Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Maybe Marvel should change the format of Marvel Comics Presents...instead of 4 stories per they do one story per. Anyone not in a regular series can have stories put in there that can run 1-4 issues. After that story they use someone else for the next arc. Popular characters are brought back. They get to test the waters with characters before committing to a new series. Or start a new series that does that.
    This was kinda the format of that like, mid-2000's anthology series and it's much better than uh, the old anthology within an issue thing for MCP that no one is buying now. 3 issue story for a recognizable or classic character + 3 issue story for a recognizable or classic character = 6 issues for a trade. Rinse, repeat.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It's also kind of Marvel Team-Up's format. They change creative team every arc, and who Ms Marvel teams up with (the first arc is Spider-Man, the second is Captain Marvel).

MCP is three stories per issue, not four. A continuing Wolverine story plus two one-offs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He said it's not Nadia centered... but I won't be surprised if it's The Winsome Wasp, starring Janet.
    That would be great!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

It's also kind of Marvel Team-Up's format. They change creative team every arc, and who Ms Marvel teams up with (the first arc is Spider-Man, the second is Captain Marvel).

MCP is three stories per issue, not four. A continuing Wolverine story plus two one-offs.
    Oh, yeah. Go Marvel Team-Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    That's a darn shame, but not entirely unexpected. You never know where strong trade sales will take her however.
    I think the issue with this series is that it was swallowed up by its supporting cast.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Jim Zub didn't expect UW to be cancelled, and thus while Nadia will still be in the Champions, he hasn't got anything major planned for her.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1128065033097875456

Also, someone suggested that Priya should join the team, since she just got powers, but he says there's no plans to add anyone else.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think the issue with this series is that it was swallowed up by its supporting cast.
    I think the supporting cast was one of its biggest strengths. Too often, the supporting characters aren't fully fleshed out, and they're just there to react to whatever that main character is doing. In this series, we really got to know and love all of the members of G.I.R.L. in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I think the supporting cast was one of its biggest strengths. Too often, the supporting characters aren't fully fleshed out, and they're just there to react to whatever that main character is doing. In this series, we really got to know and love all of the members of G.I.R.L. in their own right.
    And that was the problem IMHO. They were never the supporting cast just the cast. It's there job to orbit the sun not be their own little suns as well. Even when Nadia appeared in different titles such as Champions she always had to mention G.I.R.L. It felt like an unofficial team book that Nadia led instead of a solo book where she was the star.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Just remembered something. Fantastic Four #10 has a Future Foundation backup story by Whitley, so his new book might be that.
    I wonder if he'd combine Future Foundation with GIRL then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    And that was the problem IMHO. They were never the supporting cast just the cast. It's there job to orbit the sun not be their own little suns as well. Even when Nadia appeared in different titles such as Champions she always had to mention G.I.R.L. It felt like an unofficial team book that Nadia led instead of a solo book where she was the star.
    AKA "The Arrowverse effect."

It's Future Foundation.

ensemble casts are the most galaxy brain casts

It's Future Foundation.
    Interested to see how his approach differs/remains the same compared to Wasp.

I wonder if the second arc will see the FF and GIRL meet each other?

I wonder if the second arc will see the FF and GIRL meet each other?
    I smell a guest spot .

The FF and G.I.R.L. meeting up for an arc would rule. Glad Whitley is getting more Marvel work - UW is a lovely, heartwarming book, but he can write very good "serious" comics. His All New X-Men .MU issue was great.