Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Marvel and their artists seems to enjoy MJ variants as much as I (and we all) do .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Black Widow-style agent, Cleopatra, who else can Mary Jane portray?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

You know the funny thing about Cleopatra is that she had red hair. Yet in that variant, she has the Liz Taylor look. The artist/writer missed a chance for a great historical gag there.

This is one of the surviving images of Cleopatra:
    https://external-preview.redd.it/0b_...=webp&e3b18f5b

And you can see she has red hair there. So MJ would make for a historically accurate Cleopatra.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    MJ as Cleopatra? I'd watch it .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You know the funny thing about Cleopatra is that she had red hair.
    So now you made me do a search of famous redheads, for MJ to portray. So Queen Elizabeth I was a redhead!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

You know the funny thing about Cleopatra is that she had red hair. Yet in that variant, she has the Liz Taylor look. The artist/writer missed a chance for a great historical gag there.

This is one of the surviving images of Cleopatra:
    https://external-preview.redd.it/0b_...=webp&e3b18f5b

And you can see she has red hair there. So MJ would make for a historically accurate Cleopatra.
    Mary Jane has a very different shade of red hair than what Cleopatra seemingly historically had though. Cleopatra had auburn colored hair, which was a mix of brown and red, whereas MJ has crimson or ginger red hair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Mary Jane has a very different shade of red hair than what Cleopatra seemingly historically had though.
    Well authors said she had that shade. And one picture shows her with that look (bear in mind old paintings like this with colors that fade and so on. So it might have been brighter red at one point).

Cleopatra had auburn colored hair, which was a mix of brown and red, whereas MJ has crimson or ginger red hair.
    That's like the difference between platinum blonde and honey blonde right? We'd still say both are blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So now you made me do a search of famous redheads, for MJ to portray. So Queen Elizabeth I was a redhead!
    As was the pirate Anne Bonny...who I think would be cooler and more appropriate for a working-class girl like MJ.

I wonder if that cover is a call back to 1963's film 'Cleopatra'?
    The movie had tons of costume changes, tons of production money tossed in, and was the top blockbuster movie of the year yet still lost money from it's first run due to production and marketing costs and reviews were not favorable. It would be a foreshadowing of MJ and Mysterio's work with MJ showcasing beauty, talent, and a huge variety of costumes on her and the high production costs and effects from Mysterio that would lead to both at first a perceived hit then a loss ('Status Quo' as always).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I wonder if that cover is a call back to 1963's film 'Cleopatra'?
    Of course it is.

The movie had tons of costume changes, tons of production money tossed in, and was the top blockbuster movie of the year yet still lost money from it's first run due to production and marketing costs and reviews were not favorable. It would be a foreshadowing of MJ and Mysterio's work with MJ showcasing beauty, talent, and a huge variety of costumes on her and the high production costs and effects from Mysterio that would lead to both at first a perceived hit then a loss ('Status Quo' as always).
    True...still if turns out to be a great movie like the 1963 Cleopatra is then it might be worth it.

As was the pirate Anne Bonny...who I think would be cooler and more appropriate for a working-class girl like MJ.
    MJ as a queen is awesome, but MJ as a pirate would be pretty fun .

MJ actually got some decent airtime in Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri. While their version is of course mostly based on Earth-65's, she actually uttered the "just hit the jackpot" line, in reference to Shuri helping the band to improve a song.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    MJ actually got some decent airtime in Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri. While their version is of course mostly based on Earth-65's, she actually uttered the "just hit the jackpot" line, in reference to Shuri helping the band to improve a song.
    Having watched it myself earlier this afternoon, I would not be surprised if there were some people who started shipping MJ and Shuri, at least one-sidedly on MJ's end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she said 70% of her catchphrase, which is probably more then I'm expecting from the actual Spider-Man cartoon at this point .
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Having watched it myself earlier this afternoon, I would not be surprised if there were some people who started shipping MJ and Shuri, at least one-sidedly on MJ's end.
    I know people can ship on the barest of interactions, but there didn't seem to be much of that from what I saw.