Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Red dress MJ .

Spectacular Member

The red dress in the water reminds me most of Kirsten Dunst for some reason

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    The red dress in the water reminds me most of Kirsten Dunst for some reason
    In comics MJ isn't famous for dressing in red whereas in Spider-Man 1, Kirsten Dunst wears red and pink in her major scenes...especially that red chinoiserie dress she wears in the parade...it's when she and Spider-Man first meet.

MJ's signature colors have always felt like black and red/blue to me...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    MJ's signature colors have always felt like black and red/blue to me...
    Yeah in the comics she hardly wears red a lot. The closest shade is that hot pink outfit she wore in the Wedding Annual when Peter takes her to the Empire State Building for the first time (which became their spot).

She usually wears a lot of orange beige and purple...most famous is that purple outfit she wore in the epilogue of The Night Gwen Stacy Died. That actually inspired Ultimate MJ who tended to wear a lot of purple.

Spectacular Member

it was also a bit in the face, the red dress is a big factor but the face it almost looks like Dunst on that one variant.

That kind of reminds me of the theory that Teresa ended up fulfilling the narrative role Zdarsky might have original had Mary Jane in mind for Spectacular.

That kind of reminds me of the theory that Teresa ended up fulfilling the narrative role Zdarsky might have original had Mary Jane in mind for Spectacular.
    In that case, he changed the story a lot for Teresa to be important, because the arc needs someone to work as a secret agent to work, and MJ would need a bunch of convoluted coincidences and/or accidents to have Teresa's role of "Oh I found files about some rogue SHIELD group trying to contain super heroes and I have stolen them".

Either way, it sucks that Teresa-related stuff is happening off-screen... But that's a complaint for another thread lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-15-2019 at 01:50 PM.

As Lukmendes points out, that would take a hell of a lot of tweaking to fit into the story. I think it's more likely she was going to be Peter's wife in the alternate timeline from the Amazing Fantasy arc.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    As Lukmendes points out, that would take a hell of a lot of tweaking to fit into the story. I think it's more likely she was going to be Peter's wife in the alternate timeline from the Amazing Fantasy arc.
    That would've been nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    In that case, he changed the story a lot for Teresa to be important, because the arc needs someone to work as a secret agent to work, and MJ would need a bunch of convoluted coincidences and/or accidents to have Teresa's role of "Oh I found files about some rogue SHIELD group trying to contain super heroes and I have stolen them".

Either way, it sucks that Teresa-related stuff is happening off-screen... But that's a complaint for another thread lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Fair enough.

I don't know about the AU though, if only because Zdarsky also seems to have a thing for Peter being married to Gwen.

Fair enough.

I don't know about the AU though, if only because Zdarsky also seems to have a thing for Peter being married to Gwen.
    I'm not sure if it's specifically that he prefers Peter with Gwen, it's just that both the AU in his Spectacular run and Life Story are following the basics of 616, even with the changes how some **** happens, so Peter meets and falls in love with Gwen, in Life Story she eventually dies, but the AU in Spectacular gave no reason for her to die since Norman stopped being a super villain (As in, not wearing costumes and being a direct threat).

Of course, the AU in Spectacular could've killed her off-screen, but if that happened then it wouldn't work, because Peter from that universe quit being Spidey to protect his loved ones, if Gwen was killed anyways, then he stopped for nothing, and if he chose to not be Spidey again even after that, then he would be an even bigger coward since he didn't go back even after seeing that people around him can die regardless of him being a hero or not.

So yeah, that doesn't prove that he doesn't prefer Peter with Gwen, it's just that with Life Story being kinda "616 but in real time" and with the AU in Spectacular being "616 but Peter gives up before college", he just couldn't not use Gwen, and since Gwen is "the first love of his life", there's no way for him to not marry her without her dying, not in 616-based universes that is.

Hm... Thinking of it, his Spectacular run has a plot hole in that timeline anyways, since 616 Peter arrives in that universe after ASM#10, since they deal with Norman's return a bit after arriving, which happened in ASM#23, and they leave after ASM#24, I mention all of this because in Master Planner trilogy, May got sick because of Peter's radioactive blood, and he needed ISO-36 to cure her, with that alternate Peter quitting so soon, it means Master Planner's events may have happened without her being cured, since Peter donated his radioactive blood in ASM#10, and Peter in that story quickly realized that it was his radioactive blood that made her sick, and it was thanks to his efforts she was saved, so it's quite possible she died off-screen because Peter did nothing... And bleak future or not, if that really happened, then this Peter is a piece of **** for letting his fears stop him from saving Aunt May, specially since he felt responsible.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking all of this and Zdarsky just didn't consider it, but it'd be odd in such case, since that universe being so similar to 616 is a plot point, it's used by everyone to get info on the Vedomi, and used by Teresa to confirm if she's a Parker or not, so ASM#10 would need to have happened too...

Also possible 616 Peter just cured her earlier on to save his younger counterpart-self the stress, he did make changes to try to make young! Peter's life easier after all, but that's a headcanon, a likely one though.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-16-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

MJ made a appearance in the history of the marvel universe 4. in a full page of the Clone Saga, no reference to her pregnancy, Cyclops and Jean wedding was shown, i was hoping the Peter Mj wedding gets a mention who knows, it be cool I doubt it, if the OMD deal gets mentioned. lol