Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
Hmmm, I just thought about something crazy.

I love the idea of a book focused on MJ, but the problem here is that, if she's going to end up trapped into some crazy plot from Mysterio or other villains, then I'm really worried about her survival. Don't get me wrong, you don't need powers to be a cool character; problem is, many times you NEED them to survive the crazy stuff of supervillains. That's why many "human girlfriends" of superheroes end up having their own powers; like Pepper Potts having an Iron Man's armor, or Jane Foster becoming worthy of Mjolnir.

Anyway, MJ can surely defend herself, as she proved some times during her marriage with Peter. Sadly, there are limits for this, as we could see in "Renew Your Vows" during the Secret Wars; where Venom trapped her and needed an advantage given by Peter to have a way to protect herself and Annie from Venom. So, I was thinking, do you remember Spider-Island? I know the cure was given to MJ before she turned into a werespider like the other citizens of New York; but the cure was also given to Anya Corazon, and somehow, she kept the powers. So, how about if in this book, by some unexpected twist, MJ's old spider powers reappear? I'm not saying she will end up in a costume just like that; but if she's trapped into somekind of plot of Mysterio, having a danger warning spider-sense and spider-strength will certainly be useful if Peter can't help her.
In regards to her possibly having some spider-powers I've thought about that from time-to-time, usually when those threads asking if anyone would be interested in a ''super-hero'' MJ came up but I do think it'd be interesting if they did the little twist you thought of, Ursalink. Don't see it happening but I wouldn't complain, at least not initially LOL.