Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 332
  1. #241
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Correct. Jean is no longer Phoenix and does not have immortality or a way to resurrect should she again die.
    WoW that sucks.

    that's like turning Galactus back to his mortal humanoid form LoL.

  2. #242
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    WoW that sucks.

    that's like turning Galactus back to his mortal humanoid form LoL.
    Of course, but don't forget what is talking in this thread and not made off-topics just examples.

  3. #243
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Of course, but don't forget what is talking in this thread and not made off-topics just examples.
    oh yeah, sorry haha xd

    I'm just baffled by current Marvel.

  4. #244
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    oh yeah, sorry haha xd

    I'm just baffled by current Marvel.
    Yeah me too.

  5. #245
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Really seeing these things, the July solicitation of Valkyrie series, you do not even know what to think, Marvel does not have the slightest respect for their characters unless they are the same of always and even so, it is not that they are especially well treated because they return but rarely strive to make them relevant again. And meanwhile, we have a Jane Foster who will never die.

    I did not want to see or read the second issue of War of the Realms, curiosity has killed me and I regret it but The Enchantress is again humiliated in a bad way and treated worse than trash and her participation in this story by calling it somehow It is totally irrelevant because Aaron either does not know what to do with her or simply does not care if she lives or stops doing it.

    It would not surprise me that Aaron is going to kill Amora in a bad way, in a ridiculous way, without the slightest respect, not even heroic, nor villanesque, like any villain of the lowest category ... but unlike other characters she would not be replaced by someone, simply forgotten and her existence erased without further ado, Amora would not even be replaced by the missing Sylvie Lushton, whatever place she has been since Amora sent her to the unknown place where supposedly she is or Lorelei, which Aaron forget already that she exists.

    For my own mental health, I should stop reading these things because I will only feel depressed, discouraged and sad.

  6. #246
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,308

    Default

    I'm rather surprised Amora didn't attack She-Hulk on sight in revenge for her defeat in Secret Wars way back, I guess it's because Ulik wanted a fight with the Strongest There Is.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  7. #247
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm rather surprised Amora didn't attack She-Hulk on sight in revenge for her defeat in Secret Wars way back, I guess it's because Ulik wanted a fight with the Strongest There Is.
    And what would you expect if Aaron only makes her appear in one or two panels of a comic of almost 48 pages?

    Every time, it is more clear to me that Aaron does not care about the most minimal about her, he does not develop her directly in decent conditions and for what it seems will be like that in the whole saga.

  8. #248
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    And what would you expect if Aaron only makes her appear in one or two panels of a comic of almost 48 pages?

    Every time, it is more clear to me that Aaron does not care about the most minimal about her, he does not develop her directly in decent conditions and for what it seems will be like that in the whole saga.
    Aaron only cares about destroying everything related to Thor while wanking Jane.

    I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time we see Amora in this event.

  9. #249
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Aaron only cares about destroying everything related to Thor while wanking Jane.

    I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time we see Amora in this event.
    In my case, probably it's the last time I'm going to see her, I'm not going to read anymore of this saga, unless something is going to change though will not likely be like that.

    I refuse to continue seeing more humiliations and stupidities for more time.

    I love Amora but I can't take it anymore of portrayals so out of character and lame.

    That love that Jason Aaron is having with Jane Foster I would have liked to have seen him with the Enchantress, no writer at Marvel is having any kind of respect with her.

  10. #250
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    In my case, probably it's the last time I'm going to see her, I'm not going to read anymore of this saga, unless something is going to change though will not likely be like that.

    I refuse to continue seeing more humiliations and stupidities for more time.

    I love Amora but I can't take it anymore of portrayals so out of character and lame.

    That love that Jason Aaron is having with Jane Foster I would have liked to have seen him with the Enchantress, no writer at Marvel is having any kind of respect with her.
    I hope Amora will be more prominent in the upcoming chapters so that you can be happy (well, Aaron is writing so I doubt that).

    I'm done with Aaron's BS writing so I'm dropping anything related to Thor.

    if there's luck, maybe they will announce Amora comic soon.

    at any rate, I wish you luck.

  11. #251
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I hope Amora will be more prominent in the upcoming chapters so that you can be happy (well, Aaron is writing so I doubt that).

    I'm done with Aaron's BS writing so I'm dropping anything related to Thor.

    if there's luck, maybe they will announce Amora comic soon.

    at any rate, I wish you luck.
    Thank you!

    Marvel will never announce any Enchantress book not now, not today, not tomorrow or in the near and distant future, they hate her and everything is very clear with this kind of things and if she were replaced, it would not be Amora, nor Sylvie Lushton nor even Lorelei, surely they create a new character of those who they like it so much for the sake of it, she would not even be recognizable.

    I've already finished with Marvel, for me it's over, I have better things to do in life, more important than this and I'm tired of seeing as Marvel, again and again ignore and disrespect fans and their opinions.

    As I said I love Amora and always I will defend her arguing with everyone who wanted it.

  12. #252
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    I am posting once, then leaving. But I have to say something because you're just making things worse for yourself at this point.

    I really don't know what else you were expecting, you have to manage your expectations, you're working yourself up because you are expecting more than is reasonable in the situation, and are so completely focused on Enchantress that you don't seem to be considering the story as a whole. I know, with your faves, it is easy to want everything to revolve around them, I get it. We all see things in our faves that other people may not care about and think they have just so much potential. I do it myself, I know I do. But this just isn't Enchantress' story, that's why she's not getting developed, it's that simple. Because doing so would be completely irrelevant to the plot.

    Not every character can get a lot of focus, there are just too many of them, and it would just clutter things up. Enchantress got the short end for now, it just happens sometimes with characters that aren't central to their corner of the universe. Dario Agger, the Queen of Heven, Kurse, and Sindr, Aaron's OWN CREATIONS, got no more panel time or development than Enchantress did, (we don't even know the Queen of Heven's NAME! because it's not really relevant to the plot, all we need to know is that she's in charge of the angels) does that mean he hates them, too? does he hate Ulik? Laufey? Because of Malekith's lieutenants in this issue, Agger got 2 panels, Kurse got 1, queen of the angels got 1, Sindr got 2, Ulik got 3, Laufey got 3, Enchantress got 3. Like it or not, the lieutenants are going to receive about the same panel time and development most of the time, unless they have a particular reason with one of the heroes to get more (such as Laufey with Loki and Freyja last issue) until they begin focusing on their different kingdoms, and the plot of the story just doesn't call for them to receive a lot of character development, it would take away needed panel time from things that are actually relevant to the plot. The characters that get development will be the ones that have a hand in shaping the story, and I'm sorry, but that's just not Amora at this particular point in the story, though she may get more towards the end since the final showdown apparently happens in South America. I know you want her to be the star, but it's just not realistic right now in this story, there's no room in the plot for that to happen.

    I'm just saying, I think you'd be happier if... i don't know, just take what you can get, don't expect her to be the star, at least not right now. Hope, fine, but don't expect it. If you don't expect more than what's realistic, you won't get as disappointed when it doesn't happen. If she gets more, then great! Maybe she will get more next story, you never know. I know you want more, but the fact that it doesn't happen right now doesn't mean there's some conspiracy or the creators hate her, they just have other priorities, they are not obligated to give every character some kind of quota of panel time and character development. For the record, i doubt she will die. Some of the lieutenants will, I bet Laufey will die messily, I'd lay good money on the Queen of Heven dying... because both of them have relatively fresh grudges with members of the Asgard royal family. Agger, Sindr, and Kurse... could go either way, Kurse may just get, well, her curse broken. But I think Enchantess, and Ulik will escape because they're older characters, which are generally safer from death, and they don't have any particular grudge with any of the heroes right now, and there is more story potential for them in the future because of their previous appearances, and there would not be much to gain from their deaths like there would be with some of the others. They're more valuable to keep around than some of the others, even if they land in limbo for a while.

  13. #253
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I am posting once, then leaving. But I have to say something because you're just making things worse for yourself at this point.

    I really don't know what else you were expecting, you have to manage your expectations, you're working yourself up because you are expecting more than is reasonable in the situation, and are so completely focused on Enchantress that you don't seem to be considering the story as a whole. I know, with your faves, it is easy to want everything to revolve around them, I get it. We all see things in our faves that other people may not care about and think they have just so much potential. I do it myself, I know I do. But this just isn't Enchantress' story, that's why she's not getting developed, it's that simple. Because doing so would be completely irrelevant to the plot.

    Not every character can get a lot of focus, there are just too many of them, and it would just clutter things up. Enchantress got the short end for now, it just happens sometimes with characters that aren't central to their corner of the universe. Dario Agger, the Queen of Heven, Kurse, and Sindr, Aaron's OWN CREATIONS, got no more panel time or development than Enchantress did, (we don't even know the Queen of Heven's NAME! because it's not really relevant to the plot, all we need to know is that she's in charge of the angels) does that mean he hates them, too? does he hate Ulik? Laufey? Because of Malekith's lieutenants in this issue, Agger got 2 panels, Kurse got 1, queen of the angels got 1, Sindr got 2, Ulik got 3, Laufey got 3, Enchantress got 3. Like it or not, the lieutenants are going to receive about the same panel time and development most of the time, unless they have a particular reason with one of the heroes to get more (such as Laufey with Loki and Freyja last issue) until they begin focusing on their different kingdoms, and the plot of the story just doesn't call for them to receive a lot of character development, it would take away needed panel time from things that are actually relevant to the plot. The characters that get development will be the ones that have a hand in shaping the story, and I'm sorry, but that's just not Amora at this particular point in the story, though she may get more towards the end since the final showdown apparently happens in South America. I know you want her to be the star, but it's just not realistic right now in this story, there's no room in the plot for that to happen.

    I'm just saying, I think you'd be happier if... i don't know, just take what you can get, don't expect her to be the star, at least not right now. Hope, fine, but don't expect it. If you don't expect more than what's realistic, you won't get as disappointed when it doesn't happen. If she gets more, then great! Maybe she will get more next story, you never know. I know you want more, but the fact that it doesn't happen right now doesn't mean there's some conspiracy or the creators hate her, they just have other priorities, they are not obligated to give every character some kind of quota of panel time and character development. For the record, i doubt she will die. Some of the lieutenants will, I bet Laufey will die messily, I'd lay good money on the Queen of Heven dying... because both of them have relatively fresh grudges with members of the Asgard royal family. Agger, Sindr, and Kurse... could go either way, Kurse may just get, well, her curse broken. But I think Enchantess, and Ulik will escape because they're older characters, which are generally safer from death, and they don't have any particular grudge with any of the heroes right now, and there is more story potential for them in the future because of their previous appearances, and there would not be much to gain from their deaths like there would be with some of the others. They're more valuable to keep around than some of the others, even if they land in limbo for a while.
    I can understand what you say, but honestly this topic is not something that is from now, it's from too many years ago (even decades) with the same things, I expected something like what Ewing tried to do in the Loki: Agent of Asgard, but it is that Aaron has not developed anything about her in all his Thor run, he has ignored everything, and I have not seen anything that makes me think differently.

    If right now you told me that something is going to change, that Marvel is really going to make some kind of effort and show it in their comics as proof that there is hope for change, it is possible that I can read again what they do and right now I'm not in that mood.

    My thought right now is this and I need something that can really change my way of thinking, but I will always be closed to this kind of thing unless a clear change is made.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 04-18-2019 at 06:26 AM.

  14. #254
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Thor #342 Apr 1984
    "The Last Viking"
    In Asgard, Odin is considering the arrival of the last Viking.
    Back on Earth, Sigurd and Jerry are surveying the destruction when Sigurd is told that

    the girl he rescued wants to thank him before she is taken to the hospital.
    She makes it very clear that she is attracted to him and wants to thank him properly when she gets out.

    As the ambulance drives off, one man notes that he didn't even get her name.
    Sigurd again hears someone calling his name in the language of old and decides to solve the mystery once and for all.
    He changes to Thor and flies off.
    Elsewhere, the gigantic figure senses the arrival of Hugin and Munin and strikes the first blow against the power of Asgard.
    Back on Earth, Thor has followed the voice to Antarctica.
    He discovers a valley teeming with life where the volcanic heat has made it cool, yet quite comfortable.
    It is here that Thor discovers a village, not unlike the towns the ancient Vikings lived in.
    He calls about but finds several of the huts empty and falling into disrepair.
    He rounds a corner and finds a Viking graveyard filled with the stone ships.
    They all point to an entrance into the side of a mountain, and Thor enters to investigate.
    After entering the cavern, a giant door slams shut and hundreds of spears are launched all right at Thor.

    In Asgard, Balder sits in the wilderness by a fire and calls to the darkness, telling the stranger to come forth.
    The cloaked figure comes forth to join him and it is revealed to be Karnilla.
    Balder tells her that what he has seen in Hel dogs him even in the empty wilderness. She tells him that he cannot carry this weight forever.
    She gets up to leave, telling him that her men have left provisions for him behind the rocks.
    And if he tires of the outland, she will offer him the hospitality of her home.

    Back in Antarctica, Thor smashes the spears, only to encounter other traps within the cave.
    After going through them all, Thor meets a gigantic warrior, that hurls a spear at Thor.
    He dodges the spear and swings at the warrior, knocking his helmet loose.
    In another cavern, beneath NYC, Fafnir nurses his hatred of Thor and realizes that Thor couldn't hurt him.
    Fafnir emerges near the South Bronx, screaming for Thor.

    And in a penthouse overlooking Central Park, Lorelei is preparing a special brew of golden mead just for Thor.

    Back in the cavern, Thor discovers that the warrior is really an old man, who tells Thor not to spare him and to finish the job.
    Thor tells him that he won't slay an ancient and carries him outside. Thor gets him outside and removes the armor and asks who he is.
    He tells Thor that his name is Eilif the Lost and that his father's fathers founded the valley long ago, and could not get back out.
    Eilif tells him that the labyrinth was the way to test themselves and become warriors since they had no enemies.
    He wanted to trap Thor, whose temper is legendary and win his way through to Valhalla.
    But he failed and is content to die the straw death having lived to see the Mighty Thor himself.
    Thor tells him that his fate no longer rests within himself.
    That he did not come all this way to discover a dotard seeking Valhalla through deception.
    The Gods of the icy north have answered Eilif's call and now his life belongs to Thor.

    Script and pencils by Walter Simonson
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  15. #255
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thor #342 Apr 1984
    "The Last Viking"
    In Asgard, Odin is considering the arrival of the last Viking.
    Back on Earth, Sigurd and Jerry are surveying the destruction when Sigurd is told that

    the girl he rescued wants to thank him before she is taken to the hospital.
    She makes it very clear that she is attracted to him and wants to thank him properly when she gets out.

    As the ambulance drives off, one man notes that he didn't even get her name.
    Sigurd again hears someone calling his name in the language of old and decides to solve the mystery once and for all.
    He changes to Thor and flies off.
    Elsewhere, the gigantic figure senses the arrival of Hugin and Munin and strikes the first blow against the power of Asgard.
    Back on Earth, Thor has followed the voice to Antarctica.
    He discovers a valley teeming with life where the volcanic heat has made it cool, yet quite comfortable.
    It is here that Thor discovers a village, not unlike the towns the ancient Vikings lived in.
    He calls about but finds several of the huts empty and falling into disrepair.
    He rounds a corner and finds a Viking graveyard filled with the stone ships.
    They all point to an entrance into the side of a mountain, and Thor enters to investigate.
    After entering the cavern, a giant door slams shut and hundreds of spears are launched all right at Thor.

    In Asgard, Balder sits in the wilderness by a fire and calls to the darkness, telling the stranger to come forth.
    The cloaked figure comes forth to join him and it is revealed to be Karnilla.
    Balder tells her that what he has seen in Hel dogs him even in the empty wilderness. She tells him that he cannot carry this weight forever.
    She gets up to leave, telling him that her men have left provisions for him behind the rocks.
    And if he tires of the outland, she will offer him the hospitality of her home.

    Back in Antarctica, Thor smashes the spears, only to encounter other traps within the cave.
    After going through them all, Thor meets a gigantic warrior, that hurls a spear at Thor.
    He dodges the spear and swings at the warrior, knocking his helmet loose.
    In another cavern, beneath NYC, Fafnir nurses his hatred of Thor and realizes that Thor couldn't hurt him.
    Fafnir emerges near the South Bronx, screaming for Thor.

    And in a penthouse overlooking Central Park, Lorelei is preparing a special brew of golden mead just for Thor.

    Back in the cavern, Thor discovers that the warrior is really an old man, who tells Thor not to spare him and to finish the job.
    Thor tells him that he won't slay an ancient and carries him outside. Thor gets him outside and removes the armor and asks who he is.
    He tells Thor that his name is Eilif the Lost and that his father's fathers founded the valley long ago, and could not get back out.
    Eilif tells him that the labyrinth was the way to test themselves and become warriors since they had no enemies.
    He wanted to trap Thor, whose temper is legendary and win his way through to Valhalla.
    But he failed and is content to die the straw death having lived to see the Mighty Thor himself.
    Thor tells him that his fate no longer rests within himself.
    That he did not come all this way to discover a dotard seeking Valhalla through deception.
    The Gods of the icy north have answered Eilif's call and now his life belongs to Thor.

    Script and pencils by Walter Simonson
    This is pretty nice, it's good to see someone that remembers Lorelei.

    I'm happy of your apportations 616MarvelYear is LeapYear

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •