Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Leah Williams keeps mentioning that Northstar is an angry anti-fascist, anti-authority character. I know he was in the FLQ (lmao), but where else does that anger show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Leah Williams keeps mentioning that Northstar is an angry anti-fascist, anti-authority character. I know he was in the FLQ (lmao), but where else does that anger show up?
    That's been somewhat retconned to "Cell Combattre" being a bunch of radical sepratists who emulated the FLQ's methods (probably because the FLQ wasn't exactly a current reference even in '83, not to mention Northstar was only about 18 when he joined AF anyway). The 2011 Alpha Flight series soft-retconned that even further into generic "former political terrorist". How deeply Northstar was involved tends to fluctuate depending on how much the writer is trying to soft-sell the character. Byrne had him flat out say he would have delivered a bomb to Parliament Hill; Mantlo walked him back to being a message carrier only; as noted above, Van Lente and Pak had him as a former political terrorist, etc.

Northstar's distrust and criticism of the government has been a running thread through most of his time with Alpha Flight. It's typically used to demonstrate the he's the belligerent outsider on the team, but given how often Dept H and their various hangers-on have screwed AF over across most of the team's iterations, it tends not to play how the writers seem to intend it most of the time. It's also one reason why Brisson dropping a random "Oh, I'm working with the Canadian government again" in Disassembled was just weird.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-30-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Gotta wonder, when Bobby calls Moneta Jean-Paul’s protege, who is he trying to burn harder: Jean-Paul for having such a little **** as his mini-me, or Moneta by implying she has an *gasps, clutches pearls* an attachment to someone?

A little something that LyttaV on Twitter did for me.

Domestic fluff + superpowers. Lytta gets me. ❤
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-27-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Friendly reminder: The X-Tremists #4, Northstar's spotlight issue, is out tomorrow.

Hey Anduinel.

Whats your ideal/fave rendering of Jean Paul's hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hey Anduinel.

Whats your ideal/fave rendering of Jean Paul's hair?
    Sent you a PM.

Northstar and Kyle have been added to the Marvel Comics #1000 variant that originally had Earth-2 Green Lantern!
    https://www.newsarama.com/45481-marv...omics-art.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Neat! I thought for sure they'd meant Billy and Teddy for that spot.

Yaaas! I need that Northstar. Are they going to sell those individually too? Or just in a box set? Because I'm tempted, but $110 is a lot of money.

Yay!!! so happy we're getting the twins and Snowbird. We already have 4 gay Marvel Legends that I always wanted. Shattestar, Wiccan, Iceman and Northstar. All I need now is Daken and Rictor!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yaaas! I need that Northstar. Are they going to sell those individually too? Or just in a box set? Because I'm tempted, but $110 is a lot of money.
    Just the box set, so far as I know. Being able to charge for an exclusive run box set is probably the only way it made financial sense to do the rest of the team. Works out for me, though, given my feelings on Mac and Sasquatch. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yay!!! so happy we're getting the twins and Snowbird. We already have 4 gay Marvel Legends that I always wanted. Shattestar, Wiccan, Iceman and Northstar. All I need now is Daken and Rictor!
    I'm surprised there isn't a Daken yet, tbh. And we've got Karma coming out this year too. All I need is for Hasbro to do another box set for the New X-Men for Anole and I'll be set.

Jed MacKay posted a little Alpha Flight: True North preview on his Twitter.

Cute. I hope this isn't all we get of the twins, but that's looking more likely given that the other two stories look to focus on just a couple of team members each.

BANNED

Puck lookin like a snacc in those swim trunks.