Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1365
  1. #1141
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Nice fanarts of Loki in his "Low Key" shirt. I'm loving all the fanart that is coming out of recently. Heh, nice boots

    I wouldn't say it's easier for him to slide back into villainy but it's easier for others to take advantage of what happened, like Nightmare is doing. Nightmare is probably feeding off Loki's one biggest trauma and two biggest fears at the same time which are being eaten by Laufey which we know reading between the lines has effected him quite badly and he fears turning back into his villainous self that he is always destined for that. I don't think the promise of a happy ending stopped any of those fears and the other fear of everyone finding out what he did to Kid-Loki.

    In a way this might be the most vulnerable we have actually seen Loki.

  2. #1142
    Amazing Member Karabaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I'm still annoyed by the fact that kidLoki is supposed to be a whole different person than "our" Loki.
    He came into existence when Thor decided to bring Loki back. Not some random kid who acts and looks like him, or a physical clone with a brand new soul, but his actual brother, his soul. I can only see it as a split personality case, with them two merging again into a complete person, healing actually, when Ikol supposedly killed kidLoki.

  3. #1143
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,676

    Default

    nah he murked that lil' homie
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

  4. #1144
    Amazing Member Regular man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    55

    Default

    the tragic story of kid loki is Thor's fault and his inability to get his hands where he shouldn't. I personally see Thor as a more selfish person than Loki. that is, how Thor is unable to understand how much Loki suffers and is traumatized by what happened to him in the war of the realms, and then to tell him that he must be satisfied with being remembered "Thor's brother", this shows that he has not learned nothing from the past and the reason why Loki behaved "bad" to get out of the shadows created by Thor

  5. #1145
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karabaja View Post
    I'm still annoyed by the fact that kidLoki is supposed to be a whole different person than "our" Loki.
    He came into existence when Thor decided to bring Loki back. Not some random kid who acts and looks like him, or a physical clone with a brand new soul, but his actual brother, his soul. I can only see it as a split personality case, with them two merging again into a complete person, healing actually, when Ikol supposedly killed kidLoki.
    I always believed Loki killing kid-Loki was more in a metaphorical sense than a literal sense. In a way I feel they did merge because current Loki does seem to have some mannerisms of Kid-Loki, mixed in with some of the less desirable mannerisms of his old self and the of course his new self.

    In a way all Loki's are treated different from each other. This Loki is actually different from old Loki, the one who died in Siege. Kid-Loki is treated as different from Siege and Current Loki. Yet, current Loki is basically the manifestation of all three.

    That's how I see it anyway.

  6. #1146
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    So Kibblesmith hinted that maybe we should look at the Pinterest for more hints, (and the playlist, but haven't gotten around to looking at that for new additions yet) and looks like we have a couple new additions, with David Bowie: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/223420831501512909/ and an old Thor cover: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/223420831501512888/ I presume the Bowie pic is sort of a style reference, hard to say how exactly that will be used, and my best guess about the cover is that Kibblesmith wants a homage cover. And given that the cover is a pic of Thor with Mjolnir prominently on display, and the text "in my hand, this hammer!" ... this may be a sign that Loki will get Mjolnir soonish. Or it might be another flash forward to the future. Maybe issue 8 or so? though if it's for a cover, which are done earlier so they can be used in solicits, could be sooner like issue 7, maybe even 6 though that would bee pushing it since those are due tomorrowish. Also Absorbing Man is on that cover which may be relevant considering Loki's role in his origin.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    Nice fanarts of Loki in his "Low Key" shirt. I'm loving all the fanart that is coming out of recently. Heh, nice boots

    I wouldn't say it's easier for him to slide back into villainy but it's easier for others to take advantage of what happened, like Nightmare is doing. Nightmare is probably feeding off Loki's one biggest trauma and two biggest fears at the same time which are being eaten by Laufey which we know reading between the lines has effected him quite badly and he fears turning back into his villainous self that he is always destined for that. I don't think the promise of a happy ending stopped any of those fears and the other fear of everyone finding out what he did to Kid-Loki.

    In a way this might be the most vulnerable we have actually seen Loki.
    Yeah, I don't see Loki actually backsliding here, but I do think it is a fear of his that Nightmare is using, and others can also use against him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karabaja View Post
    I'm still annoyed by the fact that kidLoki is supposed to be a whole different person than "our" Loki.
    He came into existence when Thor decided to bring Loki back. Not some random kid who acts and looks like him, or a physical clone with a brand new soul, but his actual brother, his soul. I can only see it as a split personality case, with them two merging again into a complete person, healing actually, when Ikol supposedly killed kidLoki.
    He's Loki, but reset back to childhood and so since he lacked experiencing most of the things that led to Loki becoming who he is today, he became a different person from that point forward. He would not have grown into the same person present day Loki did, he would have been, if he had been allowed to continue living, become a different person, because it is in a large part our experiences who make us who we are, and his experiences would have been different. By killing him, Loki killed the potential to see what he would have become with different circumstances. I do consider him different because of the differing experiences, they are only the same person in that they both share the same starting point, but people are more than just their starting point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    the tragic story of kid loki is Thor's fault and his inability to get his hands where he shouldn't. I personally see Thor as a more selfish person than Loki. that is, how Thor is unable to understand how much Loki suffers and is traumatized by what happened to him in the war of the realms, and then to tell him that he must be satisfied with being remembered "Thor's brother", this shows that he has not learned nothing from the past and the reason why Loki behaved "bad" to get out of the shadows created by Thor
    I wouldn't say Thor is selfish, that implies ill intent, which I really don't think he has. But he is oblivious to how Loki feels, I think his own experiences have made it so it's hard for him to understand why Loki would be so dissatisfied with his' happily ever after' and being remembered as his brother.

  7. #1147
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,004

    Default

    So for those reading X-Men, I don't know, but it reminded me of Loki's own flawed method of resurrection.

  8. #1148
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    i mean reincarnation is hardly unique to Loki, so... retaining memories is a bit more unusual, and to be fair, Loki did not retain his memories, hence Ikol, but you do still have people who (supposedly) have memories of past lives, and whether it's real or not, the idea is there. The time travel aspect is the real twist with the X-Men, which is something Loki didn't do in his past reincarnation. (note, I have not read the most recent issue, if something new was revealed)
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2019 at 12:12 PM.

  9. #1149
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    i mean reincarnation is hardly unique to Loki, so... retaining memories is a bit more unusual, and to be fair, Loki did not retain his memories, hence Ikol, but you do still have people who (supposedly) have memories of past lives, and whether it's real or not, the idea is there. The time travel aspect is the real twist with the X-Men, which is something Loki didn't do in his past reincarnation. (note, I have not read the most recent issue, if something new was revealed)
    Raye, go get you yourself a copy and a tin foil hat because it is wild.

  10. #1150
    Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Umm...I just saw December solicits at Bleeding Cool. Disappointed
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

  11. #1151
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Umm...I just saw December solicits at Bleeding Cool. Disappointed
    How come? Did they release the Solicits? I thought they were going to be released tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-18-2019 at 02:41 PM.

  12. #1152
    Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Idk, I wasn't expecting it, just happened to go to Bleeding Cool and saw they had the full listing for December.

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ions-incoming/
    Last edited by Prof. Aegis; 09-18-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

  13. #1153
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Idk, I wasn't expecting it, just happened to go to Bleeding Cool and saw they had the full listing for December.
    Before I go look, why were you disappointed?

  14. #1154
    Amazing Member Regular man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    55

    Default

    B36A5F34-E4B4-490B-8910-140EED813143.jpg
    guys vote now, you already know what to do

  15. #1155
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Idk, I wasn't expecting it, just happened to go to Bleeding Cool and saw they had the full listing for December.

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ions-incoming/
    Oh I see, it looks like there is no Loki #6 solicit for December.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-18-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •