Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

That's why I always say that they should do her justice and show more respect. Especially on a day like today's women's day, a character that was totally opposite and different from the rest in the 60s, should be better.

Think about how were characters like the Wasp, Jean Grey, The Invisible Girl or The Scarlet Witch and then look at the Enchantress, a character like Amora was totally different and showed that women were much more, I do not understand that they did not praise her more and show as an example of strong women, because many current female characters are not so different from the first Marvel villainess, even heroines.

Yeah, I chalk it up to inexperienced-to-Marvel Comics Marvelous past writers. They simply do not do a background history search on characters. They do not get a "feel" for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I chalk it up to inexperienced-to-Marvel Comics Marvelous past writers. They simply do not do a background history search on characters. They do not get a "feel" for the character.
    I agree, the truth is that I do not know to say if it is naivety, sadness or frustration, I can not stop thinking that some time, some year, finally someone lights the light of his/her head and really shows his/her love for those characters to make them more important, the case of Amora for me is important, I like her too much, she is my favorite and it always will be and I just want to read something really good, I try to keep hope but every day that passes is more difficult.

I would love to see someone like Al Ewing who is one of my favorite current Marvel writers to write Thor or even a miniseries about the Enchantress, I'm sure it would be great, fun and at the same time well written and in depth.

Truth.

You can tell we love the characters!

Truth.

You can tell we love the characters!
    Yeah, things should it be like that on part of all the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Yeah, things should it be like that on part of all the writers.
    I agree.

Probably why I love the older comics, the older stories and the creative teams if the 1960's and 70"s. While they were not perfect, they were the ones who breathed life into our favorite characters that enabled us to become fans.

For example, the first time Amora's powers were halved, was because Odin cursed her and Executioner and banished them to some "far off realm" --but still in Asgard, I guess an unfamiliar part. Somehow, travelling there and Odin's curse cut her powers. Also the introduction of another favorite lady of mine--the powerful Sorceress Cassiolena! Anyways, Amora hatched a plan to steal a time travel device so that she could return to Asgard and we had that Great Lady Liberators story! I always loved that! Everything was tied together also. The reason Wanda could deflect Amora's blast was because it was halved. We got to see "Valkyrie" before she came to the comics as herself. The art was good, and while the women were often shown as weaker, they were not here! They defeated the male Avengers quite easily!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-08-2019 at 03:44 PM.

I agree.

Probably why I love the older comics, the older stories and the creative teams if the 1960's and 70"s. While they were not perfect, they were the ones who breathed life into our favorite characters that enabled us to become fans.

For example, the first time Amora's powers were halved, was because Odin cursed her and Executioner and banished them to some "far off realm" --but still in Asgard, I guess an unfamiliar part. Somehow, travelling there and Odin's curse cut her powers. Also the introduction of another favorite lady of mine--the powerful Sorceress Cassiolena! Anyways, Amora hatched a plan to steal a time travel device so that she could return to Asgard and we had that Great Lady Liberators story! I always loved that! Everything was tied together also. The reason Wanda could deflect Amora's blast was because it was halved. We got to see "Valkyrie" before she came to the comics as herself. The art was good, and while the would enjoy were often shown as weaker, they were not here! They defeated the male Avengers quite easily!
    Yeah, things like that should never be forgotten. We need writers that love and know the characters and be able to make them, great.

I'm still waiting for this day to come. You know how I'm feeling with this, I need to have hope because I'm nervous and afraid regarding War of the Realms upcoming crossover.

new pic

I like!

I never thought about these 2 fighting. Interesting as Amora is so powerful! Tying Diana up with her own magic lasso is only the beginning.

I like!

I never thought about these 2 fighting. Interesting as Amora is so powerful! Tying Diana up with her own magic lasso is only the beginning.
    Yeah, I agree, I love it too. It's nice to see Amora vs Diana.

Wonder Woman vs Enchantress thank Charlie 1981

n 5 no in cover but

The final act kicks off with WAR OF THE REALMS #5, which sees our heroes making an attempt to retake the Earth from Malekith and his forces thanks to the gains they’ve made in #3 and #4, plus with some assistance from new and surprising allies. But as you can see from this insanely awesome cover by Arthur Adams and Matthew Wilson showing the Black Panther leading a squad against the undead army of the Enchantress, the heroes definitely still have their work cut out for them! Issue #5 sets the stage for the final battle in #6, which will change the world of Thor and of the entire Marvel Universe forever!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...-to-art-adams/
    Last edited by juan678; 03-11-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wonder Woman vs Enchantress thank Charlie 1981

n 5 no in cover but

The final act kicks off with WAR OF THE REALMS #5, which sees our heroes making an attempt to retake the Earth from Malekith and his forces thanks to the gains they’ve made in #3 and #4, plus with some assistance from new and surprising allies. But as you can see from this insanely awesome cover by Arthur Adams and Matthew Wilson showing the Black Panther leading a squad against the undead army of the Enchantress, the heroes definitely still have their work cut out for them! Issue #5 sets the stage for the final battle in #6, which will change the world of Thor and of the entire Marvel Universe forever!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...-to-art-adams/
    Still afraid about Amora's treatment and future after this.

Also, again, Amora ignored on covers even if in the solicitation she is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Still afraid about Amora's treatment and future after this.

Also, again, Amora ignored on covers even if in the solicitation she is mentioned.
    after? no aaron in thor, new writer

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    after? no aaron in thor, new writer
    I hope and beg for Ewing, it's the only writer who did a good portrayal of the Enchantress in her appearances in the Loki: Agent of Asgard series. The only writer with whom I have felt satisfied reading something and I know that he can give much more of himself, I like his work and I will thank him eternally for recovering an almost forgotten character like Lorelei, sister of Amora.

I'm not going to repeat everything said, I hope that people who have read it in this thread, understand me and understand how I feel about it.

BANNED

Fingers crossed Al Ewing turns out to be the new writer.