Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Cancelled Books and Upcoming Cancellation Speculations

So...

Solo is done. Foolkiller and Slapstick are most likely done with 5th issues as well.
    Black Widow's final issue is 12.
    Scarlet Witch ends with issue 15.
    Bleeding Cool says Great Lakes Avengers is probably cancelled with issue 6 as the TPB now collects 6 issues instead of 5.
    They also speculate MoonGirl and Thunderbolta each have 1 issue left.
    Spider-Woman and Hellcat have those 'final issue covers' so who knows whats up with them.

Predictions on other upcoming cancellations:

Mosaic is possibly getting dragged for another arc, ugh.
    Of course all 3 solo Guardian books will not reach past 12. No doubt there at all.
    I don't see America and Hawkeye lasting for long.
    Prowler not lasting long.

I have on good authority that Moon Girl will go past issue #18
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Amazing Member

Black Widow is probably moreso to move that creative team onto something else. I could see Samnee being put into Captain America or taking over Dr. Strange if Bachalo leaves.

This is one of the rare times in Marvels history that I can't imagine what would replace those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I hope so that is my son's favorite book. He would be upset if it were to get canceled.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Not GLA?! It's only just started! I'll miss Spider-Woman, that's been a great book.

What makes you think America and Hawkeye won't do well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Makes sense. From what I've heard, it seems very big on the Scholastic/trade market.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So...

Solo is done. Foolkiller and Slapstick are most likely done with 5th issues as well.
    Bleeding Cool says Great Lakes Avengers is probably cancelled with issue 6 as the TPB now collects 6 issues instead of 5.
    Spider-Woman and Hellcat have those 'final issue covers' so who knows whats up with them.

Of course all 3 solo Guardian books will not reach past 12. No doubt there at all.
    Thanks; you just saved me some money. But i wish they'd put some of the thunderbolts on the avengers or sonething.

Spectacular Member

So...

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Thanks; you just saved me some money. But i wish they'd put some of the thunderbolts on the avengers or sonething.
    Doesn't this become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy? Yes there are signs out there taht may point to a book being canceled, but posting something like this and making people think the cancellation is imminent leads to less sales, and thus the cancellation? It feels like reading posts - Hellcat was "about to be cancelled" for months, and Black Widow was doing fine - and yet Black Widow is now ending, and Hellcat hasn't been confirmed to end. Scarlet Witch started getting "it's about to be cancelled" posts at issue 6 or 7, and made it to 15....

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    Doesn't this become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy? Yes there are signs out there taht may point to a book being canceled, but posting something like this and making people think the cancellation is imminent leads to less sales, and thus the cancellation? It feels like reading posts - Hellcat was "about to be cancelled" for months, and Black Widow was doing fine - and yet Black Widow is now ending, and Hellcat hasn't been confirmed to end. Scarlet Witch started getting "it's about to be cancelled" posts at issue 6 or 7, and made it to 15....
    It is, but Marvel does need to do a better job at giving us a reason to not think that. With the yearly relaunches, getting to 12 issues seems to generally be the best you can hope for the weirder or more obscure books so it's hard to not look at a lot of these books with a lifespan already. Heck, for the past 3 or 4 months i've been expecting the FINAL ISSUE note for Scarlet Witch every time the solicits come out.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Glad Mosiac and Moon Girl are moving along.

I hope Spider-Woman isn't cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Glad Mosiac and Moon Girl are moving along.

I hope Spider-Woman isn't cancelled.
    Why are you happy that books that people enjoy are being cancelled?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant 'moving along' like 'hit the bricks' or 'shuffling off'
    Last edited by Cowtools; 12-20-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Why are you happy that books that people enjoy are being cancelled?
    I think what he means is that he's happy the books are still going and not cancelled at this time.

I fear for Spider-Woman based on that cover and a tweet from Javier Rodriguez. BUT you can't deny is had a really great run.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I'm really sorry if Scarlet Witch is ending. I've loved it.

Sandy Hausler

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That seems a bit of a shame. Such a good creative team.

Not surprising, although I thought it was cool that they were doing something different, so that could be sad.

Why are you upset about that? Do you not like the story? Any idea which issue ends the first arc?

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

I'd hate to see Thunderbolts cancelled, its first two ongoing series are blueprints of how it should be, the art of the current run really hurt this series
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"