Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yeah, I like the idea of Spinnerette gym clothes, but it seems kinda weird.
    Come to think of it, with some touch-ups here and there, this might have been a better design for Spinneret than we got in the canon.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I love these variants with MJ because it's like all the heroes are friendly with her since she's Spider-Man's girlfriend. It's sorta reflective of how she's the most well known non-super woman at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I love these variants with MJ because it's like all the heroes are friendly with her since she's Spider-Man's girlfriend. It's sorta reflective of how she's the most well known non-super woman at Marvel.
    It's also why I wish more had been done with the time she owned her own nightclub. Could've had a lot of the heroes visiting her clubs to hang out and unwind and it could've been a major hub of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Come to think of it, with some touch-ups here and there, this might have been a better design for Spinneret than we got in the canon.
    I think if you combined the top and pants into a bodysuit it would work. Plus no bun or shorts .
    It's also why I wish more had been done with the time she owned her own nightclub. Could've had a lot of the heroes visiting her clubs to hang out and unwind and it could've been a major hub of the Marvel Universe.
    Yeah, that's the one MJ career that I felt could've had more mileage then it ended up having but it was also at a time at Marvel where there wasn't much of an effort or drive to spotlight Mary Jane.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if you combined the top and pants into a bodysuit it would work. Plus no bun or shorts .

Yeah, that's the one MJ career that I felt could've had more mileage then it ended up having but it was also at a time at Marvel where there wasn't much of an effort or drive to spotlight Mary Jane.
    and it was also a buildup on her party girl personality that Slott was implying that she didn't grow out of
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Pretty sure the Young Avengers went there for an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Pretty sure the Young Avengers went there for an issue.
    I don't think it was clear exactly what club they were in.

Maybe. The sports bra-style top would probably need to be be replaced with something more covering. While superheroines having costumes without sleeves or midriffs does happen and MJ does wear those kind of clothing, in the comic proper, she was shown to dress more conservatively during the timeframe of RYV then she did when she was younger (I mean, in that RYV issue where she and Peter go on a couple's vacation, she brought a one-piece swimsuit when I was actually expecting her to pack a bikini, given her previous tastes in swimwear and that it was a couple's thing). The blue marks might've worked. On the other hand, I did like that her actual costume was more of a color-altered version of Peter's suit then not; it kinda made them looked like they matched while still having their own takes.

I will agree that the shorts could look odd, depending on the angle (front on was best). Never had a problem with the bun, personally.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe. The sports bra-style top would probably need to be be replaced with something more covering. While superheroines having costumes without sleeves or midriffs does happen and MJ does wear those kind of clothing, in the comic proper, she was shown to dress more conservatively during the timeframe of RYV then she did when she was younger (I mean, in that RYV issue where she and Peter go on a couple's vacation, she brought a one-piece swimsuit when I was actually expecting her to pack a bikini, given her previous tastes in swimwear and that it was a couple's thing). The blue marks might've worked. On the other hand, I did like that her actual costume was more of a color-altered version of Peter's suit then not; it kinda made them looked like they matched while still having their own takes.
    That's why I said it would have to be a bodysuit with the top and pants connected if it were to be an actual Superhero costume.
    I will agree that the shorts could look odd, depending on the angle (front on was best). Never had a problem with the bun, personally.
    Front was okay. It also kind of depended on the artist, in my opinion.

The bun made sense as a "mom bun" or for the practical nature but visually it just was too plain in my opinion, especially compared to the visual of her with it either long or in a ponytail.

That's why I said it would have to be a bodysuit with the top and pants connected if it were to be an actual Superhero costume.
    Oh, sure.

Front was okay. It also kind of depended on the artist, in my opinion.
    Can see that. Course, by this point, that costume has defaulted enough to me that I basically just accept it as is.

The bun made sense as a "mom bun" or for the practical nature but visually it just was too plain in my opinion, especially compared to the visual of her with it either long or in a ponytail.
    I kinda liked the down style and ponytail better, but, at the end of the day, I think it all depended on the artists; some made it work, others did not. (Think the best one for the bun was one of the Spider-Geddon artists, whoever did the scene where the RYV Parkers meet the video game Spidey.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

I hope we will have a lettered preview for "Amazing Mary Jane #1" soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Oh, sure.

Can see that. Course, by this point, that costume has defaulted enough to me that I basically just accept it as is.

I kinda liked the down style and ponytail better, but, at the end of the day, I think it all depended on the artists; some made it work, others did not. (Think the best one for the bun was one of the Spider-Geddon artists, whoever did the scene where the RYV Parkers meet the video game Spidey.)
    Carlo Barberi, I think, since he was the one who did Spider-Geddon #3 when PS4/Insomniac Games' Spider-Man was brought into the fight by the Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I hope we will have a lettered preview for "Amazing Mary Jane #1" soon.
    Same.

MJ with Pete and the rest of the heroes!

BANNED

She's the only civilian on that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    She's the only civilian on that cover.
    Indeed she is. I noticed that fact as well.

Marvel Office c'mon just make her Spinnerette already and get it over with you know you want to, j/k maybe...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."