Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Loved Squirrel Girl and Rachel's inciting the Frost Giants to rebellion against their king. Funniest scene ever. What great timing for our Loki! Can't wait.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Do we know if the preview pages we've been seeing are from the first issue or WotR: Omega? Just curious as Omega comes out next week and now I'm thinking the pages we've been seeing might be Omega previews that set up the series. Just wondering.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Extraordinary Member

I can't find any previews for Omega. Has anyone else?

Marvel is probably trying to avoid spoilers or someone is just too lazy to put them up.

I haven't seen any previews for it, or for Thor, for that matter. Pretty sure the pages we've seen are from the first issue. I think the inclusion of Nightmare feels more like first issue material, the Omega issue is probably just going to be 4-5 pages for each book to set up it's basic premise, presumably with pages of Thor tying the sections together, and try to hook some additional readers. So I'm not really expecting a ton from the Omega issue in regards to Loki.

I'm going to miss Squirrel Girl when it's gone hopefully Loki makes one final appearance in the final arc, and maybe she can come guest star in his book

Extraordinary Member

The beauty is that she could be a guest star in his book. Loki has come across a lot of characters over the past few years and while I would love to see him interact with new ones, it would be nice for some of those connections to be brought up.

I'm still trying to think of love interests. I don't think it'll be the snowman or even that little Frost Giant kid. Please don't let it be the kid.

I don't think that anyone in their right mind would give him a child for a love interest, euurgh.
    I know this is likely improbable to happen, but I would still like to see some kind of closure with Verity. It bothers me that she went from an essential part of his life to nonexistence overnight, without explanation.
    My head canon is that Loki gave the bracelet containing Verity's soul/spirit/astral form/whateveritwas to her mom.

when's otto x loki

spLOcki 4eva
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Personally, I think Verity was a great character and I was sad and disappointed on how she was phased out. While I don't think it's easy to bring in a "love" interest for Loki, I do think it can be done given the right writer and a creative touch. I do think that Verity could have been a love interest. Ewing was slowly building a trusting friendship with definite hints and blooms of caring and potential for a love interest with Verity and Loki, but with the coming of Secret Wars, everything got cut short, including that development. So who knows. It may not happen with this coming series, but I think it'll just depend on the stories. Yet with Loki, it's not something I see as being just thrown in and then off and running. It would definitely have to be a slow build and growth seeing as how Loki is quite complex and moves in many ways. I miss Verity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karabaja View Post
    I don't think that anyone in their right mind would give him a child for a love interest, euurgh.
    I know this is likely improbable to happen, but I would still like to see some kind of closure with Verity. It bothers me that she went from an essential part of his life to nonexistence overnight, without explanation.
    My head canon is that Loki gave the bracelet containing Verity's soul/spirit/astral form/whateveritwas to her mom.
    There's always the famous "age up via magic or something" thing we see in comics. Now, let us reblock those issues from our memories.

I would like Verity too, or if not her, then an established character. Those relationships seem to last longer

I think the frost giant child is kind of more symbolic of himself. It's probably a runt by the looks of it, and maybe even an orphan like he was, so he is maybe kinda going to see what his life would have been like if Odin had not adopted him, and he'd been left to make his way in his birth form and birth realm. I mean I think he already knows his life would have been comparatively poor to what he ended up with, but knowing that on an intellectual level and actually seeing it happen to someone in a similar situation are kind of different things.

I am still on the Raz Giant-Man train. I think that could work. It may also grant Loki use of some Pym Particles to allow him to grow to a size that the frost giants would actually respect, since I think it's fairly well established at this point that even if he dropped his Asgardian form and reverted to his birth form, he'd still be real short by Frost Giant standards.

With Verity, while I do agree some more closure to what happened would be appreciated, I don't want them romantically involved, I like them better as just friends.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that does appear to be what's happening in the art. Maybe the little guy's parents are giving him over to Loki because they don't want him, while it does look like Loki is trying to give him some words of encouragement.

So maybe Loki will "adopt" the kid? That should be fund and full of karma.

My mind went to so many bad places with your comment, Raye LOL

But would Loki even want to be that size? It wouldn't actually be that useful for him. He's used to his current size and he usually manages just fine. Plus, Loki still doesn't look or act much like a Frost Giant.

That being said, I love the Raz idea and want it to happen! Especially since Raz is still sort of a new hero. He doesn't have the history with Loki many other people do. He's mostly come up knowing a out the current Loki. Plus, if they do decide to play with Loki's gender, it would be rather interesting to see him react to suddenly Loki turning up as a woman and just deciding to be a woman for a week or something. I sort of want to see that happen to whoever he gets with.

It would be interesting because it's a glaring sign that even if you like Loki and he seems to like you, there are just things about him you don't know and you won't know until they happen. Things which aren't a big deal to him are a big deal for you. Or have Loki bring home a tiny dragon for their SO to deal with. Either one works.

Okay, did a little research on Raz as I didn't know much about him. And I'm not sure he would hold much interest for Loki. Now, don't get me wrong, the writer that can create the best story could create any dynamic that would work and I fully get that. I'm just going off of what little, and yes I admit very little I know of the character. He's got skills and a background in A.I. development and has been Giant-Man. But to me what would he have to offer to Loki in a way that would connect with him and be able to add to who Loki is or bring him something that intrigued him?

Verity (just using her as an example), could see through Loki's lies and she wasn't fearful (well for the most part) of him but more intrigued with who he was. Loki was curious and intrigued by her ability to see through his lies which brought a whole new level of human interaction and relationships to him. Lorelei who's been on-again, off-again through spells and they have a history so there's some familial aspects, Asgardian god aspects and former relationship connections. To me, whoever would connect with Loki would have to be able to mirror an aspect of his or bring an angle to it that would keep Loki curious and intrigued.

Oh, and I hope throughout this new series we get to see Loki shift from male to female at times. Be it for the story, his needs, or desires, or what not. We got to see some of that in AoA and I'd love to see that explored more in the new series.

I think it's just down to an x factor, honestly. Do you always need a specific reason for taking a liking to someone? I don't think every couple needs a specific hook to get them together, if we narrowed it down to only people that had some kind of strong hook, we eliminate pretty much everyone, except a new character created for that purpose. And iin that case, they'd likely end up just like Verity, forgotten as soon as Kibblesmith leaves. But they've never met before, and Raz is a relatively new character, so the writer can actually add in whatever they want in that regard. Raz does already have something a lot of others don't though, in that he did go on that mission to avenge Loki's 'death' I think that would pique loki's interest, even if Raz wasn't doing it for personal reasons. And like i said, maybe Loki just wants Pym particles to be respected by the giants (and I do think it would be advantageous for him to be that size. Yeah, Loki hasn't wanted to be in the past, but he hasn't been king of Jotunheim in the past. They are not going to respect his smarts or his magic, or anything else. They respect physical strength.) and things just go from there, like there's this human who knows more about being a giant than Loki does in many ways, even tho Loki technically IS a giant. there's room to build there.

*edit - Just to clarify: the only reason we know Loki was intrigued by Verity being able to see through lies is because it said so plainly on the page. Until that moment, we didn't know he would have reacted that way. He could have just as easily found such an ability threatening and tried to stay as far clear of her as possible. Her ability to see lies, and his reaction to that ability, and to her in general, was wholly a product of Ewing's writing. It said on the page that he liked her, and that was that. But because as a character she was created specifically for a purpose in Loki's story, as soon as that role was no longer needed from her, she vanished, because she was more of an accessory to the main character than she was created to be able to exist as her own thing apart from him. Any love interest created for him using similar methods would fall to the same fate, more than likely. I think this is why I and Rosebunse, maybe others are more keen on the idea of an existing character, because it is more likely that they will stick around after Kibblesmith leaves, since they have parts to play in the MU that don't entirely revolve around Loki. Also, i don't really see Raz being all that much different from Prodigy in a broad strokes sense, and we know Loki was interested in him, even if it was just a New Years kiss.

also, it occurred to me there could be a second reason Loki may need Pym Particles... for the kid. Rather than it being for him to use on himself, he could be trying to give the kid that same sort of appearance of normalcy in a society they would not otherwise fit into, like he had when he was growing up in Asgard with his magically created Asgardian appearance. But since they are in Jotunheim, then the appearance they have to fake would be that of a typical Frost Giant. Granted, doing it this way could create some unfomfortable context, but it all depends on how they deal with it.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-07-2019 at 01:07 AM.

https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...64180487282695

Just a tweet Kibblesmith made about Drrf, the Frost Giant kid. Nothing is really revealed, aside from the fact that he will first appear in War of the Realms Omega, rather than the first issue of Loki's book, and that he is indeed a 'baby' wee little Frost Giant. But that he's tweeting about him indicates he's probably appearing for more than just the 2 issues. Which leads me to believe that Loki may be kind of taking him under his wing, which was a strong possibility imo as soon as i saw the little dude, see above about how he's kind of a mirror of Loki's potential life if Odin hadn't taken him in, but he could have also just been in there for an issue or two and that was that.

Astonishing Member

This sounds like Loki will feature quite a bit in Omega (at least in more than just a page) if this baby frost giant is making an appearance. I like it. The more Loki the better.