Page 68 of 106 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1583

But.... why WOULD they care about how it affects him? There's no reason for them to care about him. But, them using him for their own ends doesn't mean they are being malicious towards him, either. Manipulative and calculating? maybe. But we don't know what they want yet. If they have the good of the universe in mind, I would not exactly place this on the same level as a deal with Mephisto. The more i think about it I think they are just targeting him because something about his current situation is a catalyst for future events, so he is uniquely positioned to fix things. That's it, it's nothing personal. And the way I see it, them entrusting him with this kind of power to travel through time to alter events displays a great deal of trust, which is kinda nice. I mean I am sure they can probably take the power away if he misuses it, but still.

And shouldn't Thor want for Loki what LOKI wants, not what he wants? (as long as it doesn't mean Loki is hurting others, like before) I don't doubt that he thinks a nice quiet happily ever after future is great, but that doesn't make him any less oblivious about how boring and unfulfilling Loki would find that to be.

btw, dug up these panels from Thor:

so Loki does definitely consider Tyr and Balder his brothers.I am sure there are other examples as well, but that one was easy to look for.

and yeah, we don't know exactly why this mystery brother is such a big threat tot he world, but we can't expect them to unload everything on us right away, we're just going to have to wait and see what the deal is there. It may be he's being controlled or something, even.

Spectacular Member

Well that puts that to bed. Loki does see them all as his brothers and even calls them brothers. But is Tyr trying to fight Loki here or hug him?

Fight him. Tyr just betrayed them (Thor, Loki, Balder and Karnilla) to Hela, and a fight broke out. Thori ends up attacking Tyr, and Loki shaves his mustache off, much ot Tyr's distress

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But isn't that still using him and not really caring how this effects him? Sure, Thor might be insensitive, but he's still trying to go with the future where his little brother is safe and out of harm's way. As boring and depressing that is to Loki, why shouldn't Thor want that for him? Especially given everything Loki has been through? And Loki may want uncertainty and a bit of fun, but he's making deals with the Devil. If there's one thing Marvel has taught me, it's that making deals with cosmic entities is normally not going to go your way.

It just feels like these kids are offering Loki something they know he can't resist and I can't understand why they would do it except to screw him later.
    I don't think they are doing this because they want to screw with him, there might be a consequence but it's not a consequence that they are purposefully intending. The only thing that you can possibly say is that they might be sacrificing Loki to save the universe, which would be sad if that is the case but it's also understandable if that is the case. I just hope that if that is the case that Loki can overcome that.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-08-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Yeah, though he called it a 'deal with the devil' I have a hard time placing this on the same level as Mephisto or something, even if it may have some bad consequences for Loki in the end. If they are trying to preserve the future of the universe, i think even Loki would agree that having some negative personal consequences would be preferable to the universe ending. (talking current Loki here, he's apparently had a change of heart by the end of time) The whole sacrificing for his people thing Thor was going on about, even if it's not entirely his choice.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I don't see Then and Now as caring about Loki either. They may not be able to control him, but they can use him to change the course of the future so it doesn't turn out as it appears to in the current timeline. Offer Loki something of wonder and something he would want to possess or use or have for his own abilities and he'd take it. I can see there being no strings to this, as the kids just want the future changed. They wouldn't care what happens to Loki, dies, lives a long life, becomes the ruler of the 10 realms, whatever, just don't allow the universe to end.

And yes Loki would accept some personal consequences to preserve the universe, since it's one he can continue to live, thrive and have possibilities in.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Spectacular Member

Yeah. Cosmic entities don't really care about the individual in general, no matter if they are good, bad or neutral. They care about the future and the structure of the universe. And yeah, I think Loki would more than accept that.

Right now I'm just interested to know what this new power is they are going to give him. Time travelling seems to be the most obvious espeically since there has been major hints of it, both from Kibblesmith and in the comics themselves. There are still other possibilities like being about to see the future or something but it's most likely time travel.

I'm also interesting in what Loki truly is the God of since none of the others seemed to have stuck, at least not to this Loki. But in Loki #1, he was just sort of referred to as "God" which is interesting really. Of course that might not have been referring to him but it most likely was. So I wonder if there is any significance in that or it was more the case that Kibbersmith didn't want to spoil what Loki will become the god of next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    Yeah. Cosmic entities don't really care about the individual in general, no matter if they are good, bad or neutral. They care about the future and the structure of the universe. And yeah, I think Loki would more than accept that.

Right now I'm just interested to know what this new power is they are going to give him. Time travelling seems to be the most obvious espeically since there has been major hints of it, both from Kibblesmith and in the comics themselves. There are still other possibilities like being about to see the future or something but it's most likely time travel.

I'm also interesting in what Loki truly is the God of since none of the others seemed to have stuck, at least not to this Loki. But in Loki #1, he was just sort of referred to as "God" which is interesting really. Of course that might not have been referring to him but it most likely was. So I wonder if there is any significance in that or it was more the case that Kibbersmith didn't want to spoil what Loki will become the god of next.
    I think that's one of the qualities of Loki. He can be the God of "anything". People always want to pin others down into one specific ideal...Thor - God of Thunder. It made things easy in the ancient days, because it helped to explain their world, which I get. But today, we understand better how people, change, life grows and develops and that it is not static. I think this gives Loki an edge over others. Also, why he's had all these other titles...God of Lies, Mischief, Stories, All-Butcher, Necrogod, etc. I can see more being added and stated of him over time as his character and development continues to grow. Also, its his different titles keep coming up, be it by other characters or Loki himself, so he and others recognize how he is constantly changing. So I'm curious as to his next title as well.

And his new power.

According to a preview, Thor chained Loki in fires of Musphelheim. For what reason I wonder? According to the book of Loki, all was good and he lived a happily ever life. So was that a lie? Did something happen along the way? Does Loki's upcoming actions change it into this future? Do Kibblesmith and Aaron not exchange notes? Only time will tell!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    I think that's one of the qualities of Loki. He can be the God of "anything". People always want to pin others down into one specific ideal...Thor - God of Thunder. It made things easy in the ancient days, because it helped to explain their world, which I get. But today, we understand better how people, change, life grows and develops and that it is not static. I think this gives Loki an edge over others. Also, why he's had all these other titles...God of Lies, Mischief, Stories, All-Butcher, Necrogod, etc. I can see more being added and stated of him over time as his character and development continues to grow. Also, its his different titles keep coming up, be it by other characters or Loki himself, so he and others recognize how he is constantly changing. So I'm curious as to his next title as well.

And his new power.

According to a preview, Thor chained Loki in fires of Musphelheim. For what reason I wonder? According to the book of Loki, all was good and he lived a happily ever life. So was that a lie? Did something happen along the way? Does Loki's upcoming actions change it into this future? Do Kibblesmith and Aaron not exchange notes? Only time will tell!
    Thor's story takes place millions of years in the future doesn't it?

I mean Thor might be lying about Loki having a happy ending but he also saw it when he was pulled into the house of Ideas when he saw both his past, present and future, where in the future he fall in love, get everything he ever wanted and then of course die.

I mean, there's also still the chance that Necro-Loki isn't actually Loki at all and is really Gorr who is the most likely candidate if this is the case because of the fact that Gorr will appear in Thor soon and the fact that there are similarties between Gorr and Necro-Loki.

Of if it is Loki, it might not actually be the current Loki. Maybe current Loki does get a happy ending but the next Loki doesn't.

It's just wishful thinking on my part really but I really do hope there is a huge twist with Necro-Loki and all of this has just been a red herring to put readers off the scent of what is really going on. But as I said this is just probably wishful thinking on my part.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-08-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Yeah, there's still much we don't know on various sides.

You're right, Necro-Loki could be Gorr as we've seen him on the over to King Thor 3, so who knows what is actually going on right now. And yes, it could be some other version of Loki from some other timeline.

I'm hoping as well that this isn't standard "evil" Loki fighting Thor. I feel these stories have been done to death. A plot twist, story change, red herring would be welcome to make this story more interesting.

How is the recent Loki solo that just started? I've been itching to fill the void that Agent of Asgard left in me.

It's pretty good. I have some quibbles, but it's fun, and puts Loki in an interesting new status quo. A little early to say a lot more than that, though.

As for the other discussion... Just went and looked at the King Thor preview and... yeah, if they are different futures i have to say i definitely prefer the one in Loki's book. The King Thor preview seemed to imply he was just evil by default which I don't like. So yeah, hoping for some kind of twist there, or at least an explanation beyond "infected with darkness" for to why Loki went from trying to turn over a new leaf to.... that, it would be very disappointing to me if it wasn't explained beyond that, I really dislike the idea of people being good or bad by default. But we do know Loki has reincarnated before and can do so again, and he said that the next one may not be so good, so yeah, maybe it is just that he dies at the first end of the world and is reincarnated super evil like.

That King Thor preview is depressive for me. That is Loki, it's clearly stated, and if it's "our" Loki, it's a real bummer that despite all his effort he still ends up like this. I don't care how far in the future it is; it's just too sad for me. The only way I could accept this if it's Loki from another timeline/reality and not "our" guy.

Spectacular Member

I just read the Thor Preview as well and there isn't any hints that it's our Loki but Thor does say that Loki was born with darkness but I take this as Thor's own thoughts on the issue instead of that actually really being the case. And to be honest, one can't blame Thor thinking like that, espeically with all the horror we've heard. This is literally Loki at his very worse.

I don't think Thor was right that Loki was born with darkness, we have seen this is not the case but I think this could also tie into what Kibblesmith said though about if someone believes something about you long enough and keeps putting those beliefs onto that said person, more likely than not they will become that person.

Also I still wouldn't count out this not being Loki. If this is Gorr, for example, they aren't going to reveal it until Thor #3. They would want you to keep believing this is Loki until the twist.

But if that isn't the case then I do hope this is a different timeline where different events played out which led to a different future. I mean one thing to remember in all of this is that Loki himself has had visions of the past and future recently, both in Laufrey's stomach when he saw the past and what he would become in the future and his future in the house of ideas which was more positive. So without knowing it when that happened, the future might have already changed via the butterfly effect.

Of course there's also a chance this is a different Loki via reincarnation.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    How is the recent Loki solo that just started? I've been itching to fill the void that Agent of Asgard left in me.
    Hey Trace,

We're 2 issues in and there's been a lot of story beats that have us curious as to what is coming up. This next issue, 3, is supposed to bring a new power to Loki. It's been a good read so far and creative. It's still building it's story and direction but I'm hopeful for some great development and growth in the series and in Loki.

If you are missing Loki from AoA, I say give this series a read and see where this goes. It's got connections to AoA, while building new directions.