Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Well, just th cover artist. seems to be this guy: https://www.artstation.com/ozguryildirim

Interior is one of the artists on Gambit and Rogue's book, which I hope doesn't mean it's cancelled, because it's been fun.

so, still quite stylized and cartoony, which would definitely fit for a more lighthearted book.

and if we get to see Loki (finally) being happy, I want a bit of romance in there, too. boy, girl, don't matter to me, though i would prefer someone he can team up with, just because that is always fun, so someone with powers.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-08-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, there's so much to work with here that it would be pretty disappointing if they didn't take advantage of it. All in all, it's so refreshing to get the possibility of a "happy" Loki for a bit.

And I just can't unsee the legs or the waist.
    Look like a woman's figure, at least I've seen some women with that shape (long legs and round hips).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Well, jus th cover artist. the interior artist seems to be this guy: https://www.artstation.com/ozguryildirim

so, still quite stylized and cartoony, which would definitely fit for a more lighthearted book.

and if we get to see Loki (finally) being happy, I want a bit of romance in there, too. boy, girl, don't matter to me, though i would prefer someone he can team up with, just because that is always fun, so someone with powers.
    I can dig this art. It's fun and peppy and cartoony, but he seems to have a good hold on darker subjects as well.

As for romance, I really want a guy. I know that's a longshot, but we've seen Loki with some women already and I just want a guy. As for who it could be, who do we have to pick from...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Well, jus th cover artist. the interior artist seems to be this guy: https://www.artstation.com/ozguryildirim

Anything is better than what we got in Vote Loki. I have nothing against stylised art, I just need it to be good. I love Christian Ward for instance whose art is bright, vibrant and the furthest thing of realistic but it's fantastic.

Aaaaaaaaa, it's been so long, I'm so glad. I mean, I'm still going to end up anxious until we see the actual issue, but it's so nice for our favorite deity to finally have a solo again after so long.

By the way, regarding the cover of #1: obviously, the bifrost has it's own significance, but I also want to note they're choosing to make the cover of the first issue Loki with a rainbow behind him. It's too early to say, but I want to believe it could be an indication that they're not gonna sweep the LGBT+ aspects of Loki's character under the rug...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I can dig this art. It's fun and peppy and cartoony, but he seems to have a good hold on darker subjects as well.

As for romance, I really want a guy. I know that's a longshot, but we've seen Loki with some women already and I just want a guy. As for who it could be, who do we have to pick from...
    Unfortunately where romance is concerned, I haven't thought much about it beyond his traditional mythology pairing of Sigyn. And Marvel won't ever revisit that so I've been satisfied with a single Loki.

See my above edit, i goofed. but interior artist is still good.

It's actually not a long shot from this particular writer. He seems to be very LGBTQ friendly. But if going for a known character, it does narrow the choices considerably. but I think a guy would probably be ideal. saying he's bi doesn't mean a ton unless you show him with a guy at least once.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-08-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr4conianlaw View Post
    Aaaaaaaaa, it's been so long, I'm so glad. I mean, I'm still going to end up anxious until we see the actual issue, but it's so nice for our favorite deity to finally have a solo again after so long.

By the way, regarding the cover of #1: obviously, the bifrost has it's own significance, but I also want to note they're choosing to make the cover of the first issue Loki with a rainbow behind him. It's too early to say, but I want to believe it could be an indication that they're not gonna sweep the LGBT+ aspects of Loki's character under the rug...
    I probably wouldn't rule it out but my first thought was rainbow bridge because it's synonymous with all things Asgardian. Basically we have a returned hammer and bridge associated with the last character we'd expect after the events leading up to and including WotR.

Still, I think dr4conianclaw has a point. I mean presumably they can show a restoration of all things Asgard in, you know, Thor's book. I am sure Thor will have an issue out in June or July post-WotR as well, and they can put, well, maybe not Mjolnir, it turns out, but at least the Bifrost or Asgard and Thor himself on there. so a big rainbow behind Loki could be significant for LGBTQ reasons as well.

oh. I forgot one character in my wishlist of potential teamups - Angela. We need more of Angela and Loki, see what she's thinking of him after the whole "Kid Loki" situation.

Oscar draws people pretty thicc so hopefully big booty Loki comes through.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

for anyone not reading Mr and Mrs X:

that's what the interior will (actually) look like.

tho again, hope it's not cancelled, cus it's been fun.

Extraordinary Member

Momma like! I can work with a thicc Loki, I can work with that art.

The rainbow imagery is pretty synonymous with LGBTQ stuff and given all the other stuff that could be on the cover, I'm pretty hopeful.

There's just one character I don't want to see anywhere near our sweet magpie-baby: Daken. He comes up as a potential match whenever you see gay couplings anywhere.

yeah, agreed on no Daken. He would be especially bad for Loki if he's trying to do the hero thing, as it's appearing he probably is. He doesn't need someone like Daken pulling him back to the dark side again.

Extraordinary Member

I know it's not going to happen, but I am really hoping for him to get with Prodigy. Again, I know it ain't going to happen, but it's my ship.

I'd be ok with Prodigy. I don't really ship him with anyone specific, I just think it would be nice for him. Got a tiny bit of that with Zelma, but it didn't last long.

Ok. one other detail. I noticed it before, but got caught up with talk about other things. The logo. They changed the O.... to the symbol for Jotunheim.

So what's this mean? why the emphasis on Jotunheim? I mean I know he's a frost giant, but.... does Laufey die and he becomes king of Jotunheim or something? is this part of his new 'responsibilities'? Especially weird since he's clearly in New York.

They also changed the K, it used to sweep under the I, but the font is the same otherwise.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-08-2019 at 05:25 PM.