Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1583
    Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

So Captain Marvel 12 out this coming Wed., has Captain Marvel going against Thor. It has art by Lee Garbett. Is it too much to hope to see a panel or two of Loki by Garbett, since he was the AoA artist?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...el-12-preview/
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Maybe! I should get caught up on Captain Marvel, a few issues behind, but i liked it before that, jsut only so much time in a day to read comics, you know? but yeah, it would be nice to see Garbett drawing Loki again, and it could work with Thor there, tho i am not really expecting it too much.

Was just listening to some music this morning, decided to kinda dig into my library for some more obscure stuff, and came across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vn45JAGbQs i think i will add that to the playlist for one of Loki's songs too. Bonus for those who don't like it heavy, it's not metal. It's Atlantic/Celtic Punk/Rock..... It's a Canadian thing. It's good. Anyway, it's a while till January so beyond adding something for the next issue, (likely will try and find something from another Canadian gem, a Bluegrass band called the Dead South, due to the Western theme. they put out a new album a month ago, so it would be a good excuse to check it out. tho they did have one super catchy song go super-ultra-viral, (160 million views O.o) which might work too. which is part of why I do it, it kind of encourages me to break out of a musical rut i may have found myself in when i am just listening to the same stuff over and over) not much will be added so will likely just do as i said before and go pick a couple things from the Spotify Kibblesmith put together, or general Thor and Loki stuff.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-17-2019 at 11:10 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So Loki #5 is out tomorrow any word if it is the final issue?

there was some kind of DM from one of the editors saying it was ending, but I dunno, something weird about the whole situation. Guess we'll just have to see what comes in issue 5 and the solicits which should be hitting about the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    there was some kind of DM from one of the editors saying it was ending, but I dunno, something weird about the whole situation. Guess we'll just have to see what comes in issue 5 and the solicits which should be hitting about the same time
    Ah, okay. I though I didn't see it in December or January

yeah, there's nothing for it in December or January, yet Kibblesmith talks as if it is continuing, and the issues so far don't seem like they could be even remotely wrapped up in one more issue. It's weird. I think something is happening in Thor involving Loki, which may be causing the weirdness

yeah, there's nothing for it in December or January, yet Kibblesmith talks as if it is continuing, and the issues so far don't seem like they could be even remotely wrapped up in one more issue. It's weird. I think something is happening in Thor involving Loki, which may be causing the weirdness
    Intriguing... Hopefully we get answers soon, cuz my boy is pretty amazing and it would suck if another great Loki title was prematurely canceled

I mean i could be wrong, and it's just gone, and Loki doesn't have much of anything to do for a while. The situation just feels weird is all. I think at a bare minimum Loki will be joining the Avengers (or Avengers adjacent, like they make a Magic Avengers or something) soonish.

Spectacular Member

I see there was no preview for Loki #5, oh well it's out tomorrow but a preview would have been good. But some slightly good news Loki's sales increased from issue 3 to issue 4 by around 2000 copies, it's not much but it's good to see the increase in sales nonetheless.

I think we'll find out this week if it's been cancelled or not. I think Loki 5 would have something about it, the solicts are also coming out this week and if Loki isn't on there again it's almost a certainty it's been cancelled. Tbh I just want to know either way, yes I would be disappointed if it was cancelled but at least I would know. It's been two months of not knowing.

Spectacular Member

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...his-wednesday/

Yeah, it sucks and is weird that it never got a preview. Well, seems like Rich has read it, and I presume some retailers. That he does not call it the final issue, despite speculating it might be earlier, is kind of encouraging, though maybe doesn't mean anything.

Seems like maybe events are not 'official' until the Children of Eternity write them down in one of their books, the difference between fanon and canon, i guess. Guess I'll see tonight/tomorrow (I'm subbed so i get the book like 1 AMish)

Well, it was a fun issue, Loki is apparently why Wolverine calls everyone bub, they had a bar fight to catch some bank robbers, but a large chunk of the story took place in the present as Loki was locked up in the Raft for crimes unrevealed, which may or may not have happened, as he tells the story. But the letters page confirms that it was the final issue, sadly. But it ended with some possible teasers of things to come, or maybe just what might have been if it had continued, we will have to see if Cates picks up on any of the them to see which it is. I suspect the un-father stuff will be dropped, as I think that was likely a Loki specific thing, but he may pick up on the new god of chaos (tho spelled 'gxd' in the book, typo?) and secret of the Bifrost, since those are both things that could play into bigger picture Thor stuff, and that there is a new god of chaos, just unrevealed exactly who so far, (my money still on Balder) was set up in Aaron's run with the whole role musical chairs thing, and if Loki vacated his old role, someone has to fill it, just like all the other roles. Frost Giant rebellion, could go either way. It wrapped up exactly nothing in that regard. It wrapped up very little, really.

spoilers:
    And Loki has now decided that he is the god of outcasts, rather than stories, but will have to see if this sticks any more than stories did. Also, Verity is back, and she is a reporter now, and Loki took her on a new adventure. But again, remains to be seen if Cates will follow up on any of this.
    end of spoilers

Loki was in King Thor as well, but he didn't do a whole lot, he got rescued and had a book shoved in his hands, as Thor went to destroy Gorr, who is now the universe. So my guess is the universe will be reborn next issue, and Loki will have a part in writing it's beginnings.

Is it the last issue?

Get me off Wil Moss' wild ride!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well, it was a fun issue, Loki is apparently why Wolverine calls everyone bub, they had a bar fight to catch some bank robbers, but a large chunk of the story took place in the present as Loki was locked up in the Raft for crimes unrevealed, which may or may not have happened, as he tells the story. But the letters page confirms that it was the final issue, sadly. But it ended with some possible teasers of things to come, or maybe just what might have been if it had continued, we will have to see if Cates picks up on any of the them to see which it is. I suspect the un-father stuff will be dropped, as I think that was likely a Loki specific thing, but he may pick up on the new god of chaos (tho spelled 'gxd' in the book, typo?) and secret of the Bifrost, since those are both things that could play into bigger picture Thor stuff, and that there is a new god of chaos, just unrevealed exactly who so far, (my money still on Balder) was set up in Aaron's run with the whole role musical chairs thing, and if Loki vacated his old role, someone has to fill it, just like all the other roles. Frost Giant rebellion, could go either way. It wrapped up exactly nothing in that regard. It wrapped up very little, really.

spoilers:
    And Loki has now decided that he is the god of outcasts, rather than stories, but will have to see if this sticks any more than stories did. Also, Verity is back, and she is a reporter now, and Loki took her on a new adventure. But again, remains to be seen if Cates will follow up on any of this.
    end of spoilers

Loki was in King Thor as well, but he didn't do a whole lot, he got rescued and had a book shoved in his hands, as Thor went to destroy Gorr, who is now the universe. So my guess is the universe will be reborn next issue, and Loki will have a part in writing it's beginnings.
    Damn, I was worried it was the final issue.

Maybe once the Disney Plus series is out they'll bring back a solo for him