Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1583
    Extraordinary Member

I really like that they went with a Lady Loki here. There's something very cyberpunk about how easily Loki can switch and be who and what they want...well, that can be a but limited, but you know what I mean.

yeah, that's true. Like, I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 a LOT, (and I have to think Marvel is trying to ride the 2077 hype wave a bit here since it is bringing cyberpunk in general back in vogue, but that's ok) and, a while ago, CDPR announced that there would not be concrete genders in the game. You can choose a male or female looking body and a male or female sounding voice, and mix and match them any way you like, from the sounds of it the character creator is still a work in progress and it will allow a lot of customization and nothing will be restricted by gender. You can totally play as a cisgender person if you want, but at no point do you tell the game, 'i want to play as a guy' it's all visual/audio, and you can totally play as a big beefy looking dude with a female voice or vice versa and play as someone who is trans or whatever. It should be noted, that it's not the first game to handle it in this way, Saints Row did this years ago, but anyway. So those fans got in a big giant snit over this, saying CDPR had 'sold out to the SJW agenda' blah blah, and I'm jut sitting here thinking.... it's a cyberpunk game! of course the boundaries of gender should be kinda fuzzy. That's a core idea to the genre, that people are not bound by the bodies they are born with, they can augment them in any way they want, and that should obviously include gender. And of course that would appeal to Loki, who was born a frost giant but lives as an Asgardian and sometimes switches genders or even species... he's kinda living the cybepunk ideal already, he just achieves it with magic rather than tech.

also: https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...48178169860096

"Our first #Loki collection comes out in paperback January 21, 2020 from @Marvel"

and also from twitter Donny Cates seems to be having fun with Thor https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1177684059239137281
    Last edited by Raye; 09-29-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    also: https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...48178169860096

"Our first #Loki collection comes out in paperback January 21, 2020 from @Marvel"

and also from twitter Donny Cates seems to be having fun with Thor https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1177684059239137281
    Well I hope that puts this whole cancellation business to bed now.

Please let him be working on Thor!

I can't wait until NYCC!

no 2020 loki with gear shoulders *sob*
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well, apparently Kibblesmith will be signing on Saturday at the Marvel booth https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...59744924770304

and will be doing an interview for ComicsBeat https://twitter.com/GregSilber/statu...55505934344195

so even if he's not participating in the announcement for the new Thor creative team (I suspect he will be though, even if he's not the focus) we will at least get a new interview out of it

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I like that he states it's their first collection. So here's hoping we have some good continuing news coming this next weekend.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, I'm pretty sure now that it's not cancelled. Relaunched maybe, the weirdness with skipping a month (or more) which coincides with the Thor relaunch, the teases about Loki getting Mjolnir, the apparent artist change, the volume number weirdness, etc. could line up with a relaunch. but there is a big difference between cancellation and being relaunched.

So I decided to dust off my Sims game, kill off all the sims that need to be ded, (Valkyrie, Skurge, Kid Loki...) and just get it all up to date, since it's been a long time since i played it, but i got in there and was reminded WHY it's been so long since I played it. it's so bogged down that it's just crashing constantly, and takes an age to load. so I think it's time to pack everyone up and move them to a new town.

But I'm not sure which town to pick, so opening it up to feedback here. currently i am in a (modified) Bridgeport because it is the closest match to New York, and I could just start in a fresh version of that, but there are other towns too... https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Categor..._in_The_Sims_3 those are the official ones, but there are also mod towns: http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3-category/worlds/ and there, you even have just a copy of New York, straight up, which is tempting http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims...new-york-city/ but that one may be extremely large, and just lag again. this may be a more playable alternative http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims...rge/st-claire/ this one has a nice little Greenwich type area that the Sanctum Sanctorum could be plopped down in: http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims...fortress-rock/

They've also finally added magic to the Sims 4, and it looks pretty robust, but not sure if i am keen on on spending the amount of money it would take to get into Sims 4 at this point. (they have DLC for DLC, it's nuts. Sims 3, i just got it all as a bundle at a Steam sale) I think my sims 4 experience will stay with watching LPs

Extraordinary Member

I got the Sims 4 with the magic pack.

You could do a pretty decent Loki with it, but yeah, Sims 4 is expensive! And while the build options and creation are fun, a lot of times it feels like you're paying premium for just clothes. The only thing that really added much that wasn't DLC was when they made it so you could make transgender characters. Everything else was something you could already do in the older games.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Great Interview!

Kibblesmith once again pointing out that he's really read up on Loki, not just comic book Loki but also Loki in the myths as well. This is one of my favourite parts of the interview.

"Loki’s defining trait, especially in the original myths, is that he is both the creator and the solver of the problem. Because no one else is clever enough to get him out of the mess he started"

another favourite is

"The story we’re telling now is about coming back from that—healing, forgiveness, and the responsibility that comes with an ever-racing, ever-curious brain, the default setting of which is casual mayhem. Loki’s superpower is one that real people actually have to live with and manage: “I just noticed a vulnerability in our world. What would happen if I acted on it?”"

Nice! not a whole lot new there, but he does seem to have a good handle on Loki despite being relatively new to following him, I think it's interesting that his editor recommended he read Gaiman's Norse Mythology for research.
    Also i now know he has a tumblr, https://kibblesmith.blog/ it seems to just be reposting stuff from Instagram but means i can actually share some of the stuff he posts on a platform i actually am sort of active on. (tho really not big into social media in general)

Also, I went with the 'St Claire' map (the NY Lite one) after Fortress Rock crashed on loading a save several times, so it's clearly buggy somehow, and NY was just too large, and it seems good so far. I need to rebuild all the 'caste' rules (another mod that overwrites the vanilla story progession, so that my sims are immortal, can not get careers unless I tell them to, and can not randomly get hitched and have kids with some rando when i switch to a different household. but the randos still can.) and get everyone friends with everyone else again, but it runs smoother than before and it's not crashing every half hour. It was an unpopulated map, so while I do have a mod that's spawning a lot of random sims to fill jobs and whatnot, lots of free houses so I think I will end up breaking up some of the households, and maybe adding some more comics characters. Browsing mods for a suitable 'Asgard' house, right now i have them in a big farmhouse, and will leave Jane there because it has room for a stable for her horse, but after I kill off those that need to be killed the farmhouse may be fine, especially if I leave Balder on the tugboat (i couldn't leave my awesome little boat behind, come on)

Extraordinary Member

So this interview is a good sign for the book. I guess my only issue is that Loki wasn't just some misunderstood art class kid who fooled around a bit. No, Loki was, even as a child, a little ****. Yes, that was a slightly different Loki, but still. Loki was disliked for a reason.

Also, the best part of Sims 4 is that there aren't many crashes. The game plays really smooth even on older machines. I think this was my biggest problem with the Sims 3, that it was so damn laggy. I mean, I was spending tens of minutes just for things to load.

I think what he's saying is that Loki was a little **** because he was TOLD he was a little ****, even when he wasn't. So if he was told he was bad even when he wasn't really doing anything other than being inquisitive, he figured he may as well actually live up to that bad perception, rather than neuter himself in order to maybe be perceived as good. It wasn't a great strategy, but... The stuff we've seen of Loki as a small child is inconsistent, some writers went with the idea that he is just bad and was always bad, others went with more of a good kid gone bad angle, they don't really jive with each other, they can't both be true at the same time. so I think Kibblesmith is just kind of picking one depiction, the more innocent version, and going with that.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-01-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Loki was disliked for a reason.
    Loki was pretty much disliked because he was different though and he didn't follow the standard male Asgardian way. There's a lot of reasons someone can be disliked and it not at all being because of their own personality.

Also as Raye pointed out, writers have been inconsistent with Loki's childhood. Well I think it's actually been retconned, the more Loki turning bad because that's what he was told has been done after his face turn while the more he was just bad from the very start was more before the face turn.

On top of that what little kids aren't shits? He was a kid and a kid shouldn't be called or deemed evil no matter what except in certain circumstances.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 10-01-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Yeah, i mean there are limits to what you should allow from a kid, but.... kids push their limits, they're still learning what's acceptable and what isn't, so you have to expect some little-**** moments from pretty much any kid. But i think you're right in that it was kind of retconned a bit. And i don't really have a problem with that, since it doesn't really hurt anything if we sweep a few minor scenes of him being some hellspawn aside. Him being a kid that sort of went bad because of things that happened to him makes for a much more interesting character that is easier to relate to, and makes it more believable that he could course-correct now.