Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ion-2019/page4

This is a link to the Angela thread, but it has the preview for Asgsrdians of the Galaxy. Looks like there is a plan to save Annabelle, but maybe this could be where we see Loki?
    I have doubts about that. I think the reason Annabelle is still alive, and it's Clea that came, is because her body died during Bunn's run on Defenders, and it was Clea that attached her soul to Brunnhilde's body. (it was Brunnhilde that caused her death, inadvertently, so she insisted in order to make up for it) So Brunnhilde dying doesn't necessarily mean Annabelle died, but, as she says, there is probably a narrow window of time to work with before she needs to be attached to a new body. Basically, i think this is more of a continuation of Cullen Bunn's Defenders run than it is tied to events in Asgardians of the Galaxy specifically, I think Bunn just wants to ensure that a character he created doesn't die because Brunnhilde did. Annabelle's soul needs to be attached to another body, Loki's body is in no shape for that at the moment, it needs to be a living body, which his isn't right now, so it's unlikely he's going to be involved here. It will likely either be one of her teammates right now, Angela, maybe, or it will be attached to the Destroyer armor, kinda like Alphonse in Fullmetal Alchemist. both have drawbacks and upsides. If one of her other teammates, it means she is back to sharing a body, with only one of them being in control at any one time, and as with Valkyrie, she can die as a result of them dying while having no input on the situation. The Destroyer means she can be in control at all times, and it is a very powerful body, but she would lose her humanity in a physical sense which would be hard. Also, it only has one arm, and it's unlikely to get the missing arm back now that Thor's claimed it for himself. I mean yeah, if Clea can attach souls to other bodies, it's technically possible that she could do the same for Loki, but I just don't see that happening. I don't think Loki is on Clea's radar, and i don't think she's going to go around attaching all the souls stuck on Midgard to other people's bodies.

ps. anyone else like super anxious to get the August solicits? I wanna see what we can learn from the solicits for issue 2. (and from that month's Thor solicit)
    Last edited by Raye; 05-17-2019 at 01:25 PM.