Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I figure that AIM will resurrect him as their leader, he'll spend a brief period as a villain, and will snap out of it. These characters always revert to form.
    Isn't that what Pymtron already was ?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

That's a darn shame, but not entirely unexpected. You never know where strong trade sales will take her however.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Not entirely unexpected since he hadn't mentioned any issues after #10, but still so disappointing. This is a series that's being praised by mainstream outlets because of how groundbreaking and important it is, and that's not a good enough reason for Marvel to keep it going?

I wonder if it'll just be relaunched as a GIRL book rather then another Wasp book (even though it'll basically just be Unstoppable Wasp with a new name).

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Not entirely unexpected since he hadn't mentioned any issues after #10, but still so disappointing. This is a series that's being praised by mainstream outlets because of how groundbreaking and important it is, and that's not a good enough reason for Marvel to keep it going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if it'll just be relaunched as a GIRL book rather then another Wasp book (even though it'll basically just be Unstoppable Wasp with a new name).
    Part of me is hoping that if there is a relaunch it will be a Janet and Nadia co-lead series, kind of like how they tried to do with Richard and Sam for Nova.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Part of me is hoping that if there is a relaunch it will be a Janet and Nadia co-lead series, kind of like how they tried to do with Richard and Sam for Nova.
    Granted, that didn't end well, so maybe not much incentive to it from a sales perspective (beyond the scholastic venue these probably do much better in)...

Extraordinary Member

It is a shame about the cancellation...lot of development we could have gotten on the G.I.R.L.s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that what Pymtron already was ?
    Pym was along for the ride. I'm talking about a flesh and blood version.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    He said it's not Nadia centered... but I won't be surprised if it's The Winsome Wasp, starring Janet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I'm still hoping it's my Ladybugs idea, all the insect and bug themed teenage girl superheroes all in one team.

Just remembered something. Fantastic Four #10 has a Future Foundation backup story by Whitley, so his new book might be that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

when this bih relaunches again in like 6 months i'll stop neglecting my kids
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I hope we get a Janet solo in the near future

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Marvel should change the format of Marvel Comics Presents...instead of 4 stories per they do one story per. Anyone not in a regular series can have stories put in there that can run 1-4 issues. After that story they use someone else for the next arc. Popular characters are brought back. They get to test the waters with characters before committing to a new series. Or start a new series that does that.