Page 53 of 106 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Maybe it's more related how he'll have to be playing several games at once - with the Frost Giants, the future, Nightmare, and so on or that he'll be playing one big game with all of them to achieve his end goals. Not sure.

I like it when the characters are in other clothing than their "normal" outfits. It brings them into the everyday fold of life more while still being themselves. I liked that about the MCU movies too. their "hero/villain" clothes were more about their job outfit, and when they wore civilian clothing they were just everyday people. Even Loki, in Thor and Avengers had great looks in those. In some ways it made him more intense.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

It may be that things get trippy with Nightmare and things take the form of games that Loki has to win, maybe?

And yeah, when they aren't wearing the costumes ALL the time, you know that when they put them on, they mean business. But also, sometimes they end up fighting baddies out of costume and it can either be like with Loki here where the clothes kind of played into the situation he was in, or it can indicate that they got taken by surprise and end up reinforcing that point. If they're running around trying to fight Galactus in sweatpants, when they normally do wear a costume, that says something about the situation. And of course it is just nice to see what a character's style is when out of costume, it says something about their personality. Like, Hawkguy was also in civvies a lot in Fraction's run, but you'd never catch him wearing the kinds of clothes in the Loki Pinterest, because they are different kinds of people, and Loki apparently likes to dress in very nice tailored clothes at least part of the time. That says something about them, you know? Or like Jessica Jones and her aversion to costumes of any kind says something about her.

Here is the Mary Jane variant cover for October's issue:

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...72790660632580

so it's just a bit of fluff, but it's cute.

Extraordinary Member

Lol that has to be one of my favorite MJ covers! It's so fluffy! And I really like long haired Loki.

As much as I like Loki in suits and as much as it makes sense, there's something interesting about him just being in jeans and a T-shirt.

Loki in suits is something I can easily see him in as it so easily connects to his personality and character and that leader mentality. Loki in jeans and a t-shirt isn't something you'd naturally think of, but it looks good and shows a more light hearted and playful style and attitude. I hope we see him that way not just on the cover of issue 4, but in the story as well.

And I agree, seeing characters out of their outfits, does show more of their natural personality and how they'd be in different non-action moments. It's great and really helps us relate more to them.

Yeah, I think they chose some looks that suit him well in the book. but yeahi do agree that I'd like to see more casual like his t-shirt on the most recent cover. he may like to dress up, but probably not ALL the time. (I can't believe we are discussing his fashion so much )

I remembered i could record video in games, so I recorded a bit of how loki plays in city. He's totally my fave (not that i am one of those with tons of alts, i have a friend, he's got literally dozens, and i've got like 5) and not just cus Loki, the powerset is also just super fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1h5...ature=youtu.be

and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x-1...ature=youtu.be

Yeah, I know it's funny that we're discussing his fashion, but to me it also shows me that we see more about Loki than just his Hero/Villain actions. We see more with the character and more into who he is. I like that. Plus, he does have good style. Lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, I think they chose some looks that suit him well in the book. but yeahi do agree that I'd like to see more casual like his t-shirt on the most recent cover. he may like to dress up, but probably not ALL the time. (I can't believe we are discussing his fashion so much )

I remembered i could record video in games, so I recorded a bit of how loki plays in city. He's totally my fave (not that i am one of those with tons of alts, i have a friend, he's got literally dozens, and i've got like 5) and not just cus Loki, the powerset is also just super fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1h5...ature=youtu.be

and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x-1...ature=youtu.be
    Nice vid!

I agree with Prof. Aegis, fashion is so important to a character, but especially like Loki. He's always sort of stuck wearing the same thing and seeing him in casual wear will be really interesting. Like, who is he outside of work? Fashion is one way to find out.

I think a lot of that was, well, i guess a few things. He's an older character, and before, say, the mid to late 70's, if a character did not have an explicit secret identity, like Thor had Donald Blake, or Peter Parker, or Bruce Wayne etc.) they were pretty much in costume all the time, because normal clothes were the 'secret identity' signifier, and if you lacked a secret identity, hey guess what you were in costume all the time, you don't get to have a normal life. But also, Loki was a villain, so he appeared less frequently and when he DID appear, it was to cause trouble, so we always saw him as he was trying do do his job as it were as a villain, we rarely saw him in his downtime, and the times that happened, it was usually in Asgard, so Asgardian clothes. But then secret identities went out of fashion and characters that didn't have a secret identity started appearing in normal clothes (I think this mostly started with Claremont's X-Men) but it was the movies and after JiM that we saw Loki in normal clothes outside of him pretending to be a human in order to accomplish one of his schemes, because more focus was given to his personal life. But come to think of it, we see this from Loki quite a bit now where he will often wear human clothes, but ever since Thor left behind Donald Blake, you very rarely see him out of costume.

and the video, I mean, he can actually handle much harder than that, but i had just been doing a story arc with an enemy group called Nemesis, (steampunk robots) and they are just... the worst, and they are resistant to both confuse and fear effects, which are two of Loki's main tricks, so i set the difficulty down and never bothered to set it back up again when I had some missions with the much easier Council. (think Hydra)

Fantastic Member

Random thought -- the first thing right now I think about when I hear Zelda is a Link to the Past. That game on Kibblesmith's pinterest may be a hint.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    Random thought -- the first thing right now I think about when I hear Zelda is a Link to the Past. That game on Kibblesmith's pinterest may be a hint.
    ****, so that character in issue 1 was definitely Loki.

Also green.

I feel like the very concept of Donald Blake just fell out of fashion, not just because secret identities aren't really things any more, but also because the Thor stuff was so interesting and the Donald Blake stuff just sort of held him back. And yet, it definitely added that human element that the story desperately needed to stand out.

While i do think that was Loki, i don't think the Pinterest page is trying to tell us anything, and that's quite the leap anyway.

We are the secondary audience there, it's primary purpose is to provide reference for the artists to use, or to show what he's thinking of when he's trying to explain something in the script, not tease fans. Also, i am sure he could have found a pin for that particular game rather than one for Breath of the Wild and count on people to make a leap to a different game in the series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    While i do think that was Loki, i don't think the Pinterest page is trying to tell us anything, and that's quite the leap anyway.

We are the secondary audience there, it's primary purpose is to provide reference for the artists to use, or to show what he's thinking of when he's trying to explain something in the script, not tease fans. Also, i am sure he could have found a pin for that particular game rather than one for Breath of the Wild and count on people to make a leap to a different game in the series.
    Raye, do you not play Zelda? Everything goes back to A Link to the Past. I mean, yeah, the first one is fun, but A Link to the Past is just the best.

But it does go with the time-travel theories, especially with how so often in Zelda games, your actions from a previous timeline or action impact what happens later in another timeline.

Also, Loki and Link wear basically the same shade of green.

Fantastic Member

I don't think the board is just for an artist's reference, for instance there was the snow man in there because of Frosti, and I doubt an artist needs to know how to draw Zelda, there are plenty of references for that. I went to try to look and see if it was specifically a Link to the Past, but I didn't see it on the board (I also didn't see some of the older pins, so I think he may have taken stuff off). I love the malachite d&d dice set, it is beautiful (I roleplay and have a dice problem, but stone dice chip, it's better to use metal if you're going fancy). Also many fancy costumes, wow, so dapper. I love it.

It looks like Kibblesmith's put a lot of thought and effort etc. into his Pinterest board, it's awesome.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    I don't think the board is just for an artist's reference, for instance there was the snow man in there because of Frosti, and I doubt an artist needs to know how to draw Zelda, there are plenty of references for that. I went to try to look and see if it was specifically a Link to the Past, but I didn't see it on the board (I also didn't see some of the older pins, so I think he may have taken stuff off). I love the malachite d&d dice set, it is beautiful (I roleplay and have a dice problem, but stone dice chip, it's better to use metal if you're going fancy). Also many fancy costumes, wow, so dapper. I love it.

It looks like Kibblesmith's put a lot of thought and effort etc. into his Pinterest board, it's awesome.
    I feel like the guy may just like dice. A lot of people really love dice and with tbe rise in board games, you can get some really beautiful ones.

Plus, Loki is playing a game. He's always playing a game.

I feel like the dice just mean Loki is playing a game. Perhaps several games at once. If by chance there is an aspect of roleplaying, then it would be on what role Loki plays in his games and what role the other characters will play in his game.

And yes, time travel is definitely involved somehow, Loki first mentioned it in Omega, and we've seen it occur in issue 1. Lots of good developments to come.