Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

aw, thank you! that's very kind.

I think the biggest problem is the inability to see things from the other person's perspective. and this goes for Loki too, for that matter. Even if there are legit grievances on both sides. But they all seem to have trouble putting themselves in another person's situation, and understanding what they actually want.

also, up to 54% good boy, and 95k votes, with less than an hour left. so looks like it may miss 100k, but not by much. I have to confess that the high turnout makes me suspicious of bots or something, but to what end, I dunno.

Oh, btw. random thoughts. Though i am still waiting for official word, just, on principle. I know i have said several times in the past, all the way back to his run on Dr Strange, that Donny Cates was like my top pick to follow up on Thor, and would make a lot of sense since he clearly loves the Asgard side of things since he tries to shoehorn in some aspect of Asgard into practically everything he touches, and God Country was basically a love letter/homage to Marvel's Thor. so if that turns out to be true, I will be happy. but... if Loki's book is ending, I worry that, as i said a few pages back, his 'armor' will be gone. Last time Cates wrote Loki, he wasn't in CONTROL of Loki, he had to abide by what was being done with him elsewhere, his stint as the Sorcerer Supreme was just for an arc, and he couldn't actually make changes to him that would continue long term, since Loki wasn't his character to do that with. So i liked his Dr Strange run a lot (obviously) and how he wrote Loki, i thought it was a nice middle ground between Aaron's take and Ewing's. but... he was restricted by what was happening in Thor, as mentioned, we don't know if that's how he would have handled Loki if he had actually had control over the character. It may be that as a fan of the Asgard stuff, he will just go full on nostalgia. It's certainly possible his time with the character in Dr Strange has made him like the new version, and he tends to go crazy new places with things rather than dwell on the past, but.... still, you never know. So I am a little worried with whoever takes over, even if it is Cates, despite liking his take on the character before.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-19-2019 at 01:28 PM.