Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really wish we had gotten more of Zoe Kravitz' MJ in Into the Spider-Verse.

Just from what little we saw I felt they got her look and voice down in a way we really haven't seen in an adaption in a long while, and after her speech in the movie it would've been nice to see her pay a more pivotal role then an awkward conversation with Jake Johnson's Spidey.
    I wish we could've gotten more with her alongside May and the other Spiders, but narratively I can see why that makes sense not to include her, because then you would have to have a much greater focus on Peter B. confronting her, and possibly how she would react to him, and that would just be another big thread the movie didn't really need to add onto. So they just relegated it to the diner scene, which allowed them to get the point across much faster and make it more comedic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I wish we could've gotten more with her alongside May and the other Spiders, but narratively I can see why that makes sense not to include her, because then you would have to have a much greater focus on Peter B. confronting her, and possibly how she would react to him, and that would just be another big thread the movie didn't really need to add onto. So they just relegated it to the diner scene, which allowed them to get the point across much faster and make it more comedic too.
    Aunt May stole hitting people with a baseball bat from her .

I can see what you're getting at but I think it would've been nice to have her with May organizing all the spider-people or at least have her contribute more to what's going on other then be at the gala of the man who murdered her husband and not do anything.

I guess it's also just a shame because I'm not sure if we'll see much more of her moving forward. The sequels and spinoffs will probably just have EmJay since we'll be focusing more on Miles and Gwen's stuff.

Mighty Member

They should give Zoe a larger role in the Spider-women spin-off that they're working on. Bring her in as an alt-u spinneret.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 04-16-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    They should give Zoe a larger role in the Spider-women spin-off that they're working on. Bring her in as an alt-u spinneret.
    It would be nice to see a female-led movie in the Spider-Man franchise have a prominent role for Mary Jane (and Felicia and Mayday too, while we're at it), but I'm not really expecting it...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be nice to see a female-led movie in the Spider-Man franchise have a prominent role for Mary Jane (and Felicia and Mayday too, while we're at it), but I'm not really expecting it...
    Yeah me neither. Which is a shame since MJ is easily the most iconic/recognizable female character in the Spider-Man universe (maybe Aunt May being the only exception).

BANNED

Life Story#2 has some crucial Peter/MJ moments

spoilers:
    I miss this kind of raw energy from MJ, people are way too sensitive to her getting angry at Peter sometimes, but occasionally he deserves these sorts of tellings off from the woman who knows him best...and Chip came up with a much better explanation for why MJ knows than just peering out the window
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Life Story#2 has some crucial Peter/MJ moments

spoilers:
    I miss this kind of raw energy from MJ, people are way too sensitive to her getting angry at Peter sometimes, but occasionally he deserves these sorts of tellings off from the woman who knows him best...and Chip came up with a much better explanation for why MJ knows than just peering out the window
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    it felt weird though Peter literally ask a question about Harry and she goes crazy why did she acted fake earlier when he first arrived? But hey at least she is rich by the end of this issue
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    it felt weird though Peter literally ask a question about Harry and she goes crazy why did she acted fake earlier when he first arrived? But hey at least she is rich by the end of this issue
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Perhaps this is where Parker Industries comes from in this?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Perhaps this is where Parker Industries comes from in this?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see that actually but since next issue is about secret wars and the black suit. I expect Black Cat next issue unsure how I feel about Mj relationship with Peter currently maybe next issue will make it feel better for me
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    I can see that actually but since next issue is about secret wars and the black suit. I expect Black Cat next issue unsure how I feel about Mj relationship with Peter currently maybe next issue will make it feel better for me
    end of spoilers
    If I remember right, spoilers:
    Chip said his take on Mary Jane is based off how he is with his ex-wife, who is also his closest friend, so it's possible Peter and MJ may marry and have a family, but divorce down the line but retain their closeness
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Chip said his take on Mary Jane is based off how he is with his ex-wife, who is also his closest friend, so it's possible Peter and MJ may marry and have a family, but divorce down the line but retain their closeness
    end of spoilers
    Chip Zdarsky clarified this on tumblr (http://zdarsky.tumblr.com/search/Mary+jane), he meant that he wanted to show Peter and MJ, at least in Slott's run in that time, as closest friends.

And in any case, as Life Story #2 shows, spoilers:
    Peter already has an ex-wife to take that role. Clone Gwen Stacy
    end of spoilers.

I recently read Hickman's Secret Wars and Zdarsky did a variant cover for it. Life Story #3 is going to be set in the 80s around Secret Wars which was the first comic that Zdarsky read as he said many times. So it's going to be his most personal one I think. He did a variant cover for Hickman which in most cases alludes to 616 status-quo at the time (Carol and Rhodey for instance) but check out Spider-Man on the wall, which is definitely not 616 at the time.

https://ultimatecomics.com/shop/vari...t-marvel-2015/

end of spoilers
    To be fair, that is what he said about writing her specifically in the FCBD issue of Spectacular, and that was nearly 2 years ago, so I assume with new continuity and time he may have a different approach to her. Not that I wouldn't be surprised if they do decide to take that route, but at this point anything goes.

how he is with his ex-wife, who is also his closest friend[/spoil]
    This is so soft.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25
    NICK SPENCER (W) • RYAN OTTLEY (A/C)
    Variant Cover by WALTER SIMONSON
    VARIANT COVER BY GREG SMALLWOOD
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY Dan Hipp
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
    POP CHART VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    • Year two of Nick Spencer, Ryan Ottley and Humberto Ramos’ run on ASM begins here!
    • In the giant-sized main story, Spider-Man and Mary Jane find themselves in an INCREDIBLY tough situation, thanks to Electro. Can Spidey save MJ? CAN MJ SAVE SPIDEY?
    • What is Mysterio cooking, and what does it have to do with the bandaged villain who has been on the periphery since #1?!
    • All this, plus a story by Dan Hipp (TEEN TITANS GO! Art Director), internet sensation Keaton Patti and MORE!
    72 PGS./Rated T …$7.99

Astonishing Member

Im glad MJ is looking more unique and less similar to Atom Eve