Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1583

hah! that's hilarious. forehead horn buddies.

Here's some more pictures: https://ew.com/movies/2019/10/31/tom...mes-halloween/

Reminds me that Loki still needs to do something nice for Daredevil in the comics for throwing him that sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is a pretty risky move, so Marvel must have something big planned with this if they feel sure about it.
    I mean, back to what I said before, we don't actually know this is what's happening, or if anything big is planned at all. It's just speculation. It could be something else entirely. But if the artist had to be replaced, they probably were not exactly anticipating it, I'm sure they were hoping he'd go in for a long run, but... I mean it might have led to them having to decide to just continue with whoever was available, possibly causing the quality of the book to suffer, or hold out to find someone who was a good fit.

Extraordinary Member

I wish we knew what was happening.

Also, I was just thinking about the X-Men stuff and a Krakoan flower finding its way to Jotenheim.

I wonder if it would be considered a breach of security if the Midgardians managed to break the monopoly on nine realms travel that the Bifrost has. Well, there was small scale travel that bypassed it, with like magic and stuff, but talking larger scale. It's not like anyone can come through a Krakoa gate, sure, just mutants, but it's still more than the occasional sorcerer or magic weapon/artifact making exceptions. But, on the other hand, we already saw that having only one access point across the realms proved to be kind of a bad thing.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone know when the preview will be out for Issue 5?

It is not coming out until the 20th, so I presume the preview will hit the 13th or 14th

some MCU news: https://www.newsarama.com/47766-disn...f-madness.html

so apparently the Disney+ Loki series will tie into the next Dr Strange movie. I had previously heard it speculated that it would tie into the next Thor, that the Disney+ series would be what brings Loki back to the MCU proper (well, alternate Loki, but still) along with the Mjolnir Jane will be wielding, but I guess Dr Strange does come out first and it does deal with the multiverse...

Spectacular Member

Bad news. It looks like issue 5 will be the last issue of the Loki series

https://thelightofthingshopedfor.tum...post-well-****

It'strange that there's still been no announcement of the cancellation unless it was actually always going to be a mini series despite what otherwise was said. But scenarios are strange though. Hopefully they can still carry on Loki's story somehow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    Bad news. It looks like issue 5 will be the last issue of the Loki series

https://thelightofthingshopedfor.tum...post-well-****

It'strange that there's still been no announcement of the cancellation unless it was actually always going to be a mini series despite what otherwise was said. But scenarios are strange though. Hopefully they can still carry on Loki's story somehow.
    Well, we knew this was going to happen. But I really don't think this was just from sales, even if they were low. At least we have the Thor book.

Well that's disappointing. Though something still seems fishy about this. How it's ending on a flashback done-in-one rather than something that can tie up all the dangling plot threads it introduced. I dunno, something weird still feels like it's going on.

And we MIGHT have the Thor book. (and maybe Valkyrie, if my speculation about the Valhalla loophole pans out) I hope we do, I hope he appears for every issue of the run and has a major part, but it's far from a guarantee. He went THIRTY SEVEN issues before appearing in Aaron's run, remember. And after that, it was far from every issue that he showed up. I do realize that he was appearing in Young Avengers and Agent of Asgard at that time, which was part of the reason he never appeared, but still, having a solo doesn't mean you're barred from appearing in other books, so he could have appeared, he just didn't. I mean Thor showed up in Loki's book, just not the other way around. And it still showed that you can have 37 continuous issues of a Thor comic without Loki appearing once, and it will still work just fine, so it's not essential that he appear in the new run, either. My point is, if they're not throwing a hammer around, the chances of a character appearing in the Thor books is just dependent on the story, and that can change from arc to arc, even if they do happen to be Thor's troubled brother. A character could appear every issue, or not at all for years at a stretch. There are just so many Asgard related characters that it's simply not possible for them all to appear all the time, and that applies to Loki too. I don't want to be a downer, but it's best to be realistic about expectations in that regard, so you're not constantly disappointed if he doesn't show up or have something important to do. I do realize Loki's more likely to appear than most, due to being Thor's brother and all, and is traditionally a fairly major player, and we know he appears for at least one page of Cates' first issue, which bodes well. But still, on the other hand, 37 issues. Thor could go off on some cosmic journey and leave Asgard and everyone he knows behind for a long stretch the very next issue, we don't know. His solo was also his armor, as I've said before. Without that, the likelihood of him being reverted to just being the bad guy goes way up, if he does appear on a regular basis.

I have more faith in Cates treating him well than i would some other writers, his run on Dr Strange and how he handled Loki there earned him that. But still, it's a worry, it's not as though Cates is known for just maintaining status quo when given control over a character. Cates was not in control of Loki's direction when he wrote Dr Strange, he probably couldn't have moved him in a new direction or revert him even if he had wanted to, because it would have messed up Aaron's story, and the editor on Dr Strange is not the one in charge of the Asgard characters, so what they could have done there was limited in scope from the outset. Now he is in charge of him. (with he editors, of course) Fully and completely, now that the solo won't interfere. And while he could just continue on with Loki's current status, he could also either revert Loki, if he wanted to do the whole Loki vs Thor Thing, or take him on some total new direction that we can't anticipate. I mean.... look at Thor's new costume. While we don't yet know the context, so it could still be, as I suspect, a more mental/spiritual thing and not something that happens in the 'real' world, if Thor's getting that much of an overhaul, why would Loki be spared? A new direction may be good, or may be bad, impossible to predict. Reversion, i would find very disappointing.

Unrelated, and I hope Cates can maybe do this since it appears Kibblesmith may not be able to, and it was partly Cates' handling of Loki that led me to this conclusion anyway... but i think it would be really cool to give Loki an apprentice. i think it would be good for him, and I think he could be good at it. Though they both began their journeys into magic before Loki entered the picture, Loki taught both Wiccan and Zelma magic, after all. I know jokes were made about his teaching ability in Young Avengers, and I'm sure he's made some mistakes, but I think he' could actually be good at it, if it was a formal thing. He's got centuries of experience with magic that he can share, he's just got to work on his people skills to get them across. But he displayed a great deal of patience and kindness with Zelma, a step up from how he had taught Wiccan, and he seemed to treat her better than Dr Strange, lying about how he acquired the Sorcerer Supreme position aside. Hell, could just bring her back. She got written out of Strange's book. But more importantly, I think if this new apprentice was someone at risk of going down a similar path that he had, he could do a lot of good by speaking from experience and showing them a better way. It could make all the bad things he's done be put to use in a better way. anyway, yeah, just an idle thought I had.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-10-2019 at 05:19 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Well, we knew this was going to happen. But I really don't think this was just from sales, even if they were low. At least we have the Thor book.
    We didn't know this was going to happen just the possibility that it might happen, espeically since most things were pointing to Loki continuing. This has been a bit of a strange one since there's been no announcement of the series being cancelled. It seems like they are just letting the series end with issue 5 and that's it, which is weird. I'm not sure that had been done before on top of that looking at past comics that were cancelled usually the series is pulled even if they had solicts out for upcoming months.

It just all feels a little odd to me. We have pretty much confirmation it has ended but was it really cancelled or was there another reason we don't know of yet. My guess is the latter because as I said this doesn't seem like a normal cancellation to me.

All-New Member

Well that's a huge disappointment if it does turn out to be true it just feels really odd to me too. The only red flag I have is why would a marvel representative tell a random fan that its canceled before it could be officially announced by Daniel himself or Marvel. On top of it too anything can be made to look legit with an editing software like adobe. We just have to wait a little longer till after #5 comes out to hear anything, they could even be waiting till after it comes out. Or maybe #5 is the last of the series that is coming out this year I dunno. I did end up emailing kibblesmith from his website asking if there are any future plans for the Loki and if there's anything to worry about from the rumors. I doubt he'd be able to say anything because of contracts and secrecy but its worth a shot, I'd say just wait though till after the next one to comes out then start worrying then taking the word of a random person. If it does though get canceled this is a pretty crappy way of finding out.

I mean to be fair i don't think Marvel 'announces' cancellations, especially ones that are ending early, really, aside from maybe putting 'final issue!' in the final solicit, but not always. Usually confirmation does come in the form of a tweet or something. Presumably this is because it can cause people to drop the book prematurely to either trade wait or because they just figure it is a book that won't matter so can be ignored, and they want to get as many sales as possible. Same reason that until fairly recently, past 5 years or so, they have been cagey about saying when something is a mini or not. But it is very strange that Kibblesmith has said nothing, if one of his editors has, and all the other oddities previously noted.

If it is gone for good and there is no relaunch or something to take it's place, I think the best we can hope for is that this was done for story reasons because Cates wants the book with Thor and Loki as basically co-stars. Not totally out of the realm of possibility since this is kinda what happened with Cates' Dr Strange. Either with Thor off doing his thing in space or on the astral plane or whatever, (I dunno, it just feels super cosmic to me, i just have a strong hunch that most of the stuff with Thor will not not actually take place in Asgard or Midgard for a good chunk of it at least) leaving Loki behind to either help out or cause mischief (or a bit of both) in his absence, kind of alternating between them. Possibly it is Loki that sends Thor on whatever journey he's on with the aid of magic, though with the emphasis on Huginn and Muninn in the art, I have a hunch they are a key aspect here. Or alternately they are together and it's like a buddy cop thing where they have to learn to work together after all the troubles in the past between them. Leaning towards the former, with Loki joining the Avengers in Thor's absence. Hopefully legitimately and not another trick like in Dr Strange. But they could use the Sorcerer Supreme incident to sow doubt in the audience and characters, even if it is legit, and we kind of have to figure out if it's a trick or not as it progresses.

But that's' all just wishes and speculation, not much has been released, so there's no way to say for sure if that's the case or not, it could be something TOTALLY different. It's just the best case scenario, imo. Worst case scenarios still a possibility, or just plain things we can't even begin to guess at. But it would fit with all the Avengers teases we have gotten for Loki going back before his solo even started, and i could see that scenario fitting the pages that have been released. The pages could be read as Thor doing his All-Father thing and he becomes aware of some situation that needs dealing with, and telling Loki to watch over things, much to the rest of Asgard's shock, I'm sure. The hammer throw at his face could be a test of sorts. Then the page of the Avengers fighting the monster that gets exploded by Mjolnir is revealed the next page to have NOT been thrown by Thor, but by Loki. Hammer lifted as agreed, let me on the Avengers now, please. And then everyone has to figure out if it's a trick or not. But like i said, just guesses.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-10-2019 at 10:38 AM.

All-New Member

You’ve got a good point there; I was under the impression that they usually do kind of make an announcement. I didn’t even notice that they’ve been cagey about saying if somethings a mini or not, but that could be that I didn’t start reading the comics since Ragnarok came out in theaters so I probably wouldn’t be aware of Marvels shift in marketing. I wish I started early though because there was so much cool stuff going on in them and seeing the differences and similarities between the MCU and MU is interesting. I guess I’m just skeptical because this is the internet. I’m just wondering maybe with the first volume coming out in January and everything else they’re waiting to release new issues. Its just yeah all very strange.

Yeah if that’s really the case I’d agree that’s the most we can hope for in the meantime. Cates looks like he’s got a great hand in making comics maybe your right and he wants to use Thor and Loki for his story. I’d like to see that them having to team up and work through all the troubles they’ve had with each other though I wouldn’t be against Loki just taking Thors spot in the avengers. It does look like they are going to be a key aspect and aren’t Huginn and Muninn the eyes and ears of the All father? They then may help Thor keep an eye on everything while he’s on his journey.

And like you said it could be something completely different that we have no idea about and it’s not like we won’t have Loki in the comics. Just it would be a disappointment it only got five issues in and got axed. But your guesses don’t sound out of the range of possibilities, they would make pretty interesting stories that’s for sure, I know I’d enjoy reading them.

Huginn is "thought" and Muninn is "memory" which is part of why I think it might be an astral plane or mental type deal, explaining Thor growing his arm and eye back and his hair growing a few feet in length. From wikipedia: "Scholars have linked Odin's relation to Huginn and Muninn to shamanic practice. John Lindow relates Odin's ability to send his "thought" (Huginn) and "mind" (Muninn) to the trance-state journey of shamans. Lindow says the Grímnismál stanza where Odin worries about the return of Huginn and Muninn "would be consistent with the danger that the shaman faces on the trance-state journey."[20]"

So... yeah, it could fit. It may be that they could be delving into what happens during Odinsleep? (Thorsleep now, i guess?) I dunno, like i said, we have so little to go on that this is a lot of shots in the dark when my mind wanders. But I think it fits with what we have seen so far. This may also relate to the senility which is apparently creeping up on Odin, since that seems like a strange thing for Aaron to add in right at the end of his run, otherwise. Though it may explain some of Odin's more unhinged behaviour during Aaron's run as well. Donny Cates' God Country also dealt with Alzheimers pretty heavily, since the main character had it, and when he wielded the magic sword Valofax, it went away. (in addition to it granting him god like powers. It was very obviously a homage to Thor) so... If Thor is doing Odinsleep and on the astral plane or similar, it could also explain how Mjolnir is both there and on Midgard, the hammer in the art did look to be more of an energy construct rather than something made of metal. so yeah. Astral plane/shaman/odinsleep type deal, with Loki taking over while Thor's out of it, that's my big prediction, i guess. And In that scenario, I would imagine a lot of the characters as well as readers would think Loki induced it somehow, for some nefarious purpose, and if it were me, I'd make is a bit ambiguous at least at first to use that to my advantage. But if he had done that, and it was not something Thor asked for, it would pretty much ensure he would not be worthy of Mjolnir, so... I'd like to see Thor and Loki work together too, but I think the Astral Plane thing makes more sense with what we have seen so far.

ps. Speaking of God Country, (which you should read, it's beautiful) Cates has a thing with creating badass special weapons, like Valofax and Atomahawk. And given that first Loki lost Gram, which was like his signature weapon, but lasted not very long, and now with how Aaron's run ended with 'the Thor makes the hammer' and the whole thing with the Casket of Ancient Winters, which was not followed up on (at least not yet, i mean hasn't really been very long) and it being heavily hinted that Loki is on the verge of being worthy, despite all odds, I really hope Cates picks up the Casket of Ancient winters and 'makes the hammer' threads from the end of Aaron's run, and makes Loki a badass signature weapon that he can actually keep this time. Mjolnir first, because of the worthiness enchantment, to show everyone he's being a good boy, sure, i get that. But if the Thor makes the hammer, and presumably his brother will come back for his own hammer sooner or later, and hopefully not at the end of time all Ultronfied, (tho, if it does go cosmic, he may encounter Ultron, come to think of it, so that might have been a teaser for Cates' run. But hopefully in a way that can be fixed so it doesn't go like that at the end of time) so Loki will have to give Mjolnir back sooner or later, so... yeah, Gram was cool, and i mean he did make it, so it would actually kinda fit as his 'hammer' but it got wrecked so... needs a new one. And if it is to mirror Mjolnir, trapping a storm inside it would fit, and the Casket of Ancient Winters could accomplish that, it's just that it would be a snow storm rather than a thunder storm, but that would be fitting if he is a frost giant (even if he doesn't look it) and is now king of Jotunheim. This could also account for the somewhat odd wording in the solicit where it said the 'god of the storm' rather than Thor's more common 'god of thunder' even though 'god of the storm' could technically fit Thor. Might also tie in with the whole Black Winter thing. Thor gets the Mother Storm, Loki gets the Black Winter.

edited to add: pps. Speaking of the Black winter, and Cates' comment about it being a black metal vibe for his run, I mean. This did pop into my head after mentioning the Black Winter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxG5pjI8wLk

The video tho is I mean, both from an early album, their second full length, actually, that didn't have the best production, and it was posted over 10 years ago so the video/sound quality is hit again because it's from the early days of youtube, but... Black Winter Day, and it's from Amorphis' early black metal-ish phase. (they have had a lot of phases. from black metal to folk to jazz-infused metal complete with saxophone, to their current sort of proggy death-doom sound with folk influences, their name is very fitting, always changing. compare that to one from their most recent album and it's like, is it even the same band? they are one of my very favorites, no matter what they are doing <3) I think i will start adding to the playlist again, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...yi3b3AWHWQQAfF or start a new one for Cates' run, though if i do that i may carry some over from the old one. for now I added Black winter Day, Gojira's Gift of Guilt and that Disciples of Verity song Worthy, (apparently they have a new one coming out soon called 'Lying to Myself' which will probably be another good fit!) though haven't sorted them into place. need to remember which was the last official entry and where the placeholders begin. If anyone has suggestions, i am open to them. I lean metal, but whatever.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-11-2019 at 07:52 AM.