Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    remember we were discussing his musical tastes a littel while ago? Well, Kiibblesmith made a playlist: https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...07359572037632

It's got Mastodon, so **** yeah to that. but I think it needs more Queen and Avatar.

*edit - he added Queen for me.
    Ohh, love the Playlist. Great variety and awesome he's keeping it changing and adding new tunes.

Oh, and I guess, issue 5 is where we see him as a cowboy as mentioned this issue. Lol
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, looks like he was actually serious about making Loki a cowboy in issue 5

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    It's time for characters like Loki (or Hercules) to have male love interests: a lot of the pagan gods are pansexual in their story, and even in comics it was hinted that Loki and Hercules are interested by both sex. If they are well written (contrary to Iceman) it will not change them to be bisexuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, he needs a male LI. We just don't know who it could be. That being said, I'm really happy that they aren't just dumping an LI on us. We're building up to it.
    Right, having him say he's bi is fine and all, but it feels like it doesn't mean a lot if he never actually has a relationship with a guy even once. Even if it doesn't last, just having him do more than flirt with a guy would go a long way. He is canonically bi/pan already, so... and he's due for a love interest anywya. He had a very brief thing with Zelma in Dr Strange, little hard to say how deep that went but they did kiss at the very least. other than that, it's literally been decades. Life of a villain, i guess, where exploring their love life is often not much of a concern.

You could kill 2 birds with one stone with Hercules. But Hercules is off in space with rebooted Olympians, so I don't think that will work right now, and I also feel like the love interest should be a mortal. I still really think Raz is a good choice, if they go with an established character. He's recently single, he went on a mission to avenge Loki's death, (not because he felt anything for Loki, but still) he's Giant Man when Loki is king of the Giants, and he's smart, so I think he and Loki could get along.

Extraordinary Member

Raz would be perfect! Almost too perfect...

I'm happy Drrf isn't in the running. That would get weird.

I guess I just feel like we've done the female LI. We all know that this romance won't be around for long, so why not do something interesting with it?

If they're going to do the cowboy thing, can we bring in the male LI in then? It's a joke, but it would still be sort of funny and tragic if he has to leave them in the past.

Has a fling with Rawhide Kid in the past

But yeah, a time travel romance would be tragic, but could work. Worked fine in Umbrella Academy, with Klaus.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-16-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Has a fling with Rawhide Kid in the past

But yeah, a time travel romance would be tragic, but could work. Worked fine in Umbrella Academy, with Klaus.
    That's one way to say that...

And a time travel romance coukd lead to all sorts of weird consequences! And give this book a boost in sales!

Honestly, I was thinking about Lady Loki wedding dresses the other day. I was very bored at work.

ok, not 'fine' from Klaus' perspective, but you know what i mean, it created a compelling story. Speaking of romances back in the past, I'd also like to see that snippet in the myths that mentions Loki living as a woman with a man back in ye olde viking days explored some.

But the thing with a time travel romance is... that doesn't mean you can't have a different one in the present as well. We can have both.

Extraordinary Member

ok, not 'fine' from Klaus' perspective, but you know what i mean, it created a compelling story. Speaking of romances back in the past, I'd also like to see that snippet in the myths that mentions Loki living as a woman with a man back in ye olde viking days explored some.

But the thing with a time travel romance is... that doesn't mean you can't have a different one in the present as well. We can have both.
    It would be interesting to see, especially with these time travel elements in play. They can do that, then move on and use the depression from that for something else.

It seems like something Thor and family would probably approve of if it mesnt Loki stayed out of trouble for a few years.

I can't think of existing boys worthy of baby. Kibbles must make new worthy boys who can lift Loki by the horns. Although, I wonder if they'll ever do another story about his old wife who's name I had to Google.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD PLAYLIST ADDITIONS

Dio's "King of Rock & Roll"
    Rainbow's "Black Sheep Of The Family"
    The Tiny Tim cover of "Stayin' Alive"
    Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's "Fashion Monster"
    Lord Diamonds' "Got to Give"
    ABC's "Look Of Love"
    Paramore's "Rose-Colored Boy"
    Classixx's "All You're Waiting For"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

the new power / curse of Loki seems really interesting and full of possibilities, what struck me and that when he sees his past, he speaks of being born and is about to know what it means to die, this means that we talk about a radical change of his past and that his power works when and at the point of dying?
    please explain to me that I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It would be interesting to see, especially with these time travel elements in play. They can do that, then move on and use the depression from that for something else.

It seems like something Thor and family would probably approve of if it mesnt Loki stayed out of trouble for a few years.
    Yeah, if they do the time travel romance first, then set up something in the present, then it wouldn't feel like Loki was cheating on the present day person. It depends how the time travel works, or if it is just an old relationship revealed in flashback, how long it would be from Loki's perspective between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I can't think of existing boys worthy of baby. Kibbles must make new worthy boys who can lift Loki by the horns. Although, I wonder if they'll ever do another story about his old wife who's name I had to Google.
    The horns comment made this pop into my head:

If the video doesn't work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndu33Uv7Aco

Thing is, 'horns' there was always intended to have multiple meanings, could mean metal horns \m/, mead horns, or viking horned helms. So why not Loki's? (also there are at least 2 Marvel Mjolnir's in that video, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    the new power / curse of Loki seems really interesting and full of possibilities, what struck me and that when he sees his past, he speaks of being born and is about to know what it means to die, this means that we talk about a radical change of his past and that his power works when and at the point of dying?
    please explain to me that I am confused.
    I don't know if it means a change to his past, i mean it might, time travel can do that. But I mean he's already time jumped to change the circumstances that led to his adoption by Odin, and I doubt it will change anything beyond that, doing so would have too large an impact on Thor etc, it would create a huge headache in regards to sorting out the Thor continuity if that were to happen. I think it's just that when he was being sucked into the House of Ideas he kind of had his life flash before his eyes. But also some of his future. If it only worked at the point of his dying, I think that would make him too similar to Moira MacTaggart's recently revealed powers. I suspect it is something he has more control over. I think it is either something like rewriting the past, like he did with Cul and Leah in JiM, or have his mind jump back in time and enter his past self's body.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think the whole birth thing was Loki being shown his entire life and future. The Children were essentially giving him a preview of what he could expect if he goes along with whatever they want to do.

They're targeting Loki when they know he's doubtful and confused about his place in the universe. They're also targeting him when he's away from Thor.

I guess my thing is, what are they getting out of this deal? Why target Loki of all gods? They must be fairly convinced that they can either control Loki or take advantage of the chaos he creates.

Are they feeding off of the stories he creates? Are they trying to avoid whatever bad future Loki has?

Eternity usually only approaches others (usually Dr Strange) when the universe is in peril, (or he is, but it's kind of the same thing) he's not a shady type. But his children, especially if these are ones we have not seen before, are kind of up in the air, it's a bit hard to say what they want, we will just have to wait and see, we have nothing to do on yet. But it does feel somewhat shady.

In City news, looks like I got noticed and got put in a post of cool tribute costumes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Save...8034935336765/ Slightly old pic, I changed to a different, longer, coat recently, but still cool to get noticed, especially since some of the other costumes are REALLY good.

I mean the City costume creator is the gold standard of game costume creators, old low rez textures and models aside, just because it's old, no one has ever topped it. But you still have to get creative to fake what you're going for, and not everything will be completely possible, sometimes you have to settle for 'close enough' like Loki's teeny tiny horns, or no fur collar. But some of these got damn close. Besides those I have seen well, I showed you all Jane Thor before, and the Asgard family, and Freyja before that, *flips through screen shots* and pretty much all the doctors, Dr Voodoo, Dr Strange, Dr Fate, Dr Manhattan, Dr Who, Dr Doom, (one classic, one Infamous) a few Captain Americas, Wolverine, Speed, John Wick, Aeon Flux, Satima, Elsa and Anna, Woody, Jessie and Buzz, Kim Possible, 2 Optimus Primes and one Bumblebee, a bunch of Ninja Turtles, a few Hulks, one She-Hulk, Mr T, Mr Burns, PeeWee Herman, movie Nightcrawler, Rogue, Star Lord, Jean Grey (different one than in that post, green not red costume) Radioactive Man, Ghost Rider, Stevil with Mjolnir, Iron Hammer, Blade, Flash, Swamp Thing, April Ryan, John Stewart, Shazam, Black Adam, Gladiator, Aquaman, Batman and Robin, Goitham By Gaslight Batman, a few Skeletors, and He-Men and She-Ras, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Thriller Michael Jackson, Spike (from Buffy), Storm, Carmen Sandiego, a couple Thors, "Beta Ray Bull" (neck down probably the best Thor costume I've seen) Mysterio, Kingpin, Psylocke, Stan Lee, and my friend C, A silver Quickly has like a TON, mostly Masters of the Universe related, and the Infamous Doom. And i am sure there are a ton i have not seen or forgot and never got a screenshot of.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-17-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Eternity usually only approaches others (usually Dr Strange) when the universe is in peril, (or he is, but it's kind of the same thing) he's not a shady type. But his children, especially if these are ones we have not seen before, are kind of up in the air, it's a bit hard to say what they want, we will just have to wait and see, we have nothing to do on yet. But it does feel somewhat shady.

In City news, looks like I got noticed and got put in a post of cool tribute costumes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Save...8034935336765/ Slightly old pic, I changed to a different, longer, coat recently, but still cool to get noticed, especially since some of the other costumes are REALLY good.

I mean the City costume creator is the gold standard of game costume creators, old low rez textures and models aside, just because it's old, no one has ever topped it. But you still have to get creative to fake what you're going for, and not everything will be completely possible, sometimes you have to settle for 'close enough' like Loki's teeny tiny horns, or no fur collar. But some of these got damn close. Besides those I have seen well, I showed you all Jane Thor before, and the Asgard family, and Freyja before that, *flips through screen shots* and pretty much all the doctors, Dr Voodoo, Dr Strange, Dr Fate, Dr Manhattan, Dr Who, Dr Doom, (one classic, one Infamous) a few Captain Americas, Wolverine, Speed, John Wick, Aeon Flux, Satima, Elsa and Anna, Woody, Jessie and Buzz, Kim Possible, 2 Optimus Primes and one Bumblebee, a bunch of Ninja Turtles, a few Hulks, one She-Hulk, Mr T, Mr Burns, PeeWee Herman, movie Nightcrawler, Rogue, Star Lord, Jean Grey (different one than in that post, green not red costume) Radioactive Man, Ghost Rider, Stevil with Mjolnir, Iron Hammer, Blade, Flash, Swamp Thing, April Ryan, John Stewart, Shazam, Black Adam, Gladiator, Aquaman, Batman and Robin, Goitham By Gaslight Batman, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Thriller Michael Jackson, Spike (from Buffy), Storm, Carmen Sandiego, "Beta Ray Bulll" (neck down probably the best Thor costume I've seen) and my friend C, A silver Quickly has like a TON, mostly Masters of the Universe related, and the Infamous Doom. And i am sure there are a ton i have not seen or forgot and never got a screenshot of.
    I like your Loki because he isn't totally Loki. He's the City of Heros version and it works as its own thing. You had to be creative to get him to work! And he looks lovely!

Maybe they want to use him to defeat the mystery villain who defeats the future Loki/King Thor? I don't know, I need clues! CLUES!

Perhaps theybwant to kill the current Eternity to make themselves the new ones and they hope to use Loki's own reality bending to make that happen?

The Entropy thing would definitely fit with what is happening in King Thor, but it seems like there, Loki is on the side of Entropy, so it may be that these kids are working with Entropy, though the figure we saw in the shelves definitely had more of an Eternity look to him, with his one extra bright star-eye, and the dark blue and black star motif and all. Entropy is more white. And also, if that is the case, it may be that it's Thor that's the bad guy, even if his intentions are good. It is a cycle, one that needs to happen, and if Thor is preventing the entropic end of the universe, he is in effect preventing the birth of the new universe, by clinging to something that needs to die for the cycle to complete. Entropy isn't evil, it's a force of nature, and though it should be held off for as long as possible, when the time comes it ultimately can not be stopped, and doing so kind of ends up doing more harm than good. I am not sure if all this with Loki and King Thor will head into such heady cosmic places, but it's sure looking like it might.

In any case, I don't think they are approaching Loki for any sort of power he holds, (I do not think he actually has any reality bending powers, at least not without a lot of prep time like we saw in JiM. the end of Agent of Asgard was a special circumstance, and I really don't think he can tap into that sort of thing most of the time. and in any case if they need a reality warper there are MUCH better candidates, from Franklin Richards to Wiccan) any power they have will dwarf his own, and and from the sounds of it they will be granting him power to accomplish whatever it is they want. They probably just need a body to fill the job, and it's probably more his mind they are after, seeing something in him, his current circumstances, his recent actions, that would make him a good wielder of the power they want to give him. Whether this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-17-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I can ser that with King Thor, especially given we're going with the theory that Thor is the new Odin. It sounds like something Odin would do, especially if this takes place after King Thor's fight with Necrogod Loki. King Thor may think that he has the time to do this and Loki will know thay that won't work.

And you're right, Loki's reality warping isn't the strongest, but that explains why these kids would be interested in him. He's got the right amount of power and character for it to work. And he can't exactly overpower them.