Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1367
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    Oh geez, putting Odin in Jean's place there creates a very disturbing mental picture.

    One solution may be that Phoenix Wolverine time travels in a more astral projection sort of way, so he like occupies his past self's body, and that way it can actually be both of them

  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-loki-seri...ory-influence/

    We have new information on the Loki series. Not much to say, but it's an interesting concept.

    And the astral projection is a fun idea and would make way more sense than whatever we're going to get.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    Slightly disappointed because I was hoping for a JIM adaptation, so they could bring him back in the MCU going forward, but, it does sound like it could be fun.

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    More variant covers are being released for War of the Realms and Loki has not been on any of them. This could be worrying, but I am taking it as a positive, since some of them where he is missing, it shows what, I presume, based on solicits etc. is Malekith's final group of toadies. I know these covers are not story related, they're kinda just for fun, but it is consistently Malekith, Queen of Cinders, Ulik, Enchantress, Dario Agger, (though one cover, the artist apparently did not get the memo, and drew Dario and the Minotaur as separate people...) and sometimes with the addition of the Queen of the Angels and Kurse (who is technically more of a mind controlled slave, but still) Which tells me that they gave the artists a list of who is on Malekith's team, and Loki is definitely completely done with them before the event starts. Granted, Malekith ordering his assassination was a big hint in that regard, but still. I hope Loki actually accomplished something important in his time with them, that will help in the end, and was able to take a parting shot. One thing I notice is that Laufey is also absent from the 'Malekith and his toadies' covers, though he is on that one cover of Thor. And one solicit says they have to take out Ymir, rather than Laufey, so it may be that taking out Laufey is his parting gift, but it apparently does not stop the frost giants if he does.

    Still though, I'd like Loki to appear on a variant cover in some capacity. there are so many of them, and he hasn't appeared once, unless i missed one somewhere.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-16-2019 at 12:40 PM.

  5. #65
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    More variant covers are being released for War of the Realms and Loki has not been on any of them. This could be worrying, but I am taking it as a positive, since some of them where he is missing, it shows what, I presume, based on solicits etc. is Malekith's final group of toadies. I know these covers are not story related, they're kinda just for fun, but it is consistently Malekith, Queen of Cinders, Ulik, Enchantress, Dario Agger, (though one cover, the artist apparently did not get the memo, and drew Dario and the Minotaur as separate people...) and sometimes with the addition of the Queen of the Angels and Kurse (who is technically more of a mind controlled slave, but still) Which tells me that they gave the artists a list of who is on Malekith's team, and Loki is definitely completely done with them before the event starts. Granted, Malekith ordering his assassination was a big hint in that regard, but still. I hope Loki actually accomplished something important in his time with them, that will help in the end, and was able to take a parting shot. One thing I notice is that Laufey is also absent from the 'Malekith and his toadies' covers, though he is on that one cover of Thor. And one solicit says they have to take out Ymir, rather than Laufey, so it may be that taking out Laufey is his parting gift, but it apparently does not stop the frost giants if he does.

    Still though, I'd like Loki to appear on a variant cover in some capacity. there are so many of them, and he hasn't appeared once, unless i missed one somewhere.
    Thor and Odin aren't on that many either. I don't think Loki is dead or out of this event, but I do think it means that he's either been in hiding or compromised in some way.

    That Thor issue may involve Loki killing Laufey, which wouldn't be a mad move, but where would Loki go from there and would he have a chance of doing anything else?

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    I think it is more that they don't want to spoil exactly what his role is. We had Malekith order his assassination, and some kind of secret mission involving Squirrel Girl, but details unclear, and there is the one solicit and cover for Thor pointing to a resolution to the Laufey thing, but is unclear on the details again, it is still up in the air if he is siding with or against Laufey. (I strongly suspect against, but it has not been confirmed) But we still don't know what side, if any, he ends up on, and I think Marvel wants to keep that a surprise.

    I don't think killing Laufey would be mad, now that his cover has been blown. I am surprised he hasn't done it sooner, frankly, but I think Loki still was hoping to get some info about his parentage out of him.

    *edited to add - Speaking of Odin not appearing, though, you know who else hasn't appeared much, if at all, is the Agents of Wakanda as a whole. (aside from T'challa himself) I don't recall seeing Wasp, Roz, Ka-Zar, Gorilla Man, Okoye etc. either, except maybe on one of the big connecting covers. But we know damn well that they are involved with the War of the Realms, they were in fact probably the first Earth based group to get involved, before even the Avengers. If the Agents of Atlas get a tie in, but minus Gorilla Man, I would be extremely surprised if the Agents of Wakanda did not, and I bet you that is where Loki ends up in all this. It could spin out of that Thor issue where Loki deals with his daddy issues.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-17-2019 at 01:58 AM.

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think it is more that they don't want to spoil exactly what his role is. We had Malekith order his assassination, and some kind of secret mission involving Squirrel Girl, but details unclear, and there is the one solicit and cover for Thor pointing to a resolution to the Laufey thing, but is unclear on the details again, it is still up in the air if he is siding with or against Laufey. (I strongly suspect against, but it has not been confirmed) But we still don't know what side, if any, he ends up on, and I think Marvel wants to keep that a surprise.

    I don't think killing Laufey would be mad, now that his cover has been blown. I am surprised he hasn't done it sooner, frankly, but I think Loki still was hoping to get some info about his parentage out of him.

    *edited to add - Speaking of Odin not appearing, though, you know who else hasn't appeared much, if at all, is the Agents of Wakanda as a whole. (aside from T'challa himself) I don't recall seeing Wasp, Roz, Ka-Zar, Gorilla Man, Okoye etc. either, except maybe on one of the big connecting covers. But we know damn well that they are involved with the War of the Realms, they were in fact probably the first Earth based group to get involved, before even the Avengers. If the Agents of Atlas get a tie in, but minus Gorilla Man, I would be extremely surprised if the Agents of Wakanda did not, and I bet you that is where Loki ends up in all this. It could spin out of that Thor issue where Loki deals with his daddy issues.
    Lol autocorrect somehow did "bad" as "mad."

    True about the solicits. It just seems like there are so many, many, many characters and teams for this that they're just trying to get the unexpected ones on the covers.

    I suspect that the Agents of Wakanda are still at the Avengers base, which is in prime territory for the Frost Giants and Roxon.

    My theory is that Loki will kill Laufey, but then stay in Jotunheim to wait for Thor to be captured. But that's as far as this theory goes for me snice there are so many ways for this to end. It'll be easier once we get even the first issue.

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    oh, ok, that sentence makes more sense now.

    I think they are definitely trying to show how the entire world is taking up arms, so some oddball characters are coming out of the works (though the Giant Men to fight actual giants is too fun an idea to not do, i mean, honestly)

    Yes, the Agents of Wakanda are based at the Celestial. Also, a solicit mentioned Malekith attacking it, because ii was the last stronghold on Earth kinda thing. I am now wondering if Loki didn't orchestrate the Celestial thing in order to create this stronghold. Though I can't really see how he could have foreseen that that Celestials would raise this thing's corpse like they did, or that the Avengers would make it their base. but he certainly knew it was there, he took Cap to it, so... but yeah, if Loki joins the Agents of Wakanda, he could be at the base as it's attacked. but you could be right in that he kills Laufey and then takes his place. though it also seems to imply that Ymir is kind of in charge, somehow, despite us not having seen him in the leadup to this at all...

  9. #69
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    Yeah, don't you love autocorrect?

    Lol that Giant Men idea is so amazing! And obvious! It would be a crime not to do it! Though I can't look at poor Raz the same after that Deadpool issue. That poor, poor man.

    I definitely think that the WotR is one reason Loki got the Celestrials to attack. It brought the Avengers back together and got them to start preparing for, well, everything.

    I don't think Loki is really trying to take Laufey's place as king of the Frost Giants. I'm not sure any of them would accept him even if he did. Though now that you say that, it doesn't make for a bad story. I don't think Malekith would tolerate it. But maybe Ymir is his stooge?

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ymir

    And I knew I had heard the name Ymir before! He's basically where giants and everything comes from. So maybe not a stooge...

    It just depends on how they want to play the myths here.

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    yeah Ymir is the primordial giant that all others come from. In the myths he is also what everything is made of. (Midgard is his eyebrows, i think it was) but in the comics he has been used in more recent times, so he's still around, on occasion, and much more powerful than other giants. So, I am not sure what is up there since, as mentioned, he hasn't really been mentioned at all in the leadup, but it probably ties into the whole Loki/Laufey situation somehow.

  11. #71
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    yeah Ymir is the primordial giant that all others come from. In the myths he is also what everything is made of. (Midgard is his eyebrows, i think it was) but in the comics he has been used in more recent times, so he's still around, on occasion, and much more powerful than other giants. So, I am not sure what is up there since, as mentioned, he hasn't really been mentioned at all in the leadup, but it probably ties into the whole Loki/Laufey situation somehow.
    Would Loki intentionally bring in a more powerful giant? Or is this an accident?

    Or is Ymir not their king, but rather just in charge of keeping Thor chained up?

    So I like Aaron and all, but his different retcons and different interpretations make it hard to guess based on pass appearances.

    There's also some question if he's Bor's grandfather in the comics and he's also considered the creator of the Frost Giants, so that's fun.

    Seriously, after looking at his Marvel bio, if Aaron goes with that unchanged, then Thor's mother Gaea may actually be his great-great-great-great grandmother.

    Fun!

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    That may be why Loki was not killing Laufey, and actually saved his life that one time. Like, give it some thought. We know that though the Frost Giants support Laufey, at least some other giants do not, they actually sent thugs to kill him after talks failed in the issue where Loki saved Laufey's life. But what if they would follow Ymir? From a perspective of what would win the war, a united front under the banner of Ymir would be far stronger than the Frost Giants under Laufey. So it becomes in everyone's best interest to keep Laufey alive, counter intuitively. Or alternately, Loki trying to become accepted as Laufey's heir then kill him, stopping the Frost Giants that way, but we saw this past issue that didn't work.

    Which is, I guess, my way of saying I think Ymir may be an accidental addition. It may actually have been Thor that killed Laufey, and that is why he is in Jotunheim.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-19-2019 at 03:18 AM.

  13. #73
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    That may be why Loki was not killing Laufey, and actually saved his life that one time. Like, give it some thought. We know that though the Frost Giants support Laufey, at least some other giants do not, they actually sent thugs to kill him after talks failed in the issue where Loki saved Laufey's life. But what if they would follow Ymir? From a perspective of what would win the war, a united front under the banner of Ymir would be far stronger than the Frost Giants under Laufey. So it becomes in everyone's best interest to keep Laufey alive, counter intuitively. Or alternately, Loki trying to become accepted as Laufey's heir then kill him, stopping the Frost Giants that way, but we saw this past issue that didn't work.

    Which is, I guess, my way of saying I think Ymir may be an accidental addition. It may actually have been Thor that killed Laufey, and that is why he is in Jotunheim.
    Laufey didn't want to accept Loki. Laufey and Malekith just needed him for some of the past missions, but with the big invasion coming up, they simply don't need him.

    I think you're right that Ymir isn't an element Loki can plan for, especially if Thor does something. Though to be fair, I'm sure we can't blame Thor entirely. Loki isn't telling anyone his plan and most people aren't going to believe him no matter what he tells them.

    I just wish Aaron would throw us a bone here lol

    He's not neglecting Loki and he's inegated him well into Thor and Odin's story, but I want more!

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    I know Laufey won't accept him, and the latest issue made that very clear, but Loki didn't know that at the beginning, and it was still something worth trying to do. It would explain why he stayed so long, even if the plan ultimately failed. And to be fair, it did seem like he was getting through to him during the whole 'saved Laufey's life' incident, and all.

    I think Malekith may still need him, Loki was the one who created the Bifrost he is using, if Loki dies, it may stop working, he may be shooting himself in the foot, trying to assassinate him. But at the same time, he has to be aware that Loki's going to double cross him, and actually has already.

    And my point is that Loki WAS planning for Ymir. In that I was saying he is trying to keep him out of the picture at all costs, even if that means doing everything he can to protect Laufey's life, because he knows the alternative will be just, so much harder to beat. Maybe, this is all speculation..... But i wrote all that without consulting the solicits, just going off memory. I have double checked them now, and I am not so sure Laufey is dead, because the Giant Men solicit, though, yes, it does say they have to go after Ymir in issue 2, it also mentions "Laufey's forces" so... i clearly missed that bit.

    But yes, Loki's penchant for secrecy may bite him (and everyone else) in the ass. It is one of his biggest flaws, that he doesn't trust people enough to share his plans with them, or to let them help just by asking for it, instead trying to manipulate situations to get them to do what's needed though trickery. It's part of what makes Loki Loki, but it is also prone to backfiring.

  15. #75
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    It's hard trying to keep all of the solicits on track. There are so many of them.

    With that in mind, maybe Loki didn't know about Ymir? And Laufey is bringing in Ymir as a surprise?

    Loki's reaction to Laufey has made me sad before. On the one hand, I think you're right, Loki was trying for that approval in some way. Especially that one scene where Loki is talking about how in Asgard, they'd feast after a fight. That part hurt me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •