Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1583

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hah! tho i have to admit i kinda want one of those hats. I wonder if the Disney Store here might have them.

"conclusion of the first arc" tho gives me a lot of relief and hope. I knew I wasn't being unreasonable to wait for official news rather than jumping on the 'it's cancelled' bandwagon because of one missed solicit. And if #4 is the end of the first arc, and #5 is in the first trade, i guess that makes #5 a done in one.

tho the apparent artist switchup is strange, and I still am holding out hope for Babs Tarr.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-26-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    She's kind of a cross between Hela, Loki and Warlock from the New Mutants. I don't know if this is an original concept or based off of any Loki appearances from the original 2099 stories. Don't know anything about Loki's appearances from then. Cool design though and fits the theme of the concept with a twist.
    No, this looks like it has nothing to do with Loki 2099, who was really a transformed human named Jordan Boone. The Aesir as they were called were created by Alchemax

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    "conclusion of the first arc" tho gives me a lot of relief and hope. I knew I wasn't being unreasonable to wait for official news rather than jumping on the 'it's cancelled' bandwagon because of one missed solicit. And if #4 is the end of the first arc, and #5 is in the first trade, i guess that makes #5 a done in one.
    That is very definitely a hopeful sign--which I am very pleased to see--but its more than just one missed solicit that was giving off the "cancelled" signal. The TPB just being called "LOKI" instead of "LOKI vol.1" was a bad sign. Typically if there is not a "vol.1" after the title of the trade paperback it means that the entire series is in that one TPB.

I wonder if the book is being relaunched with a new #1 for its 2nd arc?

To be fair, it wouldn't even be Loki vol.1, so the solicit is missing a volume number regardless. It would actually be Loki vol. 3. there have been 2 Loki miniseries before this (prior to JiM) that had no tagline, just plain 'Loki'. Granted, one when collected was re-titled 'Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers', despite just being called 'Loki' in single issues, so it may still technically be Volume 2 because of that. so yeah the missing volume number is strange, but it also doesn't necessarily mean anything other than someone fucked up or they are still trying to figure out whether the Ribic series counted as volume 2 or not.

And there have been signs of it continuing too, as I said in the solicits thread when people declared it cancelled, Kibblesmith has actually referred to a second arc prior to this, one of the mentions was just a few days before the solicits were released. this is just the first mention that came AFTER the solicits and a bunch of people leapt to the conclusion it was cancelled. He's also still adding to his pinterest for the book, which is like, reference for artists, and one of the recently added images is a Thor cover that seems most likely to be there as reference for a homage cover. And just looking at the solicits for the first 5 issues, it just doesn't seem like this could in any way resolve the plot set up in the first few issues. think about it, 5 issues total, and it has to wrap up the plot with Nightmare, wrap up the situation with Frosti, Loki asking to join the Avengers, the Un-Father and the future Loki, AND resolve a major revelation dropped on Loki in issue 3, and they take a side trip to the wild west in issue 5 for a Wolverine teamup instead of actually wrapping things up? Even 2 issues would be a stretch to wrap even some of those things up, but now it's supposed to wrap up EVERYTHING in issue 4 so 5 can remain a fun time travel teamup? It's very rare for books to be cancelled while giving the writer no notice at all so it's just dropped with zero resolution, the sales would have had to have absolutely TANKED, like 10k by issue 2 bad, for that to happen. So Kibblesmith would have had SOME notice, and he could have foregone making Loki a cowboy to instead give his run some closure.

It is possible it is being relaunched with a new tagline. Especially since it appears a new artist is incoming, and if hints within Loki's book and the before mentioned cover pan out, and he picks up Mjolnir. But that's not a cancellation, that is a relaunch done for story reasons. One they were likely planning from the start, just waiting on the Thor relaunch.

but I still think how quickly some people jumped to the conclusion it wasn't just 'it might be' but instead were like 'it definitely is' cancelled were being waaaaay too hasty and frankly irresponsible. That can cause people to drop a book.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-27-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Spectacular Member

The only sign that ever pointed to cancellation was the missing volume number.

You also had the missing solicits but that doesn’t really point to cancellation because there are delays in comics. I mean there was a two month delay after issue #5 of Loki: Agent of Asgard.

But there have been a lot more signs of it continuing. For starters the poll and article that came out around the same time as the solicits. I don’t think Marvel would put something like that out, which more promoted the comic. I mean if they used the movie and the new TV series that would have been different, but they used the book for images and the article was more or less based on the comic.

Then you have the fact that it’s been over a week and not one word about it being cancelled at all. As I said before in other replies here. There is no need for the delay in announcing the cancellation. In fact, this would have been the perfect time to do it. Imo I think it would have either been announced before the Solicts came out, like Iron man was or it would have been announced more or less straight after.

The next one and it’s only small but neither Kibblesmith nor Wil Moss have removed Loki from their twitter accounts. I know that doesn’t exactly mean much but still it's something.

So really overall the only thing that really pointed to cancellation was the missing volume number which can easily be explained away.

And as Raye said, there is still so much that needs to be wrapped up that can't really be done in two issues, possibly one since Loki #5 seems like it will possibly take a step away from the main story for that one issue. It will still connect some way though.

And yeah, there was this kind of mindset that it was cancelled rather than it might be cancelled. I want on tumblr and twitter and at times there was just complete panic over it.

Extraordinary Member

So does Kibnlesmith just have a stuffed peacock?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    sometimes it's better not to ask questions ...

Spectacular Member

I'm not sure but I do know that peacock looks a little......shifty. It's up to something!

I mean, doesn't everyone....?

Anyway, Todd Nauck posted a design for 2099 Loki and a backstory:

My Loki 2099 cover (w/ colors by @rachellecheri
    !) for Loki #5.
    You may be asking yourself, "Did Loki get infected with the Transmode Virus in Marvel 2099?"
    The answer: "YES! Making an deal with the Phalanx can go really bad."
    Cover on the left. My design sketch on the right.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status...99032705601536

so when Lambadelta said it looks like Loki had some Warlock in there, that was right on the money.

Spectacular Member

I mean, doesn't everyone....?

Anyway, Todd Nauck posted a design for 2099 Loki and a backstory:

My Loki 2099 cover (w/ colors by @rachellecheri
    !) for Loki #5.
    You may be asking yourself, "Did Loki get infected with the Transmode Virus in Marvel 2099?"
    The answer: "YES! Making an deal with the Phalanx can go really bad."
    Cover on the left. My design sketch on the right.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status...99032705601536

so when Lambadelta said it looks like Loki had some Warlock in there, that was right on the money.
    I can’t take any credit for that because it was Pro.Aegis who said about the warlock thing. I really do like that art though. I what wonder Loki would like look without being infected!
    Last edited by Lambadelta; 09-27-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I love her! I wish we'd get a story out of her!

oh, whoops must have had my wires crossed about who posted that! still though, good catch to Prof. Aegis!

And yeah, i'm kind of impressed he came up with a backstory for a one-off variant cover. I think it could still work with the fake-Asgardians angle, it just says they're gone from Earth, at least as far as the general populace is aware, not that they are necessarily gone entirely. you could always have the OG Asgardians make a comeback. though apparently changed somewhat in Loki's case.

Extraordinary Member

oh, whoops must have had my wires crossed about who posted that! still though, good catch to Prof. Aegis!

And yeah, i'm kind of impressed he came up with a backstory for a one-off variant cover. I think it could still work with the fake-Asgardians angle, it just says they're gone from Earth, at least as far as the general populace is aware, not that they are necessarily gone entirely. you could always have the OG Asgardians make a comeback. though apparently changed somewhat in Loki's case.
    What was with the 90s and making the Asgardians not actual gods?

I don't know, in 2099's case in particular it may have been because it was a highly technological future, and the Asgardians didn't fit very neatly into that, would have kinda gone against the whole cyberpunk theme. and the whole 'Aesir' thing actually is a creative idea that totally fits with a cyberpunk setting so i can't really fault them for using it. But I think the OG versions could still work, just may take a little more thought than some other characters, it would be interesting to see them come back and discover the fakes. But I think Loki in particular kinda works well for a cyberpunk setting because of the transhuman themes that run through it, i have to think Loki would be all over that.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

That little back story on 2099 Loki was great. Yeah, I agree, I'd enjoy seeing a story featuring her. Learning how the deal came about and how it affects her. It could be a good addition to Loki.

Thanks for the recognition...No worries, we do a great job feeding off each others thoughts here!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin