Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Cbr 1 adventures of Enchantress team up with Inmortus (pag 2-4)

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-breakin...-not-really/4/

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Cbr 1 adventures of Enchantress team up with Inmortus (pag 2-4)

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-breakin...-not-really/4/
    Nice addition, thank you juan678, you always remember her, very appreciate.

Why Marvel does not stop repeating the same outdated schemes and seen thousands of times with the Enchantress?

There were times when the Enchantress, clearly could have been an anti-heroine (even she could have be part of a team like Thunderbolts), repeat again and again the same almost in a loop and not even strive to do something new is killing the characters and see them with irredeemable eyes.

Everything that has been tried to improve psychologically and mentally has been nothing and to me that is what aroused my curiosity in the Enchantress, I have always seen her as a redeemable character, even more than Loki. If with him they have been able to do it, what happens with Amora, they do not do it because she does not appear in the MCU? Ridiculous and absurd excuse that shows that something is not going well at the publisher.

Their objectives are more than fulfilled, although a little motivation and knowing where she should move would have been fine, but few writers have tried it in the past and above all, she needs development and good explanations, but with Amora they have never done it, they are lazy and they fall into the same thing over and over again.

They do not even try to improve her costume (of, course the loop circle is her symbol and also use of green color), even with Spider-Man and Captain America they have done it, with Thor, with Iron Man and all his armors, a big amount of characters from one point ot another, villains ... but the Enchantress always looks exactly the same with few changes, all the Asgardians have had improvements (The Valkyrie, one of the asgardians that most changes has suffered), changes in their clothing that still make them recognizable, but with Amora, the times that have been tried, very few, by the way, have not lasted more than 1 issue.

I do not know if the people of this forum can understand it, (I'm really sorry, apologies if my english can be so terrible and people don't understand what I tried to say) I know that those who normally write sometimes here, more or less see it, although some of those who see it do not seem to have the slightest interest, it's almost as if it did not matter If they kill off her or not, don't matter if she disappears almost 15-20 years, as already happened with Lorelei, her younger sister. After Ewing in the Loki series and the Gods of War miniseries, has anyone seen her again? And Sylvie Lushton, they had a kind of generational change but they have treated her worse than Amora and now nobody knows what has become of her, because the writers do not even remember that she exists.

I already said clearly what I want, I worry, I suffer for it, because it is something that I really like and I just want to enjoy the best of the best but it hurts me to try explaining it to someone from Marvel (several times, every 15 days) and not having a sad answer, nobody ever responds and Twitter is not an exception.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-03-2019 at 11:44 PM.

War of the Realms 3 map Enchantress Thanks Charlie1981

War of the Realms 3 map Enchantress Thanks Charlie1981

It is unfair that she appears like this and that there is not a minimum of anything in the whole issue. I'm a bit frustrated and sad right now, simply what I had to say I have already said, if someone wants to discuss it, go ahead.

You complain when she doesn't appear, and now you complain when she does because she's a villain. Enchantress is a villain, she's fickle and conniving and that's fine because that's her character. She's gonna be a bad guy, inevitably get defeated when the heroes invade South America and then the process will repeat until the next time she arrives to wreak havoc. That's what villains do.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    You complain when she doesn't appear, and now you complain when she does because she's a villain. Enchantress is a villain, she's fickle and conniving and that's fine because that's her character. She's gonna be a bad guy, inevitably get defeated when the heroes invade South America and then the process will repeat until the next time she arrives to wreak havoc. That's what villains do.
    Yeah, I know but seeing always the same things, over and over again is something I can not stand, at least if something is done, at least, doing it well, I just want a better development of things because I'm tired of seeing how things are forced and seeing the same outdated schemes for the sake of it and also see how the character backs down without any explanation of why. Seriously, where's Lorelei in this, she's not dead, she's alive, what happened for a reunion between Amora and Skurge, where are not going to see anything similar in this saga because the writer just don't care to develop properly things.

I think i'm right to complain about it.

And while I get wanting to see development for your favorite characters, this goes back to what I said a couple pages back about managing your expectations. You are NEVER going to be pleased because there is no possible way for them to live up to your exceptionally high expectations given her current status. You are continually setting yourself up for disappointment because you are expecting more than is reasonable for her at this time. Amora just is not popular enough, and isn't a central enough part of the event (and nor should she, any more than the Queen of Heven or one of the other lieutenants would get) and doesn't have enough of a connection to the central characters to get that sort of attention. Her star has faded, and she's fallen to the side of the road. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's just the way of things at the moment. While it may be possible for her to be elevated at some point, I wouldn't count on it in the near future, and unless you want to continue to be disappointed every single time she appears (or doesn't) you're going to have to adjust what you expect from her appearances, or nothing will ever live up to your expectations. Have high hopes, sure, but lower expectations.

I know you can see all sorts of possibilities for her in your head, and think it would be awesome to have stories focused on her and her relationships. But in general I don't think enough people share that view right now for Marvel to do that. You likely are her biggest fan on the planet, not many others will regard her the way you do. If it's going to happen, it's not going to happen in this event, and probably not in the next story she appears in either. If she comes back into more prominence, it will likely be to fill the hole Loki left when he turned face, should they need a tricksy villainous magic user for a story. So she may become more prominent again, but I wouldn't count on a face turn in the near future.

I wouldn't count out a reunion with Skurge, though. I'm sure everyone, but Asgardians in particular, will probably be gathered for the final fight, and since the big showdown happens in her domain, well, they'd likely be in the same place, and she will likely be the last LT left standing. But... given Skurge's desire to move beyond his past in Asgardians of the Galaxy, I wouldn't count on it being a terribly happy reunion.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I am trying to offer advice. I think you will be happier if you just keep in mind her status, and adjust your expectations accordingly. And I know this may come off as someone in a privileged position talking down, since my personal favorite Asgardian is doing quite well, (even if he did literally get eaten and died not long ago. tho i was actually pretty stoked for that, oddly.) but I do have other favorite characters that are rarely seen, like Elsa Bloodstone, (adore her) among others, so I do know what it's like to be a fan of a character that doesn't get seen all that often, let alone get a lot of character development. And while I would love for Elsa and some of the others I like to get more panel time, mostly I just have to accept that I will see them rarely and treasure the times I do see them, because I understand that they just aren't popular enough to warrant a lot of development right now. If it happens, great, but I'm not expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    And while I get wanting to see development for your favorite characters, this goes back to what I said a couple pages back about managing your expectations. You are NEVER going to be pleased because there is no possible way for them to live up to your exceptionally high expectations given her current status. You are continually setting yourself up for disappointment because you are expecting more than is reasonable for her at this time. Amora just is not popular enough, and isn't a central enough part of the event (and nor should she, any more than the Queen of Heven or one of the other lieutenants would get) and doesn't have enough of a connection to the central characters to get that sort of attention. Her star has faded, and she's fallen to the side of the road. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's just the way of things at the moment. While it may be possible for her to be elevated at some point, I wouldn't count on it in the near future, and unless you want to continue to be disappointed every single time she appears (or doesn't) you're going to have to adjust what you expect from her appearances, or nothing will ever live up to your expectations. Have high hopes, sure, but lower expectations.

I know you can see all sorts of possibilities for her in your head, and think it would be awesome to have stories focused on her and her relationships. But in general I don't think enough people share that view right now for Marvel to do that. You likely are her biggest fan on the planet, not many others will regard her the way you do. If it's going to happen, it's not going to happen in this event, and probably not in the next story she appears in either. If she comes back into more prominence, it will likely be to fill the hole Loki left when he turned face, should they need a tricksy villainous magic user for a story. So she may become more prominent again, but I wouldn't count on a face turn in the near future.

I wouldn't count out a reunion with Skurge, though. I'm sure everyone, but Asgardians in particular, will probably be gathered for the final fight, and since the big showdown happens in her domain, well, they'd likely be in the same place, and she will likely be the last LT left standing. But... given Skurge's desire to move beyond his past in Asgardians of the Galaxy, I wouldn't count on it being a terribly happy reunion.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I am trying to offer advice. I think you will be happier if you just keep in mind her status, and adjust your expectations accordingly. And I know this may come off as someone in a privileged position talking down, since my personal favorite Asgardian is doing quite well, (even if he did literally get eaten and died not long ago. tho i was actually pretty stoked for that, oddly.) but I do have other favorite characters that are rarely seen, like Elsa Bloodstone, (adore her) among others, so I do know what it's like to be a fan of a character that doesn't get seen all that often, let alone get a lot of character development. And while I would love for Elsa and some of the others I like to get more panel time, mostly I just have to accept that I will see them rarely and treasure the times I do see them, because I understand that they just aren't popular enough to warrant a lot of development right now. If it happens, great, but I'm not expecting it.
    And I sincerely thank you very much for your sincerity, because it is what I wanted when I created this thread and wanted to discuss things, something to be able to comment and discuss, being agree, refute ... we can have similar visions in several points and there are other points in which we do not agree.

I just want what I already said, Respect, Justice and Better development and a little more love towards the character for that to happen, it would be absolutely great. I already said several pages ago, I want to be more optimistic, more positive, discuss with people that loves her too, I want to make mistakes and see that things can change but I am afraid, angry, frustrated, I am too pessimistic and I keep complaining continuously as if I were a grandfather and I know that these things are not good things, I am young and I want some good reading in which all the characters are important, moderately relevant, to know their stories ... I just want a character like Amora the Enchantress and derivatives (Lorelei, Sylvie Lushton .. .) not to be forgotten.

There is another thing to say, How Amora could appear on the MCU when first, DC used their Enchantress on Suicide Squad Movie and two, Amora's real name is very similar to Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy? I don't like things like that.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-05-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Charlie, I know your feelings about Amora but pls follow this advice:

It works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Charlie, I know your feelings about Amora but pls follow this advice:

It works for me!
    You're so right, my friend. Thank you very much. I will try to put it in practice.

Today Preview Spiderman Life in 1984 Amora Adventures in Secret Wars

Today Preview Spiderman Life in 1984 Amora Adventures in Secret Wars
    Who draws it?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Who draws it?
    Mark Bagley