Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Maybe. Main universe Karen is an engineer, but not a super-genius like Nadia or Riri. And she's married - basing it on DCSHG would've served to de-age her and remove that.

I think we can safely say that he isn't just reusing the stories he pitched to DC though. Karen wouldn't have Nadia's immigration or mental health problems.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Preview for #7 is out.

So the guest list for Nadia's party include The Champions (pre-relaunch), Young Avengers, and some of the former Avengers Academy instructors (Hercules, Tigra, and Jocosta). I'm guessing that chronologically, this is going to be the issue where Nadia's teammates learn about her bipolar disorder given what is happening on the cover.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Hercules being there proves that this takes place before Avengers No Road Home... and since that's set at the same time as the Avengers vampire war arc, that also proves this is pre-War of the Realms. So yeah, this has to be where they find out. But since Pinpoint, Bombshell, Power Man, Falcon, Locust, Patriot, and Dust are apparently missing, and Miles is present, there's still a timeline problem. Logically this needs to be between Champions #4 and #5, but if so, why wouldn't the new Champions be at the party? And Miles is currently avoiding Kamala and is therefore off the team, and would've no-showed this party because Kamala is there. If it's between Champions #27 and #1, then Nadia should've already been off the team in the Beat the Devil arc.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-03-2019 at 12:45 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I am having some problems with the art. Sometimes it makes the girls look like they are 10 years old.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-03-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Preview for #7 is out.

So the guest list for Nadia's party include The Champions (pre-relaunch), Young Avengers, and some of the former Avengers Academy instructors (Hercules, Tigra, and Jocosta). I'm guessing that chronologically, this is going to be the issue where Nadia's teammates learn about her bipolar disorder given what is happening on the cover.
    Wonder if they'll comment on Finesse turning bad...

Odd combination, since She-Hulk hasn't been like that since before Riri debuted that armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am having some problems with the art. Sometimes it makes the girls look like they are 10 years old.
    You're not a fan of Gurihiru? That art style is like manga (which is why Gwenpool is apparently a big success in Japan), but that makes sense since the artist duo known as Gurihiru are Japanese. And I for one am glad the gang look young. They are supposed to be teenagers after all. How many artists would make them look too mature?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Odd combination, since She-Hulk hasn't been like that since before Riri debuted that armor.You're not a fan of Gurihiru? That art style is like manga (which is why Gwenpool is apparently a big success in Japan), but that makes sense since the artist duo known as Gurihiru are Japanese. And I for one am glad the gang look young. They are supposed to be teenagers after all. How many artists would make them look too mature?
    In and of itself the art is good...and yes they should look young as they are teenagers. However in some panels like the one where Shay and Ying meet Shay's mom...both of the girls look like they are 10 years old...not like they are in their late teens.

I’m not a fan of the art either. But the writing makes up for it in my opinion.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

All I want from this birthday party is for God Tony to confirm that he has adopted this baby.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

I would like to see Alexis get some development. As the non-genius of the group I would like to see her train in hand to hand with Ying and Bobbi as well as get a watch/gauntlet like Tony had in Civil War with an energy beam in the palm and an energy shield function.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would like to see Alexis get some development. As the non-genius of the group I would like to see her train in hand to hand with Ying and Bobbi as well as get a watch/gauntlet like Tony had in Civil War with an energy beam in the palm and an energy shield function.
    What's interesting is that aside from Bobbi and Janet, Alexis is actually the most veteran GIRL in the Marvel Universe—she appeared in a one-shot story with Kate Bishop (written by Whitley) a few months before Nadia's first appearance. She's also hanging out with Kate in the Unstoppable Wasp #7 preview. I can see her becoming a bona fide superhero and even appearing in other books.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So the issue today was pretty delightful. The cover is also pretty misleading as

spoilers:
    It's actually Ying who ends up attacking Bucky on sight because back when he was the Winter Soldier, he was the one who abducted her and put her in the Red Room. Bobbi thought it was a good idea to bring Bucky along to the party since he was a fellow survivor, and when Ying realizes that Bucky was also under mind control at the time, she apologizes.
    end of spoilers

Issue as a whole was a lot of six degrees of separation of how most of the (adult) guests relate to either Hank or Janet. Nadia also gets to meet her baby half-brother.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

You forgot the big twist at the end...
    spoilers:
    Maria Pym - alive!?!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Preview for #7 is out.

Turns out they knew already. Probably got told between UW issues 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    All I want from this birthday party is for God Tony to confirm that he has adopted this baby.
    I am satisfied.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate