Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Okay, read both WotR and Thor. Feelings a bit mixed, there is part I am confused about, but generally liked it, despite a fairly gruesome ending in Thor.

I won't get into WotR much here because it didn't have a whole lot to do with Loki, but Freyja remains saddened by his death, it seems. Even Odin seemed to want some vengeance. Beyond that he wasn't mentioned much.

Thor tho was cover to cover Loki. Basically it was A Christmas Carol, with Loki as Scrooge. (trivia about me - my cat is named Marley, after the character in that story) Sort of. Saw the past, in the preview there, and yup, Loki is horrified that he created Malekith, tried to stop it but, you know, ghost.... Again, sort of. Present was represented by Kid Loki, because, he said, it was the present that was supposed to be. He taunted Loki about his failures in the present, and Loki comments about fate, and how he can't seem to escape it no matter how hard he tries, even now that the Norns are gone. And the future, Necrosword Loki at the end of time. Which Loki is again horrified by. He decides he has to die to prevent that. But, it is not actually the afterlife, it's all in his head, he's still alive! But... Remember a few pages back where I said I thought him living through that would be worse than death? I think I was right. He is in VERY rough shape. I am not sure how someone, even a sorcerer god, can live though that. Overall he seems to feel very trapped and like he has failed, and... He thinks he and everyone else would be better off with him dead. He appears to have not sacrificed himself in some grand scheme, so much as he committed suicide. Or tried to. Which is just sad to think about.

Here is what has me confused. So, on the one hand, him still being alive does simplify the whole "resurrection" bit, since it sidesteps the whole reincarnation thing, he 'just' has to pull himself together, literally and figuratively, and kill Laufey from the inside, I guess. (I mean, not many other ways to get out of there. He could teleport I guess, but... Killing from the inside would be more satisfying. which could make the whole being eaten by Laufey sort of symbolic of his situation with trying to take down Malekith from the inside. Also, though I dunno how this would work exactly since typically Mjolnir will only come to someone who is its current wielder, i want Mjolnir to fly to him while he is inside Laufey, and have him explode in a fountain of lightning fueled gore. And then Loki walks out of it to everyone's shock. ) But if this is all happening in his head, how did he see the future? One we have seen, through the King Thor issues, is correct, not just him imagining his worst fears? How did he see things in the past he would have been unaware of the first time he lived through them? I suppose it is possible that is what he saw in Infinity Wars, but then why would he be reacting like he is seeing it for the first time here? Also, the question that was raised earlier which suggested more complex shenanigans comes up again, because why would he sacrifice himself like he did, if he really didn't have a plan to bring himself back? Either something weird is going on there, and there is still more to be revealed, or as I said above, it was a suicide.

I really want him to have some grand plan here, I want him to have some moment in the finale where he reveals everything he's done, or at least a good chunk of it, actually worked out for the best despite what it appeared. But it's looking like that may not be the case, which is disappointing. But on the other hand, he may have a real surge of character growth when confronted with how his usual methods failed. But on the other hand, the issue failed to mention the times where he actually did good, which was also frustrating. What he accomplished in Hel with Thor, fixing magic was huge, and saved lives in WotR once the witches were taken out, Strange would not have been able to do what he did if Loki had not fixed magic, what he did in Infinity Wars... It was frustrating to not see these mentioned. Though maybe that comes next issue, where he realizes he has done some good, and that he has to fight, even when it seems hopeless.... Oh. That's why he's worthy I bet. Or will be.

But then, we do have the new Loki series which gives a lot of hope here. We know he lives, and the situation he is in, he has to choose to live, so he ought to get over his funk. He gets Mjolnir, so he is maybe a good guy for reals, not anti hero with some seriously questionable methods, at the very least we know he hasn't surrendered to the fate he seems so hopeless about and gone evil again. The bit about fate in the Kid Loki sequence would have had me worried they were just going to have him fail and just give in to his darker nature because fate won't let him do anything else, without the new solo announcement.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-17-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Having seen the last few panels of WotR#1, I'm not surprised by the "suicide" angle. Loki did look a bit down as he was speaking with Frejya just before Laufey gobbled him up.

There's a difference between scheming his own death for a desired end goal and Loki just giving up and it looks very much like the latter and that's a heavy downturn for the character. I can't say whether I'm disappointed this is what Aaron chose for Loki or not, but I am afraid it may be brushed off when he does come back, whether it's during WotR or in his own book (I hope I'm wrong). They might frame his death more as a "sacrifice" but suicide, no matter how the victim feels in the moment, is hardly ever a sacrifice. It's often a cry for help and considering how Loki's been trying for YEARS to change his fate and for him to be confronted with the "reality" that he's doomed to be the same "evil" person despite every mischievous effort to change, it's no surprise that he lost all hope.

It is a bit confusing to me as to when he finally accepted his "fate" (that he doesn't change) when Thor#12 appears to be happening after his "death" and it also looks to be confirming the hopelessness of his quest to change so what really is the point?

As for Mjolnir, wasn't it calling out to Jane? If somehow it detours and goes to Loki, who's still inside his father...talk about a plot twist. I don't know how this will be resolved for his book if he's really worthy with no trickery involved.

Yeah, like I said, my feelings are mixed. I have spent so long hoping and looking for ways that all through this, Loki was working behind the scenes to pull off some master stroke of a backstab VS Malekith, that it is just disappointing to see that not be the case. Or, that may have been his intent, but he failed. But I can also see how this is a lot more emotional and impactful for him as a character, to have him give up, and just decide it's not worth it any more, but presumably change his mind later. And I agree that it would be very disappointing that it not be referenced in the future, if that's the case that he went to such a dark place. Because yeah, this does seem like a cry for help and looking back, it feels as though he's sad that no one is there for him, or at least that's what he thinks, so he never went to anyone with any of this. And he could get a second chance most suicides would not get to see how wrong he is about that. I do think Aaron will follow up on it though at the very least, I really don't think he would devote an issue to what Loki thinks of himself if he wasn't going to use that later. And it is very clear from this issue that Aaron did read everything that came before with Loki, he references the major beats in JIM, Young Avengers, and AOA... So it was nice to have that kinda confirmed, that he is paying attention, and respecting and working with what came before, not just ignoring it. Its just that it seems all of that may have been for nothing, here at his lowest point. But I don't want Loki to give up, like the failed faceturns discussed on the previous page did. No one likes to see someone who is trying to better themselves give up on that. I want him to fight this and show everyone he won't give up on himself, at least not permanently, so they shouldn't either.

As for when he decided this, I mean there were hints of this going back a ways, at least to the Mangog fight, but a lot of that hopelessness seemed to be more in regards to the situation rather than himself, and he did still try to turn things around even if it didn't work. I am not sure when exactly he decided he wasn't going to fight any more, maybe Thor 11.

As for Mjolnir, well, the page in question is in the preview, so you can see for yourself, it is a little vague, Jane just thinks to herself that she feels a calling that she didn't think she would feel again, it's not quite clear if she means this literally, that she can actually hear Mjolnir inside her head, or if it's more of a figurative thing, where she feels called to act in a heroic way. She then proceeds to grab one of the Asgardian flying viking ships and crashes it into Enchantress, which suggests figuratively, but it may also just be that she has no way of getting to Mjolnir inside the frikking sun. I think it seems clear though that Mjolnir has a part to play though, but I am now unsure if it spends time with Jane first, or if it decides Loki just needs it more. Because Loki really does need what it represents right now, more than I ever thought he did. I thought he just needed it as a symbol to convince others to trust him, but it appears he needs someone, or something, to believe in him, and that may end up being Mjolnir.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't mind this issue. I think Loki is depressed, he's been depressed for a long time. And for years now, his way of dealing with that was some form of suicide where he would die, go away for a bit, and then come back and try things again from a different perspective, but still as some sort of Loki.

And now something is keeping him from doing that. He can't escape Laufey, he can only suffer in his gut.

As for why Loki is seeing the future, Loki is still a creature of literature and story, so he's seeing where his story will go and why it is what it is. This actually isn't that different from what happened to teen Loki in Agent of Asgard, the difference being that, again, he can't acutely die this time.

I have been depressed before, I am depressed right now, and the worst part is that awful feeling and little voice that just tells you how awful you are, how bad everyrhing you are is, and every problem and fault you have is amplified by thay little voice.

In this way, I see Loki and Thor as having very similar stories. Aaron is giving us these two characters who have been stripped of their best weapons, who are at their lowest point, and now they need to either be rescued or find some way to save themselves.

But the previous times it was never a situation where he actually wanted to die, it was never him giving up, it was always a scheme to come back in some way, except for Kid Loki who didn't really choose to go so much as he was forced to. By himself, but still. And even there, he knew his death, though tragic, was preventing something terrible from happening, his death was accomplishing something good. That's part of why it was so hard for me to accept that there wasn't some trick or scheme behind his death. Because there always has been before. It's fucking Loki, he always has a scheme going. Or he did before, anyway. Here he just seems to want it to end, there was no grand plan to return, nothing was accomplished besides a warning that isn't really anything they could not have figured out on their own given a little thought, it's the first time where he seems to have fully given up. There is a big difference between "dying" in the ways he did before, and truly wanting it to all end. My heart breaks for him because of that. While I have never been at a point so low that I have wanted it to just end, I have known a couple people who have, who thankfully did not succeed. It's hard to imagine being that low.

On that note, the song for today's issue is Flight, by Casualties of Cool. One of my favorite songs by one of my all time favorite musicians. It is not metal this time, you guys are safe.

But yeah, both Loki and Thor are both definitely going through a low point. My hope is that they can both help each other overcome it.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-17-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Now, this may be a bit too soon to call, but I think this is probably the best single issue of Jason's run and a highlight of the franchise. Favorite parts include little sad Malekith (which fixes my problem with him and WOTR, where Jason made him interesting and broken but isn't showing it much), "Why? The game of questions," the Necrogod/All-Butcher/Final End Of All There Is And Ever Was, and that Eldred origin text that I want to see fully shown in a flashback someday (is that all-new?). Just a lot of good character stuff and continuity wank perfectly executed by Del Mundo, an actual god.

All of the stuff about Loki's fate are extra good because it has an extra meta comic book villain layer to it. But even without that, the idea that he would follow the Dark Knight quote and die a martyr than live to heel is sad but reasonable. And as much as I enjoy how gnarly he looks that stomach acid, I hope my baby is happy by July. Good job on the symbolism of him dying in his dad's stomach when he was born in his mother's, Jason.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah it was an excellent issue. The art was some of DelMundo's best, as well. I just feel bad for my boy. The more i think about it the sadder it is.

He and Thor definitely need to have fun, happy adventures together after this. Poor babies.

Eldred appears to be sort of an already existing part of canon. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eldred_(Earth-616) There was a sorcerer named Eldred who Loki learned magic from and killed..... but not in that way. He only was in one issue though, so i don't think it's a huge deal that Aaron created a more emotional story surrounding him.

Anyone else find it sad, how in Young Avengers Loki stopped Wiccan from killing himself for kinda similar reasons, and he didn't listen to his own advice?

Thinking on it, I have another song tor today's issue:

This one IS metal, so if you don't like it heavy, stick with Flight. Interesting bit of backstory on this. It is from an album called Crack the Skye, which was written in memory of their drummer Brann Dailor's sister Skye, who committed suicide when she was fourteen. The band is celebrating the anniversary of the album's release this month and is releasing some documentaries about it on Youtube, they are heartbreaking.

Heh. and literally minutes after I type that about Crack the Skye, Amon Amarth releases a new song called Crack the Sky... about Thor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cLFdIzMhn8
    Last edited by Raye; 04-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.

...Sorry to be the dissenting opinion, but I gotta say, this does feel rather retread-y to me at least. Loki in a weird dream sequence-y thing with a past and kid Loki, thinking self destruction would be a better choice then some 'inevitable' evil future... if only he had the magic phone from the time in the place for someone to talk some sense into him :P. To be fair though, I guess even the AOA version acknowledged it was kind of repeating a pattern set up by JIM. Just, I think that the build up and answer to the version of this situation in AOA were so strong I'm... underwhelmed now? Guess we're still waiting on the answer here though.

I am still enjoying Infinity Watch though. I can definitely see where people's problems with the voice come from, it's basically as grumpy and misanthropic a take you can stretch Loki to... But I do appreciate that, while very much his own agent for his own ends, he still is generally helpful along the way. (That's kind of what I was hoping his post AOA direction would be...)

I think it's different because, as i said above, this one has a different motivation behind it. It's way sadder because he doesn't want to come back, unlike in AoA, where he never really intended to stay dead, if it could even be considered a real death, since he always intended it to be temporary, even if he did *briefly* consider giving up on trying to be better. It was mostly just him being dramatic when he tried to redefine himself. (without success) Basically, it's not what happened that's sad here, (though it is) it's why. AoA giving up was an option, but he never fell to it, and then things went so badly for him that now he thinks he made the wrong decision, even if it is only temporarily. And I think Kid Loki will always be a recurring motif with him as long as he's on this redemption path. It's one of the things he feels most guilty about, so if he's going through something that triggers guilt, well, it just makes sense. Also, thought it may be a bit repetitive to us, remember that issue was years ago, and Loki's book sold way fewer copies even then. It needs to be re-capped for the people new to the story.

Infinity Watch was better, and i liked having Bats there (even though he didn't actually contribute a lot.... and mor angry with Loki than i would have expected. yeah Loki is indirectly responsible for his death, but he's also responsible for bringing him back as a ghost.) but yeah, this Loki is just missing that vulnerable side that he got over the past several years. I like the snark he has under Aaron, but he balances it out with, well, look up above.

Anyway, I was right about the first part of my speculation https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=66249413 but it sounds there like she does not die, so wrong about that, the Valkyrie thing may be unrelated, it may be that she takes up the position before Mjolnir comes back, thus making her kinda unavailable to wield it, and so it goes to Loki instead because he is in rather dire need of some help and, I presume, has an epiphany in a little while that makes him worthy.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-17-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr4conianlaw View Post
    ...Sorry to be the dissenting opinion, but I gotta say, this does feel rather retread-y to me at least. Loki in a weird dream sequence-y thing with a past and kid Loki, thinking self destruction would be a better choice then some 'inevitable' evil future... if only he had the magic phone from the time in the place for someone to talk some sense into him :P. To be fair though, I guess even the AOA version acknowledged it was kind of repeating a pattern set up by JIM. Just, I think that the build up and answer to the version of this situation in AOA were so strong I'm... underwhelmed now? Guess we're still waiting on the answer here though.

I am still enjoying Infinity Watch though. I can definitely see where people's problems with the voice come from, it's basically as grumpy and misanthropic a take you can stretch Loki to... But I do appreciate that, while very much his own agent for his own ends, he still is generally helpful along the way. (That's kind of what I was hoping his post AOA direction would be...)
    My theory is that this is sort of a normal part of Loki's reincarnation process. It's just being interrupted here because he can't die. The process can't finish either because Loki's confidence is shot or there's just something about being stuck in Laufey's stomach that's keeping things from working.

But I think this is why I'm happy we appear to be sticking with the same Loki. Him just deciding to kill himself off when things get hard is too easy. Plus I pity the artists who have to keep coming up with new Loki designs when this one is working perfectly.

I love that Freya and Odin are obviously upset that Loki has been killed. Yes, the Odinson family has their issues, but none of them would want him to die like that. And dear God, Laufey is still walking around covered in Loki's blood and gore...

I'm wondering how Loki is going to be saved or if he will save himself. Honestly, it feels sort of cheap if the hammer just flies through and saves the day. Of course, it might look really cool and awesome, but it seems like we're going to need to see more of Loki and I don't even want to think about what he'll look like when we see him next.

I really enjoyed Infinity Watch. It's so stupid and pointless, but Duggan is just clearly having a lot of fun with it and I like that.

I don't really interpret every time he's reset himself as a real death, especially the ones in AoA and YA, to be honest. They just really did not read as deaths to me, even at the time. Especially after Aaron has kiiiiiiinda walked back the more extreme changes to Loki's character and the memory wipe after that last one. Turned out he didn't actually change much, pretty much just had a bit of temporary mania there, and then went back to normal. Bit of a retcon, but I prefer him this way, I think Ewing went too far in the last few issues there, personally. And in hindsight I see why he did it, (this issue would not have worked if he had succeeded at redefining himself for a start, his relationship with Laufey would have been meaningless to him, his relationship with Thor would be in a really weird place... ) and think it was a fair choice, considering the God of Stories thing had only lasted a couple issues, so I am ok with it. The ones I count are the one leading into JMS' run, Siege, Kid Loki, and, well, I'd count this, if he does actually die, but it appears he may survive, even if he has some serious putting back together to do, physically. That's about it. So even if i recognize there is a theme of change with his resurrections, I dunno if i'd call it a real common thing. But you're making it seem like he does this every time things get a bit rough, and that's just not the case, and it would be kind of a weak character trait if he did, as you point out. He should want to hang on to life as hard as he can, and make the best of what he has instead of constant resets. Change is a slow process that takes time and effort, it's something you have to work at, not something he can just magic himself into doing, by declaring a new role for himself, and I think he has to learn that. Yeah, i was upset when it did first come out that he had lost his win from the end of Agent of Asgard.... but i get it now. And I mean, he has changed, it's just not as easy as I think he'd like. And if he does end up worthy, (which I think actually makes a lot of story sense, no matter what the doubters say) I don't think it will be like saying 'he's perfect now' if he has no character growth to do, there's not a lot to do with him. (which is why i think Thor needed to lose it for a while there) I think it's probably more that Mjolnir sees potential and need.

There may be something interfering with his staying alive, somehow, it does seem like he *should* be dead. He may have magicked some protection on to himself, but if his intention was to die, why would he do that? Who else would do that to him, either? I suspect it may just be his subconscious desperately holding on. We saw all his doubts and fears this issue, but there is more to him than that, there has to be some determination and hope in him to have even allowed him to make it this far. But the lack of fate may also be doing it. I said before that with no fate to write the future of his reincarnated self, it may screw up the reincarnation process. I though before it would just mess with the new body, but it may just prevent him dying at all, until fate is back.

and yeah, it may be a bit cheap if the hammer just flies in out of the blue. It may be that Thor sends it to him, whether intentionally or not (i mean, not like anyone knows he's alive in there, let alone Thor who doesn't even know he's been eaten at the moment. Though presumably Freyja will tell him. but it is entirely possible he chucks Mjolnir at Laufey just because it's Laufey, or to avenge his brother) so he's still getting rescued, but it will be more meaningful to him because it comes from Thor, an could help explain why Thor is cool with him having the hammer for a while. Thor is worthy, since there's no rule that only one person can be worthy at a time, just hammerless, because he's helping out his brother, it's sweet.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-17-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Solicits out, https://www.newsarama.com/44826-marv...citations.html we already know about Loki's solo, all the solicit text and cover same as before, but we learn he gets a Rafael Alberquerque variant cover, I love his art, been a fan ever since American Vampire, shame it wasn't included in the solicit:

LOKI #1
    DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W) • Oscar Bazaldua (A) • Cover by OZGUR YILDIRIM
    Variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY WILL SLINEY
    VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HERO! ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!
    After dying a grisly death in THE WAR OF THE REALMS, Loki learned a valuable lesson in warmongering: Don’t get caught. But now he has a whole new set of responsibilities — and his brother Thor is not about to let him walk away from them this time. Late Show and BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL writer Daniel Kibblesmith takes the god of mischief in a thrilling new direction!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

and he is shown and mentioned on the WotR: Omega one-shot, which seems to just be introducing the new spinoffs:

WAR OF THE REALMS OMEGA #1
    JASON AARON, AL EWING, GERRY DUGGAN & DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W)
    JUAN FERREYRA AND MORE (A) • Cover by PHIL NOTO
    VARIANT A COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT B COVER BY TBA
    THE WAR IS OVER – AND THE MARVEL UNIVERSE MUST PICK UP THE PIECES!
    Midgard is broken, and as heroes of Asgard and Earth alike start to sift through the pieces, new heroes — and villains — emerge. What’s next for Jane Foster, now free of the hammer she was willing to die to hold? Thor’s brother Loki faced a terrible fate in the War of the Realms — and now the god of mischief must make himself anew. For the Punisher, the war isn’t even close to finished — but this time, he’s got his own army. And for Thor himself, destiny has finally arrived. The God of Thunder strikes out for a whole new adventure!
    40 PGS./one-shot/Rated T+ …$4.99

A couple things of note there. So Loki, Jane, and Punisher get shards because they get new books spinning out of WotR, and of course Thor has his book. so why is Malekith there? I know the war was his doing, so in a way he is the catalyst for these new books, but in that case i'd expect him to be like, looming in the background or something, not in his own shard alongside the stars of 3 new books. The cover seems to be speaking to the future, so huh. The bastard may actually live. Wondering about the ominous 'new villains' bit too. Can't be talking about Malekith or Loki, they're old villains, and it seems pretty clear to me that Loki's still doing his face turn thing. So does someone turn heel? New characters introduced? hm. About Thor though, i had assumed he may be losing an eye so it lined up with King Thor, but apparently not, his eyes seem fine. He does have the Destroyer arm, but we already knew that from some WotR covers. The hammer in his hand is not Mjolnir, but Loki isn't holding it on that cover either. I was hoping the Thor cover might clear that up, (since some people think the Mjolnir on Loki's cover isn't meant to reflect actual events in the book) but it only shows a Carnage variant, and the solicit text for it is super vague, so that's no help. But that Thor is holding one of his golden hammers on this does help suggest the Loki cover is depicting actual events, it's just that the Thor cover would have been a lot more definitive. I also just can't see why they'd be that misleading with a #1 cover, even if it is the god of lies' book. #1 covers are a snapshot of what you can expect in a book, even if it's very vague, being deceptive that early runs the risk of turning people off should they pick up a book expecting one thing and getting another. #1 covers need to reflect the contents so they help attract the right audience.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-18-2019 at 12:03 PM.

I'm very interested in the destinies of these other Thor characters like Jane, Mally, Baby, and...

...Frank.

but tbh i'd buy a malekith mini or something deadass
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

the Frank book I think could be a lot of fun, but it does seem random, yeah, but mowing down baddies in the 10 realms with guns could be fun. Duggan seems determined to play in the Asgard corner of the universe lately. And I'd be cool with a villain book about Malekith, (though if it happens, i guess not until August at the earliest) I think Aaron has done a great job of fleshing him out as a villain. I am just surprised he might somehow manage to live through the finale of the war of the realms, i always just kind of took it for granted he'd die a messy death (geez, i seem to want a lot of gore from WotR... guess i am getting my wish tho, but not from he characters i was hoping) for what he's done. But if they face-turn Loki, Malekith would be a great villain to fill the hole left behind.

*edit - oh yeah! and swimsuit special is back! ok, 'summer special' but you know it's actually the swimsuit special. I hope Loki is in it.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-18-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

There may be something interfering with his staying alive, somehow, it does seem like he *should* be dead. He may have magicked some protection on to himself, but if his intention was to die, why would he do that? Who else would do that to him, either? I suspect it may just be his subconscious desperately holding on. We saw all his doubts and fears this issue, but there is more to him than that, there has to be some determination and hope in him to have even allowed him to make it this far. But the lack of fate may also be doing it. I said before that with no fate to write the future of his reincarnated self, it may screw up the reincarnation process. I though before it would just mess with the new body, but it may just prevent him dying at all, until fate is back.
    I'm an idiot. The answer was right there in the books. Loki... died bravely. He died with honor. Ignoring the reincarnation stuff for a moment, we are assuming that's part of things, but Aaron may be ignoring it. so if he is.... where do the honored dead go when they die? Valhalla. But whoops, the Valhalla shuttle bus is out of order. Which implies there may be other mortally wounded clinging to life but unable to move on, their souls still linked to their corpses. their bodies technically dead, this isn't true immortality, but their souls can't move to their designated resting place without the Valkyries, so they're stuck in between. Yes, Loki was eaten before the Valkyries went down, but he may have still been alive until they fell, or they were too busy with the fight to shuttle the dead, figuring they would get to it later. Brunnhilde flat out said "Hope you ladies weren't expecting a ride to Valhalla this day, for we Valkyries are here to fight, not ferry!" No one who died defending Midgard is going to Valhalla, until Jane takes up the mantle.

... and if the bodies of dead gods go to the Naglfar Armada when they die, while their souls go to whichever afterlife they are destined for, then... it may be that when Angela or whoever sounds that horn, some will still have their souls.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-18-2019 at 11:28 PM.