Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1583

I don't think that vintage dress has any meaning. Simply, the book cover was used as a teaser because of the title. Of course, I have been wrong many times.
    Also, I don't need to see Verity in this point of time, either; a simple explanation of her fate and Loki's feeling about it would be ok. She was such an integral part of his life, explicitly stated to be the most important person in his life along with Thor, and then, with WOTR, nothing. Not even a mention. I don't like such loose ends. In fiction, I can take a glitch in logic or a moderate continuity misalignement, but a lack of credibility in character's emotional development is where I lose interest.
    Last edited by Karabaja; 10-19-2019 at 10:38 AM.

You are misunderstanding the purpose of the Pinterest. It is not for giving fans teasers. It is not for us. It is for Kibblesmith and the artists. He shared it with us to give teasers as a secondary thing, but that is NOT its primary purpose. That is why I am saying to temper your excitement, because it is not meant just as a teaser for us, you have to keep that in mind. It is artist reference and/or inspiration kinda stuff. Remember that when looking through it, everything in it has to have a purpose visually for the artists.

I hope to have answers about Verity too, but everything on there has to be taken with a giant grain of salt is all, because of its actual purpose, and creative plans can shift a lot, inspirations don't always materialize in the actual books.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-19-2019 at 12:18 PM.

OK, so as mentioned a while back, I rebooted my Sims game in a different town, and I've got everyone settled in, I've killed those who needed to be dead (tho Karnilla, as before, gets to be alive in the 'Hel house' even tho technically she is dead, which will eventually be moving to a more spooky/gothic house but wanted to get Asgard and the Avengers settled as my first priority, and relationships re-established) Still crashes sometimes but it is generally much more stable especially if i am playing the Asgard house which is fairly isolated. the Asgardians, minus Balder who is holding down the fort on the tug boat, which I am never going to let go cus i love that thing, i was amazed i managed to fit so much into such a small space, and had fun cluttering it up, are in a big farm house/ranch because they have a horse, and hopefully a unicorn soonish. I also wanted a very large house with lots of open space because of the sims notoriously bad pathing, I am so over sims standing around tapping their foot for ages waiting for a narrow passage to clear, (a problem in the tug boat with 3 sims and a dog living on it) so giant farm house it was.

So what I did... got everyone moved in, and et up everyone with the story progression mod so they don't get sucked into random relationships or move house without my permission, also, make them immortal. Some characters moved with their houses (I have have the Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers Mansion, Hel House, Wong's house, Roz's house, which is actually my house) some others (Wolverine, Squirrel Girl and Nancy, Zelma) were not particularly attached to their houses, or in Zelma's and Squirrel Girl/Nancy's case case were in a high rise which would be awkward to move, so I just moved them into new places, and the Asgard house, i tried saving it, but it wouldn't either it had too much stuff on the lot, or something on there was glitched, but it would not save, so i had to move the family minus house. But their relationships were wiped out because that's just what happens when you save families to the bin. So had to get everyone re-introduced. I created Wasp (cus Tony is dating her), Jane Foster, and Raz, because I want to try and make my strangely prophetic game powers reality there, tho i dunno how well it will work if it's something I actually try to do, unlike the time the game predicted Bats or similar. But whatever.

Here are Wasp (in athletic gear, not her regular outfit) and Raz with Loki... who yes, got a new outfit, because of course. And Jane with Loki and Balder on the tugboat before i moved them into the farm house. Yes, Loki and Raz hit it off really well, tho Loki hits it off with pretty much everyone, for some reason.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299760169

https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299766347

And then I got the Asgardians moved into their new house, and... the slaughter began. I killed Skurge, Brunnhilde, Kid Loki, (kept their graves on the lot so they can still come and visit sometimes as ghosts) sent Kevin to boarding school, and moved Loki, Thor and Jane in. I waffled for a bit if i should have Loki there, because maybe i should make a Jotunheim house, or something, but he's pretty much maxed out, so there isn't really a lot of progress for him to do, so I figured i had the room, so keep him around so he can make gourmet meals and use his magic to clean house and upgrade appliances, while I work on leveling up Jane and Angela's skills. And then I began overhauling the house, which came by default with some very... country decorations. I can only take so much time in one stretch in build/buy mode, So this is an ongoing project. but I did finish Loki's room, he ended up going full Ikea because the shelves gave a great place to display all the gems and **** he'd collected (tho some of the items he'd collected in France in particular glitched and vanished into the ehter when he moved, sadly):

https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299687992
    and some more angles:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299685806
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299686195
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299686813

He got the second largest room after Thor (cus I mean, he is the king of Asgard now and all) becaus he needed a lot of room for all his magic ****.

And got the main room/kitchen mostly sorted:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299685232
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299684743
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299683947

Like i said, I chose this house because the rooms are very large, with lots of open spaces and few doorways, very open plan for the main living area. (also, in the last one, Angela got hit with the Tragic Clown curse, lol. that is not her regular outfit.)

Upstairs is not finished, but has a little rec area with games, as well as Jane and Angela's rooms (which I am not done decorating, like i said can only stand so much time in build/buy at a stretch):
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299682279
    and there is room up above for a long and narrow third floor, should i decide to add, say, Freyja and Odin, or Sif. (have a hunch she will be a bigger deal in a little while, since it appears she will be taking Heimdall's position) but will see what Cates does there.

And here is a shot of the outside from the front:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299681700

turned the barn into a general holding area for activities with large equipment that would spoil the decor (the Loki's magic **** is in his room because that seemed fitting, and Thor's sculpting station is in his bedroom because it needs to be behind a locked door so only he can access it, or the other characters would block it up and prevent him from using it) and horse stuff surrounding it:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299683461

and the backyard was largely taken over by a pool, hot tub, basketball hoop, soccer net, and garden:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299682662

so house is set up, more or less, tho still need to decorate Thor, Jane and Angela's rooms, so it was time to throw a party and get everyone all introduced to one another. I could not invite everyone all in one batch, but I think i have everyone all re-acquainted now.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299695677
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...27117299698237

and that brings everything back up to speed. Now to send Loki and Wolverine off somewhere, probably France since i finally have room for the Nectary, so Asgard can finally make booze, as it should be able to, send him time traveling, maybe add some new characters since there are some empty houses still, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage with Dani could be cute...

Extraordinary Member

Damn, I really want to see Loki in that green Wicked costume. I would be a very happy fangirl.

Well, the design is presumably copyrighted, (by whom is maybe a bit tricky, the designer is apparently Susan Hilferty, but the copyright may be owned by someone else, copyrights for stuff like this can be a tangled web. Wizard of Oz is public domain, which is why they were able to write Wicked in the first place, but that particular story and all costumes etc designed for the play is still copyrighted, just like the movie is copyrighted by MGM) so they can't use it exactly. I think it's tacky, personally, but... But I suspect the window of time has passed on that one, that one was added a while back along with all the chess stuff, so I think it was intended that he be wearing something inspired by that in the chess match with Now and Then, but they clearly went a different direction. But I guess you never know, it may have been saved for something else.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-19-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Well, the design is presumably copyrighted, so they can't use it exactly. I think it's tacky, personally, but... But I suspect the window of time has passed on that one, that one was added a while back along with all the chess stuff, so I think it was intended that he be wearing something inspired by that in the chess match with Now and Then, but they clearly went a different direction. But I guess you never know, it may have been saved for something else.
    I would think that it's for something later on. And yes, it's tacky AF, but sometimes Loki is pretty tacky, which I like.

But still, I wish we saw maybe some dresses or something. A lot of this is still pretty feminine, really, but I really want to see Lady Loki at some point.

It's possible, it's just that most of the stuff tended to get added in chunks as the issues were, presumably, being written, and Kibblesmith was makking pins so he could show the artists/editors what he was talking about in the script. so all the chess stuff was one batch, along with the shot of the library, all the cowboy/cards stuff was in another block, etc. but some other things have never shown up, like the monkeys, or the matchbook, or the girl box (that's actually what it's called. it's from a hotel in Los Angeles) so... they may have been pinned early as he got an idea, but they may have also just fallen by the wayside, because creative ideas are always shifting until they are put to page. But in hindsight, with the addition of the 1920s/30s style penny, that might fit with the match book, which has been chilling in there since forever, they are both from roughly the same era, of late 20s/early 30s, so... (i still want to see Loki in a speakeasy SO BAD... but Canada never did prohibition, at least not on as large a scale as in the US) I dunno, keep an eye out for some of these to make an appearance i guess, for more Loki dressup fun. https://www.pinterest.ca/shelleysvin...aring-20s-30s/

If we continue to see flashbacks where they add to Loki's past, the context I would like to see Lady Loki in is waaaaaaaay back, in viking times. I just kinda want that bit of the myths where Loki took the form of a woman and married a mortal dude to be added back into Loki's history.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-19-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It's possible, it's just that most of the stuff tended to get added in chunks as the issues were, presumably, being written, and Kibblesmith was makking pins so he could show the artists/editors what he was talking about in the script. so all the chess stuff was one batch, along with the shot of the library, all the cowboy/cards stuff was in another block, etc. but some other things have never shown up, like the monkeys, or the matchbook, or the girl box (that's actually what it's called. it's from a hotel in Los Angeles) so... they may have been pinned early as he got an idea, but they may have also just fallen by the wayside, because creative ideas are always shifting until they are put to page. But in hindsight, with the addition of the 1920s/30s style penny, that might fit with the match book, which has been chilling in there since forever, they are both from roughly the same era, of late 20s/early 30s, so... (i still want to see Loki in a speakeasy SO BAD... but Canada never did prohibition, at least not on as large a scale as in the US) I dunno, keep an eye out for some of these to make an appearance i guess, for more Loki dressup fun. https://www.pinterest.ca/shelleysvin...aring-20s-30s/

If we continue to see flashbacks where they add to Loki's past, the context I would like to see Lady Loki in is waaaaaaaay back, in viking times. I just kinda want that bit of the myths where Loki took the form of a woman and married a mortal dude to be added back into Loki's history.
    I totally hear you on that myth. It's a very interesting myth and dammit, I want it! We could see Loki in so many cute little outfits! Plus, I mean, c'mon, tumblr would breakdown over canon pregnant Loki.

I kinda don't want the weird fetishy fans to get too much to work with.... but I still think that's a cool aspect of the myths to explore, if they are doing this flashback retcon stuff.

Extraordinary Member

I kinda don't want the weird fetishy fans to get too much to work with.... but I still think that's a cool aspect of the myths to explore, if they are doing this flashback retcon stuff.
    I don't mean it in a fetish way. Just that it explores a very different aspect to Loki that we don't really see ever, even in most other myths. It is not only the ultimate play on gender tropes, but it's him giving and creating life, something outside of his normal duties.

Plus it's so vague, they could do almost anything with it. I suspect there was a more fully fleshed out myth there at some point for it to be referenced the way it was, but the original myth was presumably lost to time, and we are just left with a reference that provides a couple fragmentary details. So all they really need to keep there is Loki takes female form and marries a mortal man, lives with him for years and they have a family. We don't know a whole lot more beyond that, except that Odin did not think highly of it. It might be a little hard to fit in around the whole evil Viking Loki we saw during Aaron's run, but if they place it a bit before that, they could give it a tragic ending that makes Loki embittered and angry and leads to what we saw in Aaron's run.

This could mean the 'fall in love' bit that he saw as he was being sucked into the House of Ideas, but I am still hoping for a present day relationship as well, since it's been so long. We had the beginnings of something with Zelma, but that didn't last too long. though, I guess with Cates writing Thor, and the way Waid wrote Zelma out of Strange's book (she went to go assist the Ancient One, but that need not last forever) he may bring her back. But I kinda am hoping for a guy, hence the Raz thing, he's available, and I think he'd be a good fit, despite having very few appearances to date.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think you would really want to dig it too much deeper than that, really. Leave it like a fairy tale, just one that goes wrong.

When it comes to Loki, it's really hard to know when it comes to the original myths. Some theories suggest that he wasn't really a Norse character at all, but rather, since the myths weren't written down originally, he's a combination of several other gods and Satan. Thus, his femininity is then seen as something unnatural and a part of his "trickster" role. Now, those are seen as something very different.

Well, the thing with the Norse myths is, they were oral for centuries, maybe parts of them carved into rune stones now and then, but there is only so much you can fit onto a rock. When they were written down, it was by Christian monks, and while they did take their part as scholars of history seriously, from what i understand, it's very likely that some aspects were filtered through a Christian lens in the process of being written down. And the conversion to Christianity in Scandinavia was not an overnight process, either. For a while, it was sort of a hybrid belief system with aspects of the old mixed in, you can find carvings of Yggdrasil and other aspects of the old myths carved on the sides of Christian churches. Also, I don't think Loki borrowing aspects from other gods is a mark against his validity as a member of the Norse pantheon, because the same was true for all of them to one extent or another. These religions developed over thousands of years, and there was a lot of cross pollination between the various pantheons in the old world because the cultures were shifting, the norse were very widely traveled, trading and raiding as far away as Egypt and the Middle East, and North America, some of them even worked as mercenaries far abroad, like the Varangian Guard, and it's not like the stories just stopped at the border, or the ones who traveled abroad never brought anything back with them. For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukko some obvious similarities to Thor, yes?
    Last edited by Raye; 10-19-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, the thing with the Norse myths is, they were oral for centuries, maybe parts of them carved into rune stones now and then, but there is only so much you can fit onto a rock. When they were written down, it was by Christian monks, and while they did take their part as scholars of history seriously, from what i understand, it's very likely that some aspects were filtered through a Christian lens in the process of being written down. Also, I don't think Loki borrowing aspects from other gods is a mark against his validity as a member of the Norse pantheon, because the same was true for all of them to one extent or another. These religions developed over thousands of years, and there was a lot of cross pollination between the various pantheons in the old world because the cultures were shifting and it's not like the stories just stopped at the (ever moving until modern times) border. For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukko some obvious similarities to Thor, yes?
    But is Loki even a Norse name? And he displays a lot of qualities that are rather unique to him, even as a trickster god.

I mean there are actually two Lokis in the myths so... (Loki and Utgard Loki, a frost giant. what's a bit funny is that Laufey's castle.... is Utgard. so now Loki is Utgard Loki ) I presume it is a name they at least were familiar with, but most the gods had names not in common use by the populace, you don't see a lot of people on runestones etc. called Odin either, there are a few where there is some crossover, like Siggurd but not too many, generally there were myth names and human names.

But Loki was a foreigner in the myths, he was not of Asgard, nor of Vanaheim, the two main realms the gods hailed from, so that was at least in part of his role in the stories, so it would make sense for him to have a more foreign name. The Norse encountered a lot of people from foreign lands, which is presumably how the Nine Realms became so prominent in their myths. They had to make sense of how to navigate all the different cultures they came across, some warlike, some peaceful, some.... complicated, and the Nine Realms were a good way to explore that. So it makes sense for them to have at least one figure in the myths that represented a culture very different from their own. That he was eventually turned into the villain is a bit... unfortunate, in that regard, but still. But like, T'Challa is not from New York, where most Marvel stories are set, he's from Africa, and has a distinctly foreign sounding name, but that doesn't make him not a Marvel character.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-19-2019 at 10:10 PM.