I loved the Gwen and MJ variant covers. The theme of it and that it wasn't one of those 1:10 or store exclusive stuff allowing many who wanted the cover to be able to have it. A variant showcasing a fun bunch of ideas that can tap the imagination of not just the artists and styles commissioned but also by those that see them. After the wonderful Gwen and MJ covers (which in turn also brought to life Gwen Poole who is a fun character and well made by her writer and artist team) I hoped that might become a theme of the female cast of Peter's have a moneth where they are various heroes of other worlds that we are seeing a window into. I had hoped Betty (a female in the cast that has been around longer than MJ or Gwen even), May, and Felicia getting a turn per new year in June-Aug month but that didn't happen (Gwen was 2016 June while MJ was July 2017 variant month theme but nobody this year).

Starting with Gwen my mind came up with some story ideas for a few varint Gwens shown (Cap Gwen, Thor Gwen, Hulk Gwen, Doctor Strange Gwen, and a few others) and MJ as well when her month theme came up. Thinking of ideas and questioning can be fun and once one come in it can be self generating.
I love the one's the others posted plus I enjoy the Phoenix MJ variant also.

I remember seeing a few rough work of the Iron Fist MJ (I LOVE seeing the art process when showcased including unused works). By Stephanie Hans (who is a amazing artist and each gal she has made look fantastic and expressive in her art)