Page 76 of 106 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1583
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I confess, I have been tempted to do a pic of him in the shirt myself...

it might have been, and that's probably the most likely, but we also don't yet know who is replacing Heimdall as the Bifrost guardian, since time shenanigans are involved, it might have also been referring to his replacement. As his sister, I think Sif would be a strong contender.
    Raye, you need to draw that picture now! Now I say!

As for his appearance in the prologue, what if the curse did create a double, a Loki who is aware of the curse and who jumps around different points of Marvel history to have a story happen? And then once they're done, they're integrated back to normal Loki with him gaining the double's memories as if they happened to him?

I might see about working up something tomorrow

And it's hard to say at this point, we know so little about hwo this will actually affect Loki beyond the heroic death in the future and extra time to tell his story. But it definitely appears some kind of time shenanigans are in play.

Nice! and he is going to be on the late show too, it might be the perfect opportunity to plug the book... Just sayin...

Spectacular Member

Yeah, this could really help promote the book.

On the curse, I agree that it's still too early to tell. I mean it could be anything really from Loki forgetting certain events, which seems to be hinted at in Loki#3 when he couldn't seem to remember that everyone already knows about what he did to Kid-Loki. Unless he was referring to something else which I think is probably unlikely. It could also be a curse in that enemies can take him by surprise as time for him is a bit fuzzy and may leave him confused. This is very much how Nightmare got a jump on him.

Extraordinary Member

I do question if the kidLoki comment was really meant to be a "secret" so much as it was Nightmare picking low hanging fruit to trip Loki up and Loki taking the bait because, well, he's out of it and it is something he thinks about a lot.

Actually, it's painfully similar to what Larfey did to him. He took over kidLoki by making him eat Ikol, but in a very real sense, Ikol ate kidLoki.

Also, anyone get a chuckle out of Necrogod Loki using black bird symbiote things to attack the Library?
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 09-16-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'm not sure since Loki does think this "Oh gods, he knows. Does everyone know what I did?" This comes right after Nightmare mentions Kid-Loki however it seems the what Loki fears most is that he's still suck in Laufey's gut.

I actually hope we get to see a bit more of how Loki was truly effected by that, not only by getting eaten by Laufey but also what he saw while trapped in there.

Well, to be fair, not 'everyone' knows, the Asgardians do, and the Young Avengers, and Mephisto figured it out (who is probably where Nightmare heard it from). i guess it's possible that he just assumed they would keep the secret, which is probably reasonable enough for the Young Avengers, but that's a pretty unrealistic expectation overall, especially when Thor was all pissed off at him, but it may just be that he thought it wasn't common knowledge, even if some people knew.

And yeah, after being disappointed about how much panel time Loki was given in terms of explaining how he got out of there, what he was thinking etc. i hope this nightmare vision fills things in a bit.

Hiddleston appearance on the Late Show, he does talk the Loki show a bit, sort of, (he apparently is sworn to secrecy about a lot of it ) even though technically he's there for Broadway stuff, but no coimc plug sadly:

Spectacular Member

Yeah, not everyone knows but I think basically everyone Loki cares about does, like the Asgardians (his family) and the YA, who were in a way his first friends who kinda accepted him, although they didn't always trust him, which is understandable. Verity knows, although god knows what has happened to her since we haven't seen her since AOA.

He's certainty traumatised over the events that transpired although he does lie to himself about it, as Nightmare suggested. I think this is the most traumatised we have possibly seen Loki, as he not only has to deal with the horror of being eaten alive by his own father nonetheless, but he also has to deal with the massive guilt of being the cause of the WOTR in the first place and the fear he will eventually become the Loki he saw in King Thor.

This also might be one of the reasons he's so restless, besides his own personality, because it is probably the case that he wants to keep constantly doing something to keep himself from thinking about these events. I think at times Loki does tend to try and brush something aside than actually deal with, espeically when it comes to his own personal demons.

I just hope it's good. TR and EG didn't do a good job with Loki's character so hopefully the show rectifies that. The trouble is, it's the Loki from 2012. I'm still excited though.

Just a random thought here but I always wondered, after seeing different variations of Thor, why every Thor I have seen their hair turns blond but Loki's doesn't.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-17-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Maybe it's more that it would make going hero all the harder if it was public knowledge. Sure, he's done a lot of bad things that are very public, but that is one of the worst, and the fewer bad things people know about, the easier it is to make the transition to being a good(ish) guy and have people accept him as such.

and yeah, he may be trying to keep hismelf distracted, or just trying to ensure the bad future he saw doesn't happen, I mean sure reading the 'happily ever after' ending to his story should give him some reassurance there, but I'd think he would want to take a more proactive approach.

As promised, here is the initial sketch of the Low Key shirt pic, I will start to make it nice this afternoon

Great job, king! I like the perspective.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I have also been inspired by everyone's artistic efforts. Let my spirit flow!

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

the shoes are so detailed, very realistic.

ok, just came across this: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...llainous-deeds

And not so much about the contents of the article, but more to do with a line up at the top: "At the beginning of LOKI #4, readers will find the God of Mischief in a pretty uncertain place, with the heroism he demonstrated during the WAR OF THE REALMS potentially twisting back towards his more usual wicked sensibilities... "

so hmmm... that's a new detail Marvel dropped there. I presume this is more of Nightmare messing with his head, but still. I'm curious to see what it means. Nightmare showing him how WotR might have went if he had been more villainous?

Incredible Member

Am I the only one who misses Kid Loki, or fis older, semi reformed self?
    The God of Stories?

I don't think yo are the only one to miss Kid Loki, but at the same time, I think his story ended the way it did for a reason, and i would not want to see him come back just for nostalgia's sake. (for real, anyway, something like Asgardians of the Galaxy is a bit different) It would spoil the end of that story and muck up the current one. I liked Kid Loki a lot, but that doesn't necessarily I want him around in the current books.

But... the current version is very similar to the Ewing's run. Almost identical, he's just been through some **** recently. So I am not sure what there is to miss. He's even gone back to his Agent of Asgard coat in the new series. I mean yeah he's being billed as a hero, and before that they kinda played with him being a villain again (though it was just an act) but it's still very much the same character, he's still on the path to being better, not actually at his goal yet. He's still that gray area character who is trying to be better and change his fate, it just ended up in some dark places during Thor, when he tried to accomplish good things, but by playing the bad guy, but the essentials were still there as long as you paid enough attention. And during Infinity Watch he was teaming up with Wolverine to protect the new wielder of the Time Stone, so.... He's still semi-reformed,maybe a bit more or less depending on the particular story, and he's moving towards fully reformed, he did just ask to join the Avengers, and I think that will actually happen. Sure, his situation is different, but the character is the same, more or less, aside from the usual writer variance and a bit of new angst and trauma added recently.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-17-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

LOL those fanarts are great! God bless you, shirt!

The guy was trapped in Laufey's stomach for how long? Days? A week or two? That's a pretty scary idea.

We all assumed that he wouldn't really be killed in WotR, but it was just the fact that Laufey actually went through with his threat and ate him that was awful. I mean, I just never thought he'd do it.

Add into that the humiliation that it was broadcast on live TV and there are probably Youtube vids of it everywhere. Actually, that would be sort of interesting to explore. It probably won't be, but it would be fun.

I really enjoyes WotR, but just the idea that Loki was alive snd being slowly digested, but not completely dying, is just stressful to think about. The whole event was pretty light on deaths, but Loki's situation makes up for it.

So, yeah, I can see it making it easier for him to slide back into villainy. Actually, thinking about it, so you have the extra story pages, seemingly to integrate events into his history. So if Loki experiences this villain episode in Nightmare's hallucination, could it possibly be integrated into his current story if he believes it happened?