Page 91 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1583

The new costume is very distinctive though, with the Thurisaz rune worked into the costume and all, and the stars, and the spikes on the sides of his knees and arms, the fancy shoulder guards, cloth apron bit, plus his usual metal pants. all the details matter, and what was shown at the end of Loki lacks any of the details of either that or his current costume (metal pants, gold trim, a cloth apron type deal in the front) it's not the same, beyond vague colour scheme, which can be said of most of his costumes. It's not the same to either that or his current one with it's usual metal pants and gold trim. the little, uh, crotch/apron piece is also unlike any of his current costumes or the new one, it's metal, presumably some Ultron influence there.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-09-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

OK, maybe not. But given Cate's own batshit insane stories, I'm not giving up on this theory too soon.

I did really love Thor being so proud of Loki in that scene with Ironman. We don't see that too often and it's nice to think that this is probably the first time Loki has gotten that without this being a part of some plan or scheme or lie by Loki. It's sad to think that it will lead to a very sad timeline, but it's nice to see.

I am still not convinced the new costume is technically real. I still think it may be some sort of dream world thing, or astral plane, or... something. So I am not sure other characters will actually ever see it. But that's just a hunch, based on not much more than restoring his arm and eye and having his hair grow by literal feet overnight seems a bit much for a costume change. I mean sure, Loki got aged down and back up again, but he had to like, die first, and there was a lot of story behind the changes, so if the new costume is real, it should have equally big explanation behind it.

I liked that Thor seemed proud, and Tony even came around, even if he's still not keen on Loki joining the Avengers (he has said to never have two gods on a team at the same time, tho, so that may be part of it as well) and I mean yeah defeating Nightmare one time is kind of a drop in the bucket when it comes to balancing the scales, so... but it's still nice that they were encouraging.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it was just Loki beating Nightmare that did it. I think it was also him being nice and encouraging to that one woman when she really needed it.

Also, we better see Loki as a woman at some point because at this point it just feels like queer-baiting.

That's true, I think Tony and Thor arrived after and only really saw Loki's talk with her.

And I don't see it as queer baiting, really. It's not like it's been a part of Loki much since Agent of Asgard ended, and even in AoA Loki still spent most time as male. So I don't think it was something I really expected much of in the new solo, to be honest. I think Ewing probably wanted it to be more a part of Loki's character, but since then it's been toned down (same with a lot of other aspects from Ewing's run, the ending in particular, to be fair) and I think some people are expecting more from that side of things than we are likely to see again, honestly. I think that aspect will always kinda be there, but.... very occasionally. Tho it was kind of acknowledged a bit in this issue, from Tony.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Good issue and good end to the story arc. I think that Loki doing "good"deeds, is more just a natural thing for him when he doesn't have an audience he feels he has to play to. Loki doesn't give himself enough credit due to his past experiences, but when just one on one, his genuine caring and helpful nature shines through. Having Tony see that too, helps to give a bit more weight to Loki's heroic nature. And a bit more of Loki accepting himself.

spoilers:
    As for the feeling of being rushed, I wonder, and this is speculation that as we don't have a solicit for a Loki 6 and no news out of NYCC, that due to Donny Cates' plans for Thor and perhaps Loki, or sales based off of 2 issues, the series is cancelled and Kibblesmith had to rewrite some of issue 4 to maneuver in some things he was planning for later or in a different way. Plus the UnFather being left for "To be continued in the Future" leaves me wondering about the plans for this story, and series. The art seemed rushed to me as well. I know we've all commented on Bazaldua's art before, but this time it seemed more stiff and simplistic than previous issues.
    end of spoilers

Overall good story and I wonder if we'll see Loki using his new powers in any way. The next few weeks and months should prove interesting in regards to Loki.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Spectacular Member

I think when Loki doesn’t have an audience, he tends to be less guarded and can be himself more. I think this comes from everyone, well most always believing he’s up to no good and assuming the worst. Which in a way you can’t blame them but it’s hard when you are trying your best to change and no one is really letting you, even if they are only doing it indirectly. I think it helps when a person either doesn’t know who he is or they do know who he is and I mean really know who he is, like Verity. The first is without any judgement while the other can see through the lies, he even at times tries to convince himself as truths.

It’s good to see Izzy’s reaction towards Loki at the end which shows how much things have changed for Loki in the future, not all good though.

Loki getting Nightmare’s powers is of course huge and it’s a pity it wasn’t elaborated on, but the main question is what Loki is going to do with them. I mean can Nightmare’s powers be used for good?

It seems that Loki is owed many favours from many people and……cosmic beings.

The sales weren’t nearly bad enough for it to warrant cancellation after 2 issues and as I said before, if it was cancelled it would have been announced already. No one waits nearly a month to announce something being cancelled, especially if they knew for a while. When something is cancelled, the announcement is usually imminent. I mean not only that, but everything points to it not being cancelled. I don’t know what more can be said at this point.

Anyway, the solicits for January should be coming out next week. It's the third Wednesday/Thursday of the month if I remember correctly.

I don't think power itself is good or bad, it's the intent with which you use it that matters, (tho if a power source can alter your intent, like Ultron can, now that he makes hybrid.... things... or like a symbiote or something, which can alter your thoughts, then that's a problem) so i don't think Loki getting Nightmare's powers is in itself a problem, but it was done in such an offhand way that i am not sure it will be brought up again much after this, and it's not clear right now if it's just raw power added to Loki's pool of magic, merely making it possible for him to do more powerful magic, or if it actually grants him new abilities.

thinking on Thortron tho, I mean... how did that happen, i wonder? Did he maybe get outfitted with some tech to replace his eye and/or arm (tho the Destroyer arm may be the most durable and strong replacement limb, it is big and clunky) that somehwow offered a gateway to take over, maybe? Also, Pymtron is in Iron Man right now, so... I'm just saying, given that Tony seems involved in things as of right now regarding Loki and his desire to be an Avenger, they may link up.

And I agree that it doesn't seem like it feels cancelled, especially after Kibblesith posted this on twitter (he seems to be having a go at people who pirate the books today. Which is understandable.) https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...18825807650818 where how he talks definitely implies it's not cancelled... yet. but might be if people pirate it. and this goes for all books, but the books that are kinda on the cusp like Loki and a lot of the other newer solo books really need every reader to count in a way Marvel can profit from, because if it's not profitable, it will get the axe.

Spectacular Member

I don't know if anyone would be interested in this or if it's already been discussed but there's a new Thor series called Thor: Metal Gods being released on Serial box. It look like it's a comic and audio book.

Here's a bit more about it

“Thor and Loki embark on a cosmic odyssey to stop the return of an ancient evil.

A space adventure on an epic scale, Metal Gods propels Thor and Loki on a quest to recover a dangerous alien artifact. Together with a Korean tiger-goddess, a charismatic, gender-fluid space pirate, and Frost Giant mercenaries, the sons of Odin must each confront their pasts and face the truth behind the destruction of a planet that Thor once tried to help. Tinged with humor, celestial horror, complex relationships, space battles, barroom brawls, and blasts of sheer fun.”

The first season of the series, which can either be read or listened to as an audiobook, will be released on December 12, 2019.

https://www.serialbox.com/serials/thor

Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    I don't know if anyone would be interested in this or if it's already been discussed but there's a new Thor series called Thor: Metal Gods being released on Serial box. It look like it's a comic and audio book.

Here's a bit more about it

“Thor and Loki embark on a cosmic odyssey to stop the return of an ancient evil.

A space adventure on an epic scale, Metal Gods propels Thor and Loki on a quest to recover a dangerous alien artifact. Together with a Korean tiger-goddess, a charismatic, gender-fluid space pirate, and Frost Giant mercenaries, the sons of Odin must each confront their pasts and face the truth behind the destruction of a planet that Thor once tried to help. Tinged with humor, celestial horror, complex relationships, space battles, barroom brawls, and blasts of sheer fun.”

The first season of the series, which can either be read or listened to as an audiobook, will be released on December 12, 2019.

https://www.serialbox.com/serials/thor
    Is it canon?
    Last edited by Regular man; 10-10-2019 at 08:00 AM.

So you have to pay for it (10 bucks seems reasonable enough, though) but does that mean they are official? Like the Wolverine podcast that Marvel turned into a comic? Poking around I would assume so, they seem to have a few presumably licensed properties in their catalog. If it's like the Wolverine one, then that is loosely considered canon, I think. But the YA novel is official too and it's kind of it's own continuity. It sounds like it's based on the comics continuity, and the art and logo is comics based (tho Thor has both arms *edit - the art seemed familiar, and it just hit me why. it seems like they just used a photo of the recent Kotobukiya statue, modified it's right arm to hold Mjolnir, than mirrored it. so... it's a pretty half assed pic, but still. ) which is honestly a bit surprising since I would have assumed they'd go with the more widely known movie versions, but hey, not complaining. having the Norse gods meet the Korean pantheon has some promise.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-10-2019 at 06:59 AM.

I kind of like the book's breezy pace, because well, it's Nightmare, but also because I've gotten sick of more loosely plotted monthlies.

That page with the REAL Avengers Big Three gave me eons of life.

Unfather looks pretty dope. Tell me more about Mars.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I had a little fluffy fan desire just now. ok. So, like i said earlier it feels like there might be a time skip happening in between December and January. A perfect time to introduce the 'X months later' would be New Years, due to the timing, right? sets the stage of this being a new year in the MU as well as for us really clearly and all. And you know how Loki tried to get a New Years kiss from Prodigy, but was rejected? Well, what if they repeat that, but with someone else, but this time he's not rejected, and it's all d'awww? there is the slight problem of no one being set up for him yet, and the next issue is a time travel story so it can't focus a lot of attention on the present in order to get maximum time with cowboy Loki and Wolverine, (tho, i would assume that at the very least the beginning and possibly end parts are in the present day) but the time skip itself could help resolve that. OR, alternately, it's another situation like YA where it's more like a random ask, but could lead someplace more later, like he's at another New Years party or something, maybe one thrown by Tony. Cus you KNOW Tony Stark has a massive New Years party every year.

I dunno, it's unlikely to actually happen, but I thought it could be cute. And the little recap Loki got with Now and Then did mention he falls in love.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

CBR has a good write up on Loki 4. It hits on the pieces of Loki being worthy of Mjolnir and how the UnFather being Thor/Ultron could be the doom of the MU. It really is a great set up for future stories as well as a great backstory to the main series.

https://www.cbr.com/loki-reveals-unf...l-future-thor/
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Nice! good to see more people in the comics press is getting what's happening with him now, previously a lot of them really didn't seem to get it, so writeups etc were kind of frustrating experiences sometimes.

edit - As an aside, if he does end up fighting Ultron in order to save Thor, and the world, from that fate in the future, I think that could be interesting, because he's all magic based, while Ultron is pure tech. Loki's more tech savvy than Thor, for sure, but when it comes right down to it, he is a sorcerer, he's not like Doom who routinely merges tech and magic, tho he has done it on occasion, like with his magic cell phones. That may be where Tony comes into things, why they brought him into the story early on even though he hasn't actually done a ton so far aside from telling Loki 'no' for joining the Avengers and providing a heavy object for Loki to drop on Nightmare. And most of the other Avengers could have done the 'no' part, at least. Loki has always had trouble admitting he needs help with something, he always likes to try and do everything himself, and he may need some expertise that he lacks to actually beat this. And I mean, I guess he already has a bit of experience, from that Infinity stuff, he fought some of Ultron's hybrids when talking to Wolverine.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-11-2019 at 03:42 PM.