Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1583

Okay, that looks funny

Woah that cover looks amazing! There should be more drooling in action comics.
    I don't know anything about Star (or I didn't until I read about it in this thread ) but I'm curious where this is going.
    (does it look like he has a broken nose? I can't recall ever seeing him with an actually broken face/anything, which is kinda weird if you think about all those encounters with mjolnir. but that goes for all fighty characters I guess)

btw about the God of Outcasts thing:

68a2574947fed225e14669eb1c857d1b.jpg

Eh? Ehh?? They kinda match, huh?
    Last edited by Pallux; 12-19-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Yes, they are kinda similar! I think the whole 'worthyness' thing Aaron set up at the end there could apply to Loki if not now then in the not too distant future, especially with his new 'outcasts' focus. It's not quite the same motivation as Thor, but it could lead to a similar outcome. And I think the whole 'I know I'm not worthy, but I'm gonna try my best anyway' and that is why he's worthy thing could totally fit him.

and yes, that cover is hilarious, I don't even care that he apparently got beaten up.

but I had a thought. We know Loki is in at the very last issue 1 and issue 3, so likely he is in issue 2 as well. We know Titania is in at the very least issue 1, and she appeared to be working with Loki, so she's probably in issue 3 as well working with him, and Scarlet Witch is in at minimum issue 2. so there definitely seems to be a trend of ex-villains in the book, and I think with both Loki and Titania there, Aborbing Man is also likely, he's the husband of Titania and Loki gave him his powers... but here's the thought I had.... What would happen if Absorbing Man touched an Infinity Stone? O.o

*edit - also, I'd totally be down for a new team of ex-villains, maybe starting with this group, start with Loki, Scarlet Witch, Creel, and Titania maybe throw in Quicksilver cus Wanda's brother and all, and I like him, Sandman turning face again, cus reverting him in the first place was a mistake imo, (tho he might be dead? not sure) and... I dunno, that seems good to me, right there actually, but could maybe do with one more. Songbird, maybe.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-19-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Solicits are out: https://www.newsarama.com/48336-marv...citations.html

Not mentioned in the solicit for Thor, but Loki is apparently still in Star, but things not going so hot for him:

STAR #3 (OF 5)
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • JAVIER PINA (A)
    Cover by Carmen Carnero
    Variant cover by RAHZZAH
    THE FIGHT FOR THE REALITY STONE IS ON, AND WHO CONTROLS IT...CONTROLS THE WORLD!
    The universe is Star’s command...IF she can figure out how to control her powers. And the race is on - because the galaxy’s greatest hunters are hot on her trail. The Reality Stone is one of the most powerful weapons in this or any world, and currently, the only way to obtain it…is to kill the woman called Ripley Ryan.
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

tho, Strange thought Zelma had to be killed to extract that spell from her and Loki figured out a third option there, so... I'm guessing the solution will be to try and get her to turn face, considering all the ex-villains in the book, but from the looks of things that's not going so well.
    That's a great cover! Glad to know Loki's in more of this story and he's not just in as a passing character. I agree, since he had something to do with the stones previously, he may end up coming up with the solution to this problem. I'll have to check out the first issue next month.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

hah! nice. I know most of those. May I make a suggestion for the first one tho:

cus you know you want a bunch of shirtless guys playing cellos there.

I hope Loki is in Thor as well (besides just the first issue that we've seen pages for) during this Star thing, but it's at least nice to know he will be in something in the new year. and I've liked most of Kelly Thompson's stuff so I am optimistic about this.

Also, that reminds me, Ozzy released a new video today (yes, he's still going, tho as you can see from the video, he probably shouldn't be alive, if not for Sharon) and though the video is most definitely about Ozzy specifically, I think the song is very fitting for Loki, and it reminded me it is something I have to fit into the playlist, (which officially goes up to Genesis right now, the rst is just 'i have to find a place for this sometime' stuff that i come across) somewhere:

and he does have a version up without the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMAAMfHgO4Q
    Last edited by Raye; 12-19-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Hah! I actually contemplated using one of those epic-ified covers, but what I especially needed was the gradual buildup and the bom bom bom boms, and in the end I liked the effect of the original (...as much as a recording of classical can be the original) best for Drrf.

man I always wonder if they never get their hair stuck in their instruments. I play the violin and my hair constantly gets stuck on the shoulder rest.

That Ozzy song! It does fit, good find.
    I especially like Don't take care of me, be scared of me / I don't wanna be my enemy, but it's hardly the only fitting part. Bonus points for having lie stuff.
    Last edited by Pallux; 12-19-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Yeah, when actually playing it in context the quieter version may be the better fit. And I have no idea how Apocalypica manages to headbang and play at the same time, it seems to defy all reason, but they do it all the time, somehow. I kind of want to use more of their stuff, so far I've used Betrayal/Forgiveness, but with no lyrics in most of their songs (they use guest vocalists for some songs earlier on, had a singer for their last album, but seem to have gone back to pure instrumental for the upcoming one) it's sometimes a little hard to find a place for them. But they did a new one called 'En Route to Mayhem' like, a week ago, that may be a good one tho, got a sort of build up to chaos thing going on there which may be good for things kinda going to **** in Thor or someplace.

And yeah, Ozzy's demons may be different than Loki's, but results in some very similar kind of inner turmoil and self loathing, I think.

Still waiting for the new Disciples of Verity song that they teased apparently it's called "Lying to Myself" and hoping it will be just as insanely fitting as "Worthy" was, based on the name, but nothing yet, looks like.

*edit - Looking at it today, I realized the playlist was woefully short on Queen, so i added a couple of their songs to the earlier parts of the playlist. Could also use some Bowie, but i will have to think about that one a bit more. also, I did finally think of something for Now and Then, tho i think it still needs a put of pure prog wank there as well, just a matter of picking the right one.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-19-2019 at 04:20 PM.

For Bowie stuff, I always thought Heroes could work. And my favourite Bowie song is probably Rock 'n' Roll Suicide, that might work as well, with Loki's dying/reincarnation kink. And just the general emotional state that song projects. Ymmv

I actually have a Loki playlist too and when I saw you sharing your playlists on here way way way back I was like OH. You can SHARE these thing with like minded people and you won't have to be embarrassed! I will too! But then I never did bc I'm shy. And honestly I was never satisfied with it and still am not today bc I keep changing things in order to get a good end to the story. And I have a rather strict list of rules lol. Maybe I'll just get over myself and share what it is now.

I don't have those two Bowie songs on my own list bc they just don't really naturally fit in and don't follow enough of my rules to justify changing everything to make them fit. I also really wanted Queen, out of principle, (actually tried all of the songs I see you've added!) But same problem. Tho I've found some songs can potentially fit with pretty much any character I've ever made a playlist for, if I try hard enough, and Bohemian Rhapsody is one of them.

[Edit: I was just gonna say that on a hypothetical Malekith playlist I'm not making, I'd put Hell Broke Luce on there. Seeing as it's about war fucking you up. But I actually payed attention to the lyrics just now and it's way too explicitly about modern warfare ]
    Last edited by Pallux; 12-19-2019 at 11:19 PM.

I mean, I know my tastes are not going to appeal to everyone, my tastes in music are far afield of mainstream, for the most part, you're not going to find a ton of modern pop and hip hop etc. in my lists, though I am always open to making an exception, and probably lean way heavier than a lot of people in this thread like. But I still hope people get a kick out the playlists, and I'd like seeing what other people might come up with too, and I'll give em a listen when I get the time, even if it's not my fave type of music in the world, I do try to be open minded with this stuff. I mostly put hese together for my own enjoyment, it helps me kinda get out of musical ruts I may find myself in, or pay more attention to what I am listening to, with the lyrics and stuff, rather than letting it become background noise. If you like em great, if not, I mean, it's mostly for me anyway, but figure there is no harm in sharing.

I listened through it yesterday and this morning, and I think i have to make a few deletions, there were some in there that i stole from Kibblesmith's playlist, but one of them, Nightmare, isn't doing it for me when slotted in, and the more i pay attention to the lyrics, and I think the country section is too long by a song but haven't decided which to remove. Rock 'n' roll suicide is a good call! I was also thinking of going through Blackstar again seeing if anything there would fit. Heroes could definitely work, I will add that in for future use, but I think i may hold on to that one for something with Cates run (hopefully) because plural heroes, I am hoping for something with Thor and Loki working together. same with Bohemian Rhapsody, it does fit Loki, (I actually had it as one of the possibilities on the old one) but I think there has to be something there with Freyja to use it. and you know what? Ozzy's going right to the top.

Also, I had that same problem with Metallica's One, and some of Amorphis's songs. One, it's one of my faves and I thought it might work for the eaten by Laufey bit, but it's just too specifically tied to modern war, (especially with the extra dialogue in the video. it is about a WW1 soldier who lost all his limbs as well as his sight to a landmine and wants to die but can't) tho at least I got to use Enter Sandman this time cus Nightmare and used The Unforgiven last time and i may reuse that one. I might use Hardwired from their latest album, come to think of it, that one may fit. Actually.... yeah, I'm slotting that one in for the whole Gorr bit, it fits with the mutually assured destruction thing going on. And Amorphis has some great songs that are thematically right.... but they are all about Finnish mythology, so it seems weird to use them for Thor and Loki. Also as mentioned I think Loki would really dig a lot of Ghost's songs, but with their emphasis on Satan, it seems kinda weird. ( I mean, it's theatrics, modern Satanism doesn't actually believe Satan exists, it's mostly a bunch of atheists using Satan for symbolic reasons, as a figure representing rebellion against unjust authority, and because they know it will get a rise out of Christians, and depending on which version you adhere to can have some pretty positive beliefs and do a lot of charity work. But still, it's using a different mythology)

Back to comics talk and since i brought it up, I really do hope Cates has Odin and Freyja in his run, and i want Loki to interact with them, even if it doesn't go so well. I really was disappointed that wasn't shown more at the end. I wanted to see how Freyja reacted having Loki back, like, to his face.

ps. for hypothetical Malekith playlist since we can't use this for Loki any more:

edit - i cut all the 'i'm gonna find a place for this stuff someday' out and into it's own playlist to make things less confusing.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-20-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Haha I was really into that Voltaire song as a teenager I have a whole "I love being evil" section and I thought about using that one, but in the end I didn't like it as much as the other songs around it.

You're so right about the lack of interaction! I always feel like stories are at their strongest when the relationships and emotions etc are the focus even if the plot is about something much bigger. I wish we could've seen what happened between Loki getting out of Laufey and then suddenly being casually siblingy with Thor. And this family needs like 12 Dr Phil episodes' worth of sit-down-and-talk time to even start understanding eachother.
    Last edited by Pallux; 12-20-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Oh yeah, I drew some Lokis. I've SOMEHOW never drawn him before.

if you want you can pretend the 2 HPs are Loki in disguise.
    Last edited by Pallux; 12-20-2019 at 01:36 PM.

ah, cute! I like the one of Thor and Loki. I had that big fancy drawing i was working on, it got put in a folder when i moved, to keep it safe, and i kind of forgot about it, i should finish it.

and yeah, that's part of why I liked the Hel story so much, it had all the brothers interacting, even if it was fighting half the time, that's a huge part of the appeal for me with the Asgard stuff, the dysfunctional family aspect. Badass adventures against big bads and cosmic threats is fine, but I like it to be balanced by the family stuff. And just because Loki isn't setting out to destroy things any more doesn't mean his interactions with his family can't be interesting to see. And after Freyja was so distraught over Loki's death, and how they had parted right before, I mean, I wanted to see them meet again. It's probably too late to get that meeting now, unless in some kind of flashback, but we can still get something there.

ps. trimming the playlist some more, the King Thor bits was also running a bit long and was kind of overwhelming with the unrelenting darkness of it all, especially since TWO of the songs are 14 minutes long. (both by Wintersun, they like em long) I mean the story was dark, so that's fitting, but it was a bit much... I also just realized it is already longer than the last one, and Cates hasn't even begun yet lol, so it could probably use a lil pruning.

Oooh yes please, I love your art!

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I also just realized it is already longer than the last one, and Cates hasn't even begun yet lol
    lol! love the enthusiasm.

That's really cool that you have playlists for separate stories/runs. I just have a general purpose list for every character I do, which I do try and put some story in but it sure isn't as detailed as yours. Do you have all your previous playlist(s) on youtube too? I'd love to check 'em out and relive some comics
    Last edited by Pallux; 12-24-2019 at 09:02 PM.