Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It's pretty nice.

I have decided that I will not read anything from this saga of the upcoming War of the Realms, if someone wants to comment something, go ahead, I do not care about the spoilers.

As I said many times, I am very afraid of the treatment that they are going to make of the Enchantress and I do not have anything clear that things end or will be developed well regarding her.

Maybe in two or three months I'll write something again in the thread, right now I'm too busy with work and familiar issues.

I want to make a mistake and see that things are better than they seem, I would really like it to be that way.

BANNED

Talking Happy 55th Anniversary 616 Amora the Enchantress!!! 1964-2019

Journey into Mystery #104 Apr 1964
    "The Enchantress and the Executioner!"
    Thor arrives back in 20th century New York from his trip to the future.
    Exhausted, he returns to his medical office and transforms into Dr. Don Blake.
    Jane Foster, Blake's nurse, arrives for work moments later, and leads him to the couch for a nap.
    As he sleeps, he dreams of his recent battle with the Tomorrow Man.

In Asgard, Odin complains that he is unable to drive the love for Jane out of Thor's heart.
    Seeing an opportunity, Loki comes up with a plan to win Thor away with someone more desirable.

He enlists the aid of the Asgardian goddess Amora, called the Enchantress.

Once on Earth, her great beauty captures any men who see her.
    Arriving at Blake's office, she tricks him into kissing her so that Jane will see it.
    Jane leaves, slamming the door behind her, and Blake follows.

Realizing she has failed to capture Thor's affection, Amora returns to Asgard and enlists the aid of the Executioner, Skurge.
    She orders the giant warrior, who is in love with her, to find and exile Jane.

Having gone to Jane's apartment and found her gone, Blake reverts to Thor and heads to the police commissioner's office.
    There he learns that the Executioner is rampaging through the city, and sets off to stop him.
    Meanwhile Skurge has found Jane, and uses his axe to open an
    inter-dimensional doorway and banish her to a misty, shadowy Limbo.

Thor arrives and the Executioner offers to return Jane to Earth in exchange for Thor's hammer.
    Thor agrees, and Jane is freed. But when Skurge attempts to lift the hammer, he cannot because of its enchantment.
    Suddenly his limbs transform into wooden branches.

Seeing his betrayal, the Enchantress turns the Executioner partially into a tree.
    She then tries to use her magic to transform Thor's hammer into a serpent.
    But her magic is unable to defeat the mystic protection Odin has placed on the hammer.

Using the hammer, Thor creates a vortex which carries both Amora and Skurge back to Asgard.

Thor then sees Jane, and, as Blake, joins her. From Asgard, an angry Odin vows
    that Thor will no longer defy him, and that he must act now against his son.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Chic Stone

Fantastic Four #9 variant by Terry Dodson.

promo art with amora

Anything news regarding the Enchantress or she is just forgotten as usual?

I saw news regarding a new Loki book and even an Invisible Woman mini.

Why Amora seems to be hated for Marvel staff? Seems to be that when it comes for an Asgardian book, Amora never has any chance and they uses whatever asgardian characters but never her. She never has a chance for anything even a Thor storyarc for years, for decades ...

And sorry, still busy but now I have a rest to write something.

PD: Thanks for all of your posts juan678. I like these things.

Thanks Charlie 1981

curiosity menor Amora 3,57- 4'01 motion comic today

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Charlie 1981

curiosity menor Amora 3,57- 4'01 motion comic today

Sorry but I can't see the relationship with Amora,she barely appears in the video.

Please, anyone can answer the question, I'm tired of being ignored all the time. It's not so complicated to answer something please.

Fantastic Member

Never read much about Amora, but loved her in EMH. But from what it looks like is that they wouldn't know how to write her, and they don't have much interest in her for some reason she looks like a cool character, same with Lorelei & Lushton, but I assume they don't know what to do with them, and they're just there, but at the same time in the background. Maybe if Aaron & Ewing are interested in writing her in the Valkyrie book they are going to write, but I don't know highly pessimistic they would include her in it. Optimistic after Aaron leaves the Thor book she'll get included in something.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Never read much about Amora, but loved her in EMH. But from what it looks like is that they wouldn't know how to write her, and they don't have much interest in her for some reason she looks like a cool character, same with Lorelei & Lushton, but I assume they don't know what to do with them, and they're just there, but at the same time in the background. Maybe if Aaron & Ewing are interested in writing her in the Valkyrie book they are going to write, but I don't know highly pessimistic they would include her in it. Optimistic after Aaron leaves the Thor book she'll get included in something.
    I, I do not understand what happens to the people of Marvel with her, I do not understand why they do what they do, this involution ignoring all the above is unfortunate and it hurts the whole Aaron run in Thor, if so fan he was of the Simonson's Thor, why he uses Amora in this way (Lorelei never appeared in the Aaron's Thor like she never exists too, Sylvie too when she's supposed to be missing in one of the ten realms), from what I've seen so far, it seems that the participation of Amora in this saga will be nothing less than testimonial.

I have the feeling for more than 10 years, almost 20 years, that Marvel hates her, I do not stop complaining, I send emails to Marvel to ask what happens with her, waiting for something, but they never answer me, I do not even know if that email address, works or not.

I do not want that, it is clear that no Marvel writer has the slightest interest in writing Amora, whatever the book in question is. They hate her, that's why they never develop her properly, they prefer to keep her characterization of the 60s and 70s, they do not care, they do not care, they will never do anything to improve the character, I hate that, I do not like it.

I am terribly pessimistic and nobody has shown me the opposite, I am not happy, I feel sad about these things, I want to make mistakes, talk about good, positive things, with enthusiasm, passion and optimism, to be able to show how I like to read comics and say, Finally they have nailed it, finally they do things worth reading and that everything is great and wonderful.

I do not know what else to say, except that right now the best thing I can do is to refuse to read this saga because I will be very disappointed.

Even if no one says anything I will always show my love for this character, hope Marvel someday takes note and realizes what they are doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Even if no one says anything I will always show my love for this character, hope Marvel someday takes note and realizes what they are doing wrong.

Hi Charlie!

Ya know I love Amora for the bad girl that she is and all her beauty, power and charm!

One of the nicest pics of Amora!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi Charlie!

Ya know I love Amora for the bad girl that she is and all her beauty, power and charm!

One of the nicest pics of Amora!
    Thank for the support!

Yeah, it's pretty good the pic.

From time to time, I would like someone to say something because, clearly I'm thinking nobody in these boards cares about the least, nor does they seem to understand anything (except for those who occasionally mention something that unfortunately are very few).

I am beginning to be very tired of this situation and I do not let or stop saying it until someone wants to comment because I think it is very serious.

I only care about this particular character (also their derivations / related / secondary characters) and I think it is not normal for almost 20 years, it costs something that can be highlighted because I do not know if it is something that are voluntarily on the part of the writers and the publisher who then moves to the fans (no matter what kind, current, followers from the beginning or by decades) and a popularity / risk that they never takes advantage to improve.

I'm fed up with MCU's, vague references, cameos without sense, testimonial appearances without value, involutions ignoring years and decades of minimal development to see what there is now.

I just want something decent to be able to read without needing to complain bitterly because I've already said it, I want positivism, optimism and something good.

I do not understand why Marvel does what they does with this character or why writers who clearly do not want or want to know her, do things like now, there is something called research, I see a few writers who transmit it to their stories and those who do, it is very noticeable that they want/loves their characters and not only those they create and then people read good runs of several books without seeing a radical changing of the characters so much of what they have been or make them mature and improve to follow the next step.

I just want to read the best Enchantress not someone who is humiliated constantly and treated with little respect to a point of no return.

And if that does not happen, then I do not know why I keep reading comics, it has become a routine for me and it does not seem as fun as it seemed to me before.