Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1583

I dunno if anyone cares, but I worked on the playlist some more. Still missing something for the House of Ideas and Children of Eternity but I put together a section for King Thor. I mean, i may have some problems with it, but it's fertile ground for some amazing music, and, yeah, that's why I had Oblivion on there, i realize now. I added a couple more country-ish songs because i remembered how great Murder By Death is.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...l6bNYuxpaJ68vx

So, When Bad Does Good thru Worthy is the last issue or two of WotR thru the end of Loki, Eternal Darkness thru Genesis is King Thor (taking a guess on the Genesis part, but pretty sure about that, but sadly may have to remove that one if i end up being wrong. and yes, some of the songs are very long in this section, that's just the way of it, i kinda didn't want to cut anything) then after that is initial guesses about the new run, and some leftovers or stuff i just hope to find a place for in the future

so basically it starts out fairly light, with an occasional heavy song, goes kinda country/blues/folky, then full on atmospheric black metal, but then lightens up again, and even goes country(ish... Devin Townsend has a side project called Casualties of Cool which he describes as 'progressive space country'). Yes, I know it's long and would take hours to get through, but i have fun with it. at least this one is more varied than the last one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    But, for both Loki and Thor, i can totally see them being made king out of the blue, and it kind of makes sense for both of them to realize it wasn't actually what they wanted. In Thor's case, it kinda comes down to the same sort of themes and motivations as his movie counterpart went down, just in a different way, where he had all these expectations that he had always been led to believe he was destined to fulfill, and while the part that involved superheroing worked out alright, since it aligned with his own wants, for the most part. But king is kind of a whole different thing, and he may find that what's expected of him and what he actually wants for himself are different things in this case, and that he may want to live for himself rather than do what everyone expects him to do.
    Thing about that is that this is actually Thor's THIRD spell as King of Asgard (hell, fourth, but the first time he palmed it off to Balder ASAP). Now, the first two ended pretty badly (Ragnarok and the whole Bor-killing thing), but it's at best strange to pretend that this is the first ever time.

yeah but that's just kinda comics for you... certain events, if they did not end up having a big impact on the character, just kinda get swept aside, (not retconned out of history, just not referenced, but they may as well have not happened) to make things more streamlined, and to keep certain stories on the table, instead of saying no to a good story because it sorta-kinda goes into the same territory as one from like 20 years ago. Referencing that would add little except allow continuity nerds to pat themselves on the back for knowing it, and being confusing to readers who hadn't read it, and would feel clunky. I don't have a problem with it, I am more interested in reading an interesting story than i am making sure all the puzzle pieces fit together perfectly, (especially since that is pretty much impossible at this point. continuity, especially the older stuff, is going to get more and more loose as time goes on due to logistics, and people are just going to have to deal with that) tho i realize the continuity people are driven absolutely nuts by it. But if it helps there is an in-continuity explanation for it from Ewing's Ultimates: https://retconpunchdotcom.files.word.../timelines.jpg But even keeping those previous times in mind, this time does seem a lot more permanent and weighty.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-23-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Loki Tom Hiddleston Today vs Avengers Time Square

https://twitter.com/realevancohen/st...63866361057280

heh, funny

Random shower thought/ramble: I really like the new God of Outcasts thing, much more than the God of Stories. Mainly because this gives him a purpose in a way that the god of Stories could not. The stories thing was kind of limited him to being used in a meta way for solo stories, which, while it can be interesting and has been used to good effect with him before, is pretty limited overall, and is super difficult to actually use in anything but solo stories. It's a similar problem that led to Gwenpool seeing a major nerf while she was on a team. Try and figure out how to work that aspect in to a Thor story where he is a secondary character and not a lot comes to mind, and i can kinda understand why Aaron kinda ignored it as a result. God of Stories sounds impressive, but doesn't give him much to actually DO on a personal level in universe, no solid goal to chase. Outcasts though gives him direction, a goal to follow, a foundation for a better moral compass, things to do, but could also provide some pitfalls if he's not careful. He's basically decided based on his own history that he's going to stick up for those who find themselves as outcasts, which is a pretty good goal, overall. This could include him defending refugees, people who are disowned by their families or communities for things like being gay, or they're a mutant, or getting pregnant, or or or.... which is all good. But.... sometimes people are cast out for good reason, as Loki himself probably knows. Or at least I hope he does. His treatment as a child, not justified, not right. His treatment as an adult after he had done some pretty shitty things? I mean, yeah, that was him being made an outcast, but for good reason. So i he going to stick up for people who were outcast for being like, pedophiles or bigots etc. too? there's some actual ground to explore there for him on a personal level, as the general role it provides gives him motivation to keep moving forward with his character development.

I'd heard about the audition but never seen it... um...yeah... they made the right casting call.

minor thing i heard not so much about Loki but kinda tangentially related... Cates went on Stegman's podcast again, the talk was mostly about the ending of Absolute Carnage, so won't go into detail here, but Thor did come up a bit, and he said that he wanted to clear up one thing. Thor is mostly it's own thing, the start of a new chapter in his Marvel stuff, so while there will be some light connecting threads to some other things he's written, Knull is NOT one of those things, or at least not right away, he just flat out said that the Black Winter has nothing whatsoever to do with Knull, that stuff is sticking to Venom for now. Just because it seemed a lot of people immediately leapt to that conclusion that Black Winter = Knull and he just wanted to put that to rest i guess. I had not really linked the Black Winter with Knull personally, but i can see how someone would, but I did know Cates likes to add connecting things between things he writes, so thought Knull might come into play somehow, especially given that his origin and the Grendel symbiote does involve Thor. But as far as Loki goes it makes me a little sad because as I said before, him facing off against the Maker would be SO perfect, so that's a bit sad we may not see that happen, or at least not for quite a while.

Astonishing Member

Marvel made the right casting choice. I LOVE Hiddleston as Loki. I became a fan because of him, I had never read comics before the first Thor movie, now I'm an avid comics Loki fan and will be long after some other actor is cast in the role.

art by Bosslogic

Astonishing Member

Wow, that's nice!

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Bosslogic

Fantastic piece of art bringing together the difference appearances of MCU Loki
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

There's a nice write up about Loki #5 and the abrupt cancellation of the series. It doesn't go into the why's of the cancellation, but just on how Kibblesmith did a great job wrapping up what he could do in such short of time while also creating such a strong story on its own. Check it out if you haven't already.

Here https://www.cbr.com/loki-beautiful-e...-cancellation/

That is a nice writeup, though still weird and disappointing how it got cancelled so quickly, it doesn't make sense, and I hope it does not mean anything bad for the character in Thor's book, if that was the reason.

Hmmm....so Loki has to show up in this series some how right? I mean it's a school of magic.

Here...https://www.cbr.com/marvel-doctor-st...school-teaser/

We'll learn more in the coming weeks.