Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Unstoppable Wasp is one of the best books coming out right now so it is such a shame that it is being cancelled.

With 3 issues left I hope Whitley can wrap-up the series in a satisfying way.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I figure that AIM will resurrect him as their leader, he'll spend a brief period as a villain, and will snap out of it. These characters always revert to form.
    AIM already tried to recruit Pym a couple times and he has turned them down every time.

I could see Hank Pym joining AIM if they tricked him. AIM pretend they are reformed (like when Sunspot lead them) but are still secretly evil and using Pym.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Maybe Marvel should change the format of Marvel Comics Presents...instead of 4 stories per they do one story per. Anyone not in a regular series can have stories put in there that can run 1-4 issues. After that story they use someone else for the next arc. Popular characters are brought back. They get to test the waters with characters before committing to a new series. Or start a new series that does that.
    Sounds like Marvel's previous test the waters titles - Marvel Spotlight, Marvel Feature and Marvel Premiere

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    How though. Hank didn’t just die, his soul was eaten.
    We still don't know how it works though. Maybe "inside" of Devondra, the soul-eating creature in Soul World, is another world where the soul remains until it's ready to emerge back to its own dimension, or it has to fight its way back, or whatever. Any good writer can come up with a variety of ways and explanations to bring Hank back.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    However a writer wants write it. There is all kinds of mystical or cosmic mumbo jumbo a writer could come up with if they wished.

Superhero comics are fantasy. There aren't any set rules really.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Pym doesn't even believe in the concept of a soul (Ant-Man & the Wasp mini). he's probably backed himself up the same way that he did Bill Foster.
    It's not because one doesn't believe in something that it doesn't exist. Matt Murdock most likely believes in the concept of a soul. Still doesn't mean it exists.

Right now, in the Marvel Universe, facts as we have seen them tend to prove that souls do exist, thus proving Hank wrong in his belief. Maybe if he comes back he'll have a new understanding and beliefs on things.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I do hope once again, the trades save it and we get a new volume in 2020.

I do wonder the plans of Nadia and GIRL before the end because we know Zub's plans for her are kinda weird since he said he didn't know about the ending til now.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I do hope once again, the trades save it and we get a new volume in 2020.

I do wonder the plans of Nadia and GIRL before the end because we know Zub's plans for her are kinda weird since he said he didn't know about the ending til now.
    I imagine Whitley will probably end pretty full-circle or satisfactorily (GIRL defeating Female AIM, Nadia resolving herself to new challenges, the typical ending stuff), but maybe the teases to Pymtron will get followed up on in Champions since I think Zub has had plans for that.

Yeah, Champions teased Pymtron by having Sparky infected by an Ultron drone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine Whitley will probably end pretty full-circle or satisfactorily (GIRL defeating Female AIM, Nadia resolving herself to new challenges, the typical ending stuff), but maybe the teases to Pymtron will get followed up on in Champions since I think Zub has had plans for that.
    I have not read all the issues, but I don't see what teases to Pymtron you are referring to in Whitley's book. But yeah, I suspect the end will be satisfactory to fans, probably something along the lines of "everybody loves Nadia, she's such a great friend, etc..." as it has been basically throughout the books, except for one issue where everybody was mad at her, and forgave her pretty much by the next issue (yeah, I'm a bit sour about that )

I honestly hope Nadia sticks around. There is potential with her, and if they incorporate her in a book where the tone is different, they could take her to so many places and develop her as a very interesting character. Now I feel she's stuck in the girly-girl role and any growth she could have is limited to the age group she's supposedly aimed at.

Reading the last issue (#7) makes me realize that Jarvis is really the only one who truly ever cared about Hank...

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Vol 2 Issue 1, someone told Nadia Hank was alive, she didn't believe them. Then it came up again when Finesse showed up.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Reading the last issue (#7) makes me realize that Jarvis is really the only one who truly ever cared about Hank...
    Jarvis cares about everybody. Except for when he said he didn't want Tigra on The Avengers (but that was his Skrull) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jarvis cares about everybody.
    Which makes it even sadder...

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I honestly hope Nadia sticks around. There is potential with her, and if they incorporate her in a book where the tone is different, they could take her to so many places and develop her as a very interesting character. Now I feel she's stuck in the girly-girl role and any growth she could have is limited to the age group she's supposedly aimed at.
    I hope so too. The thing is Marvel has this habit for introducing young heroes as the new generation of Marvel every decade and then forgetting them for the new model.

From New Warriors>Power Pack>Young Avengers>Academy>Champions and we are almost filled with the kid heroes and maybe if they stick with the current crew, we can have good stories come from them. The good news is the movies and TV are now in play so we won't have to see heroes getting ditched for the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I hope so too. The thing is Marvel has this habit for introducing young heroes as the new generation of Marvel every decade and then forgetting them for the new model.

From New Warriors>Power Pack>Young Avengers>Academy>Champions and we are almost filled with the kid heroes and maybe if they stick with the current crew, we can have good stories come from them. The good news is the movies and TV are now in play so we won't have to see heroes getting ditched for the new models.
    I think the thing that might complicate things is whether they bring the Young Avengers back, so they'll have to figure out a way to balance that team with the Champions.

Granted, pretty much all the Young Avengers are in their 20's now (aside from Cassie), so they're not a teen team, but for a time they were meant to be Marvel's premier teen Superhero team and that might be what they end up being in the movies.

YA should just be called New Avengers, the way God (Ewing) intended.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate