Page 75 of 106 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1583

#2 is at 23k and if it stays there + the good top 20-ish digital sales + trade sprinkles we can get those sweet 15-18 issues into our grubby hands
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ok, so yeah the DC cardstock variants did throw me off. Hopefully yeah. Though it's not very realistic to expect it to just stay there, books almost never do, but that plus digital and/or trade sales can keep it afloat for a while. We also have the second printings for issues 1 and 2 to take into account, which will, in theory, keep the drop for issue 3 a bit smaller. looks like the second printing of #1 sold 900 issues, but keep in mind that it did also have the extra issues, so the second printing of 2 may sell more.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html

also, wow, Aero saw a much bigger drop i just noticed, it's #1 debuted way high, with 71k, but it's #2 is down to 16k. that one IS dead in the water, despite the high first issue sales. (for American markets at least, I think it's more aimed at Asian markets) Also, says there that Valkyrie outselling Thor and having a huge gap over Loki's second issue is because it was overshipped. so that's interesting, Marvel seems invested in the Asgard spinoffs doing well. But Punisher Kill Krew... not so hot for a #1, but it's a mini, which generally don't do as well, but at least it's guaranteed to finish it's story.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-16-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Spectacular Member

Does digital sales ever get shown? I can see Loki doing better in the digital market although 23,000 is not bad, it's sustainable. I think we can at least get 17 issues here which is not bad.

That's interesting about Valkyrie. I wonder how well it really did then, without the over shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    Does digital sales ever get shown? I can see Loki doing better in the digital market although 23,000 is not bad, it's sustainable. I think we can at least get 17 issues here which is not bad.

That's interesting about Valkyrie. I wonder how well it really did then, without the over shipment.
    they have a bestsellers list where #3 is in 18th place

https://comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

But yeah, we don't get actual numbers for digital. to be fair, we don't get numbers for print either, we get an index number, indicating how well a book sold relative to Batman. People then extrapolate from that to create estimates of how well the books sell. They are from what the publishers say inaccurate, but it's all we have, and they can still be useful for tracking trends. There is no reason for Marvel or comixology to release sales numbers, we only get the print charts because it helps the retailers with placing their orders.

And looks like Valkyrie got the same 50% overship that Loki got, so it's around 28-29k. still better than Loki, but not by a landslide, and no longer outselling Thor.

Spectacular Member

Isn't it around about 22,000 if it's a 50% over ship? I'm not really sure how it works to be honest.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-16-2019 at 09:54 AM.

22 would be half of 44k, so that would be a 100% overship, doubling the copies shipped.

Also, I see now that we have another book bucking the trend and gaining readers, with Captain Marvel. We can hope that this is becoming a bit more common, and Loki (and Valkyrie for that matter) follows suit.

Spectacular Member

That makes more sense. Hopefully! I mean I think Loki and Valkyrie can sustain themselves for a while but I would a really long run for both. I just think there are so many stories to tell, espeically with Loki.

By the way I was re-reading WOTR omega and I noticed the axe that Loki was holding. I wonder if that is the same axe that he told the two frost giants to cut itself in half? Although I'm sure Loki just said that to get rid of them, knowing it was an impossible task for them to do. I also wonder who the "she" is that Loki was talking about. It's also interesting how he said he was going to be able to lift Mjolnir any day now. I'm interested to know how Thor and the other Asgardians will view that.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-16-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

That art looks so good. Loki looks so good here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    That makes more sense. Hopefully! I mean I think Loki and Valkyrie can sustain themselves for a while but I would a really long run for both. I just think there are so many stories to tell, espeically with Loki.

By the way I was re-reading WOTR omega and I noticed the axe that Loki was holding. I wonder if that is the same axe that he told the two frost giants to cut itself in half? Although I'm sure Loki just said that to get rid of them, knowing it was an impossible task for them to do. I also wonder who the "she" is that Loki was talking about. It's also interesting how he said he was going to be able to lift Mjolnir any day now. I'm interested to know how Thor and the other Asgardians will view that.
    the axe was Jarnbjorn, Thor's axe from before he was worthy of Mjolnir, and while he was unworthy to lift it recently. Though as a side effect of it not having the same worthiness enchantment, Malekith was able to lift it during an early fight with him, and that's how Thor lost his arm, to his own axe. It's not as powerful as Mjolnir but it is enchanted to cut through Celestial armor.

Spectacular Member

How did I not remember that? I mean the axe. I remember Thor losing his arm to Malekith. But that makes a lot more sense the axe being that axe than the axe that the two frost giants were arguing over.
    I wonder how Loki came to have it. I guess we'll find out sometime in Loki, unless I missed something else.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-16-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Damn, give me that sweet fanart! We are really getting lots of milleage out of that shirt!

As for the "she" Loki was referring to, could it be Now? Is that the female one?

I confess, I have been tempted to do a pic of him in the shirt myself...

it might have been, and that's probably the most likely, but we also don't yet know who is replacing Heimdall as the Bifrost guardian, since time shenanigans are involved, it might have also been referring to his replacement. As his sister, I think Sif would be a strong contender.