Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Amora looks cool but her breasts are a bit... off or is it just me LoL.

damn, Sindr looks HOT.
    Maybe you are right, at least, she appears on the cover.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    A cover from War of the Realms 4, it's nice to see Amora appearing on covers, I can't understand why this is not more common.

I adore Arthur Adams work (infinitely more than Dauterman's, for sure), but I don't think he did a good job here. I even prefer his (much) older depiction of Amora, with Claremont, in The New Mutants Special episode of The Asgardian Wars. I mean, in graphical sense, not as a character, because she clearly stole Karnilla's role (and her castle, and her servants, and the dusty books, and so on) in that story.

before that Amora decided to punish her sister for not doing anything for Asgard.
    Man, that story was good (and still is ). Not enough people appreciate it nowadays... Maybe because it's more like a Shakespearean comedy (of many coincidental intentions, not errors) than a superhero comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox_Nihil View Post
    I adore Arthur Adams work (infinitely more than Dauterman's, for sure), but I don't think he did a good job here. I even prefer his (much) older depiction of Amora, with Claremont, in The New Mutants Special episode of The Asgardian Wars. I mean, in graphical sense, not as a character, because she clearly stole Karnilla's role (and her castle, and her servants, and the dusty books, and so on) in that story.
    Yeah, you are right, graphically, Adams draws an spectacular Enchantress in that story, time happens for everyone and not all the artists are able to maintain the big level. What I always hated it was the fact that Claremont didn't respect what Simonson was doing during his Thor run, specifically the fact that Amora was depressed, she lost Skurge and began a relationship with Heimdall that was trying to help her to overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox_Nihil View Post
    Man, that story was good (and still is ). Not enough people appreciate it nowadays... Maybe because it's more like a Shakespearean comedy (of many coincidental intentions, not errors) than a superhero comic?
    Yeah, I knew, but always I thought that Lorelei would have been a bit more complex especially for the fact she has a grudge against her sister for reasons never explained and with a relationship with her that mirrors a lot Thor and Loki in another level.

pic Thanks Charlie 1981

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    pic Thanks Charlie 1981
    Thanks to you for reply

Two pics for Today.

I, I really want to see the day, MARVEL gives Amora justice, don't forget Lorelei the way they are doing and Sylvie becomes more important and appears more.

Amora

Sylvie Lushton, Clea and Doctor Strange.

Has Clea and Amora ever met on panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Has Clea and Amora ever met on panel?
    I can't remember, maybe in the Classic Defenders book but not sure, also I thought that on the Acts of Vengeance tie in on Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme they met.

I can't remember, maybe in the Classic Defenders book but not sure, also I thought that on the Acts of Vengeance tie in on Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme they met.
    Not in Classic Defenders that I remember--Clea was not around that early on with them and Enchantress only appeared in the Valkyrie creation story. Amora should have returned later to beguile them, but they did not feature her.

But these 2 sorceresses should meet!

Not in Classic Defenders that I remember--Clea was not around that early on with them and Enchantress only appeared in the Valkyrie creation story. Amora should have returned later to beguile them, but they did not feature her.

But these 2 sorceresses should meet!
    Yeah, now that you said it, they met only in the Doctor Strange's Acts of Vengeance tie-in.

With Sylvie Lushton, Clea meets her on Fearless Defenders.

Yeah, now that you said it, they met only in the Doctor Strange's Acts of Vengeance tie-in.

With Sylvie Lushton, Clea meets her on Fearless Defenders.
    Ah, thank you.

I am always intrigued how different magical adepts powers are different, especially when they are from different lands, planets and dimensions!

Ah, thank you.

I am always intrigued how different magical adepts powers are different, especially when they are from different lands, planets and dimensions!
    Yeah, me too, though in my case I have had never liked the fact that to make Amora weak, they go for the fact she is far from Asgard. Unfortunately this became a lame trend and writers just assume she isn't enough powerful when she is a goddess and even in that case, she's more powerful than anyone.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 03-08-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Yeah, me too, though in my case I have had never liked the fact that to make Amora weak, they go for the fact she is far from Asgard. Unfortunately this became a lame trend and writers just assume she isn't enough powerful when she is a goddess and even in that case, she's more powerful than anyone.
    True.

I did not mind the first time they did that, but that was a special cicumstance, which should not have been repeated. I did not know that they tend to always do that today.

True.

I did not mind the first time they did that, but that was a special cicumstance, which should not have been repeated. I did not know that they tend to always do that today.
    I'm totally agreed, it should be a thing that writers should know or even they should show to themselves that they like the character not humiliating her in every moment. This is one the reasons that I'm always complaining since 20 years ago.