Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1583
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Page appears to be deleted now. but in any case, Bleeding Cool doesn't release full solicits usually, they gather up early solicits that have been released elsewhere. Newsarama is the one who usually first releases the full solicits. So if Loki's solicit is missing it may not mean anything, they just didn't get ahold of an early one.

In any case, even if it doesn't appear that month, I don't buy that it's cancelled just because the trade contains up to issue 5. That's a fairly typical trade length, especially if it also contains the Omega Issue story, and Kibblesmith has been talking up until pretty recently, as in days ago, like it's going to continue. Those podcasts were recorded just days ago, and he kept talking about his 'first arc'. the 5 issue trade could just mean a new arc begins with issue 6, an it may be delayed for the same reason, it may rely on events elsewhere, like in the Thor relaunch or Avengers.

ps. Poll is up to 51% hero. Still though looking through the replies, it looks like it's been deadlocked pretty much from the start. I see him as more of a hero right now, as i see it the past few years have been his hero origin story, similar to Tony Stark or Dr Strange or even Thor, who had to learn a lesson and become a better person in their early issues. We just got to see a lot of time beforehand of him being awful that we never saw with them. ok, yeah, his worst was worse than theirs, true, but still.

Yeah, the first TPB will include WOTR:OMEGA. Yeah, I saw they took the page down and Newsarama also said that Marvel aren't releasing full Solicits until tomorrow.

It's now up to 52% now for Loki as a Hero. So it's good that more see him as a hero now, albeit barely as it's still pretty close.

I agree on both points that the ones voting him as a villain still are either movie fans or Old Thor fans who want old Loki back. I've actually came across a few arguments between the movie fans where they are debating whether Loki is truly a villain or not and it can get quite heated at times. But I can see comic fans voting him as a villain though as well, espeically those who want old Loki back and the ones who can't and won't accept Loki as a hero. I have seen some who completely disbelieve the change and are still waiting for Loki to revert back to how he was before Kid-Loki came into play.

Actually I was looking at Marvel's list of Loki's most Heroic and Villainous deeds and I'm surprised what he did to Kid-Loki isn't on there although it's ironic yet not surprising that all his heroic deeds listed there are all Post-Siege while all his villainous deeds listed there are all Pre-Siege.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-18-2019 at 10:06 PM.

I think the poll is just to pair with the article, rather than them actually asking fans to decide his future. but it's getting crazy votes, I am not sure if this i typical for Marvel's twitter but damn. I mean Loki has 65,000 votes right now, the next poll down, some Contest of Champions competition i guess, has 600. though to be fair, that's... a very niche subject. so scrolling down until we get one that's not Contest of Champions related.... 'which school in the MU would you like to attend?' got 7,400 votes. (Avengers Academy won) and "which Marvel character would you like to have as a roommate (with very odd choices of Kraven, Beast, Nebula, and Mandarin.... like wtf) got 6,600 votes total. So they seem to average under 10,000 per poll, then Loki comes along and 60,000. So yeah, I think people have strong feelings about this subject. if 'hero' does win I hope Marvel takes notice of that. ... and if villain wins I hope they disregard it.

And yeah, it is a bit weird they left off the whole Kid Loki situation... a heroic act I am surprised they left off though was fixing magic. sure, he employed a few underhanded tactics to get the job done, but that was a pretty huge deal, especially since it meant he had to acquire immense power.... and then give it away.

oh, and while scrolling through Marvel's feed, i guess this is out now! https://books.disney.com/book/loki/?...inkId=73140350 Will have to check that out...
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

It's now 53% in favour of Loki being a hero and it's now at 78, 875 votes, yeah this seems to be something that people are passionate about, it also indicates how popular Loki is as well.

Yeah, this is just to what people think and what category they would put Loki in than actually deciding his future. I don't think there would ever really be a poll like that since it would restrict writers. But I still hope they take notice either way.

Some years ago I had to cease reading comics, a short time after "Siege" (when Loki is killed by Sentry and then Kid Loki shows up). I'm reading back some old series, and I have been reading Agent of Asgard. There, Loki is a teenager, and there is a big deal that he "killed" kid Loki in the past. When did that happen? Where do I find that story?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Some years ago I had to cease reading comics, a short time after "Siege" (when Loki is killed by Sentry and then Kid Loki shows up). I'm reading back some old series, and I have been reading Agent of Asgard. There, Loki is a teenager, and there is a big deal that he "killed" kid Loki in the past. When did that happen? Where do I find that story?
    Kieron Gillen's Journey Into Mystery > Gillen and Jamie McKelvie's Young Avengers > Ewing and Garbett's Agent of Asgard
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

He's supposed to be early 20s physically actually, but in a any case, Loki was brought back after Siege by Thor in Fraction's run on Thor, as a young child, but you don't really need to bother with that (not the strongest run on Thor...) the Kid Loki stuff is mostly covered in Kieron Gillen's run on Journey Into Mystery, followed by his run on Young Avengers. It's available in TPBs and an omnibus. And it's fantastic, one of Marvel's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    It's now 53% in favour of Loki being a hero and it's now at 78, 875 votes, yeah this seems to be something that people are passionate about, it also indicates how popular Loki is as well.

Yeah, this is just to what people think and what category they would put Loki in than actually deciding his future. I don't think there would ever really be a poll like that since it would restrict writers. But I still hope they take notice either way.
    I wonder if Marvel was surprised by the attention the poll got. But yeah, it seems to be an indication that people feel strongly about the subject, and I would hope it would give Marvel pause if they were planning to revert him all of a sudden.

Spectacular Member

It's now past 83,000 now. I wonder if this poll could actually reach 100,000 votes?

I always thought AOA was in his late teens while Loki now is early 20's?

Fans took to calling him 'Teen Loki' and I am sure a bunch still think of him as a teenager, but everything I have seen from Gillen and Ewing said he was officially supposed to be 21ish, physically, same as Kate. I mean he had an apartment and stuff, he was going speed dating, (under disguise but still, Verity didn't seem to think he seemed out of place aside from the outfit) and his best friend was clearly an adult, that would have been weird for a teenager. (even tho his mind was thousands of years old) also, he is an Asgardian, though they do age, it is very slowly, so I can't see that he would ever physically age in the comics without a magical something or other happening, so of he is 20s now, he was 20s then. I suspect grunging him up in Thor and at the end of AoA was at least partially motivated by trying to combat mistaken fan impressions.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-19-2019 at 06:25 AM.

just got traumatic flashbacks of dauterman loki stubble
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don't have a problem with stubble in theory, but Dauterman drew it super weird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Fans took to calling him 'Teen Loki' and I am sure a bunch still think of him as a teenager, but everything I have seen from Gillen and Ewing said he was officially supposed to be 21ish, physically, same as Kate. I mean he had an apartment and stuff, he was going speed dating, (under disguise but still, Verity didn't seem to think he seemed out of place aside from the outfit) and his best friend was clearly an adult, that would have been weird for a teenager. (even tho his mind was thousands of years old) also, he is an Asgardian, though they do age, it is very slowly, so I can't see that he would ever physically age in the comics without a magical something or other happening, so of he is 20s now, he was 20s then. I suspect grunging him up in Thor and at the end of AoA was at least partially motivated by trying to combat mistaken fan impressions.
    That makes sense. So yeah, he most likely is around the same as in AOA which would be early 20's.
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-19-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    just got traumatic flashbacks of dauterman loki stubble
    Yeah, I wasn't too fond of Dauterman's Loki stubble. Loki really let himself go during Aaron's run.

Like I said, it's not that he had let himself go, that had story reasons, so whatever, and stubble can look good. It's more that Dauterman drew it as tiny little curls, like no facial hair ever, especially considering his hair is pretty much straight, maybe a bit of a wave. Sure, facial hair is curly, but not THAT curly, except maybe on black men, which Loki is not.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    the tragic story of kid loki is Thor's fault and his inability to get his hands where he shouldn't. I personally see Thor as a more selfish person than Loki. that is, how Thor is unable to understand how much Loki suffers and is traumatized by what happened to him in the war of the realms, and then to tell him that he must be satisfied with being remembered "Thor's brother", this shows that he has not learned nothing from the past and the reason why Loki behaved "bad" to get out of the shadows created by Thor
    I was meant to reply to this sooner but forgot. I don't think Thor is selfish but rather he is oblivious. In a way Thor reminds me as one of those parents who wants what's best for their child by their own views and standards but don't always get that their child isn't quite happy with that.

I know Thor is not Loki's parent but his older brother, although at times he feels more like a parent than either Odin or Freyja though, but I think the concept is the same.

Question. Is Balder and Tyr older than Thor? I know Angela is the eldest and Laussa is the youngest. I'm sure Balder and Tyr are older than Thor and Loki, but I'm not too sure. I don't know about the other two brothers though.

Yeah, he's like parents who want their kid to be happy, but to them 'happy' means getting married and living in a McMansion with 2.5 kids and a high paying job. So gets them all the latest trendy things and wants them to go to a prestigious school... but like the kid is a goth and wants to be a tattoo artist, and doesn't care that it may mean they are not going to be able to afford a big house. Oh, and they're gay and don't want kids.

Also, I think Thor is just so accustomed to things being a certain way, and Loki (and his other siblings for that matter) always being in his shadow that he's stopped seeing it as an imbalance, so he just doesn't get it, he just thinks this is the way things are and should be, not out of any malice or selfishness, just obliviousness to how much better he has it relative to his siblings because it's all just business as usual to him. It's privilege. Loki may have dealt with this imbalance poorly in the past, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and shouldn't bother him.

And I am not sure the exact order of the siblings, but I am pretty sure Tyr and Balder are the oldest of the brothers, but are illegitimate, (granted, due to Odin and Freyja not being married yet at the time. But still, technically. And to a society that values legitimacy, it could be a big deal) and they may even be older than Angela, she was special not because she was the first, but becuase she was the first legitimate child of Odin and Freyja, making her heir to the throne. And the others were just too young to remember her, and Loki may not have been adopted yet. Or she could just be the first, period. Either way I think Thor and Loki were the youngest, until the new baby was born.

*edit - just checked the Tenth Realm, and yeah, in the flashback it has a guard saying "one of the children" had been taken, and Odin and Freyja were married there, and they called Angela (Aldrif there) their heir. So the only thing that could make her heir was legitimacy, if she had siblings at the time, considering she was just a baby. So Tyr and Balder were alive when she was taken, since they are Odin and Freyja's children, but not considered heir, so they had to have been born before they were married. Thor and Loki could have come before or after this, but I am leaning towards after, or it would probably make Tyr at the very least too old to not remember the war with the Angels.

Though of course we now see that Odin decided to do away with legitimate blood claim and just chose the son he found most worthy, one who is not Freyja's son at all. But at the time...

Also, there are also 2 other brothers, Vidar and Hermod, but they stopped being mentioned years ago, though Loki had Hermod in his phone contacts in Young Avengers. But absolutely no clue how they fit into things or if they even still do.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-19-2019 at 08:37 AM.