Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394
Results 1,396 to 1,400 of 1400

When we had that EvilVikingLoki glimpse into the past, about Erika the Red, Loki was surprised that even after her death, Thor would still want to hang out on Midgard; he said how mortals will always bring you pain. It seemed like it was experience talking. It would be plausible if it turned out that PregnantLadyLoki myth was behind that.

Yeah that was my thought as well, it would make sense. Like his line of thinking there may have been like 'my mortal lover died and that made me turn against humanity, so it would do the same for Thor as well' except it didn't, Thor took away the message that you should spend more time with mortals because their time is short. So really to make the change in his attitude since those times really clear, the story should have both the bit set in the past with the mortal family, who died cus mortals, which caused him to stop caring about mortals in general, and then him getting involved with a mortal again in the present. It would show he had learned he was wrong all those years ago. There have been a couple here and there, I know, but nothing that was given a lot of panel time, if it got any panel time at all, so we don't know if he cared for them or not, really. Or it just never got very far, like Zelma. There have been mortal friends like Verity but I am kinda thinking romantically specifically.
    Last edited by Raye; Yesterday at 08:04 AM.

Loki witnessing his mortal children die would be also the explanation behind his superficial or nonexistent relationship with his following children (well, other than him being a terrible person ). One can recover after the loss of a lover, but the loss of a child is literally the most devastating experience a person can live through and there's no recovering from that.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karabaja View Post
    Loki witnessing his mortal children die would be also the explanation behind his superficial or nonexistent relationship with his following children (well, other than him being a terrible person ). One can recover after the loss of a lover, but the loss of a child is literally the most devastating experience a person can live through and there's no recovering from that.
    So them have Loki be the mom of Nari and Vari? (Sorry I I spell their names wrong.)

Could be, but it doesn't necessarily have to be them, Loki himself has said he has had dozens of children. A consequence of being immortal. Some of them were with mortals, even. But the difference in my mind is that he stayed with the family back in the middle ages, the later ones were apparently just kinda flings and were abandoned afterward. Distinction between sex and love.
    Last edited by Raye; Today at 10:24 AM.