Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That story was my intro to Northstar, and yeah. I was intrigued from the first. It was a really good showing for him and Rogue.

Aside from the "Supernovas" arc, no. No one seems to recall that Rogue and Jean-Paul had a pretty close bond. I asked Kelly Thompson about it once, and even she didn't seem aware of it.
    That's too bad because the number of people that really understand Jean Paul are few. I can actually see them having a double date now that they are both married.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    That's too bad because the number of people that really understand Jean Paul are few. I can actually see them having a double date now that they are both married.
    That would be cute! Also, potentially awkward given how mature everyone wants to be about Jean-Paul being Rogue's first non-traumatic kiss.

Couple of tidbits from Leah Williams' blog on The X-Tremists and Northstar. Firstly, while speaking more about her goals with the title:

X-tremists is a love story in many ways, and most aren’t romantic. But no matter what it isn’t going to ignore the experiences of characters who would already know what forbidden love feels like. X-tremists is A Lot™️ for me to write emotionality, in part because it explores the consequences of queer erasure on the page in a way that feels like I’m walking a tightrope, just barely getting away with doing it.

Also, X-tremists is largely about what happens when they wake up in this alternate reality because the way I imagine these characters in particular reacting to what they’ve been forced to be complicit in is a wildly exhilarating and cathartic story to tell. (Jean-Paul? The openly gay, anti-authority, rebellious anarchist!? Are you kidding??? Of course I want him on the Horny Cops team for an important reason!!!)
    And a question on Northstar's accessorizing:

Q: Not sure if this is spoiler-y, but another costume question: Northstar is wearing medals with his signature starburst shape. Has he actually been awarded medals for service, or is it all branding? (Yes, I know - he's part of a super-secret dirty tricks squad. But come on. Jean-Paul *would*! XD)

A: hehe he would! but all aspects of the Department X costumes–none of this was their choice. There’s a lot of meaning in how they’re dressed and the symbols they wear, but it was assigned to them. We get to unravel the meaning with the characters.

Incredible Member

I just hope Northstar's presence in this event earns him a spot on the team post-AoX!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I just hope Northstar's presence in this event earns him a spot on the team post-AoX!
    Excalibur ongoing with Williams and Baldeon. *fingers crossed*

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I seem to be in the minority, but I always loved the red and white AF uniforms from late in the original series. Jean-Paul in particular wore it well.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

That would be cute! Also, potentially awkward given how mature everyone wants to be about Jean-Paul being Rogue's first non-traumatic kiss.
    I think so. But none of them can have awkward conversations in French because they all know it.

I don't even know how I'm going to feel about this book yet, but at this point, I would subscribe to a 21-page monthly of Leah Williams' running commentary on AoXM.

The May solits are up at Newsarama. Oh, my poor boy...

AGE OF X-MAN: X-TREMISTS #4 (of 5)
    LEAH WILLIAMS (W)
    GEORGES JEANTY (A)
    COVER BY RAHZZAH
    THE AGE OF X-MAN CONTINUES!

Northstar — the guiding light that keeps the traveler reassured they are going in the right direction. If only the name rang true for poor Jean-Paul…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I seem to be in the minority, but I always loved the red and white AF uniforms from late in the original series. Jean-Paul in particular wore it well.

I like it too. That's the color of the Canadian flag.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I always liked NorthStar but I didn't really love his character until Claremont wrote him in the X-Men/Alpha Flight series.

I was first introduced to Northstar in Uncanny X-Men 120 and liked the character since then.

I didn't like the choice of Northstar's marriage partner, I was hoping for him to hook up with Iceman which was hinted when both of them were in the same team. But that was before Iceman was revealed as gay.

Leah Williams on Northstar in episode #240 of Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men:

I have two gay characters on my team, and it's because... Northstar especially is kind of my ringer because he historically is anti-fascist, anti-authority, anti-government. And he is also a gay man, he is Marvel's first openly gay man, so I immediately wanted him on my team. And he is definitely the one - and I can talk about it because it's the cover for issue four! - he's definitely the one who wakes up first and takes a look around, and he is furious. So I got to devote an issue to gay rage. And I am really grateful that I got to do that.
    Also, quick reminder - The X-Tremists #2 is out this week!

And a couple of commissions I got at C2E2:

David Yardin:

Uko Smith:

And a couple of commissions I got at C2E2:

David Yardin:

Uko Smith:
    Noice! That's my favorite costume for him, no doubt, but I loved the effect his Age of X look gave him

Hmmm... What color though..... White, Red (O Canada) or blue for star light, or green for the aurora borealis?