Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1263

Look, if I had to say I'm probably an MJ as my favourite love interest guy too, but I think some people are just too insecure about even the possibility of ANY iteration of Peter getting together with Gwen. Like I don't get the idea that she (or anybody else for that matter) could NEVER get together with him no matter what, especially in AUs when they're literally working with a blank slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Look, if I had to say I'm probably an MJ as my favourite love interest guy too, but I think some people are just too insecure about even the possibility of ANY iteration of Peter getting together with Gwen. Like I don't get the idea that she (or anybody else for that matter) could NEVER get together with him no matter what, especially in AUs when they're literally working with a blank slate.
    AUs are fair game to go either way because they are blank slates, I just said that in Life Story and the AU in Zdarsky's Spectacular are based on 616, and that the Spectacular AU removed the biggest obstacles in their relationship, giving little to no reason in-universe for them to break up for MJ to have a chance.

Of course, maybe they could break up, maybe there could be something between Peter and Gwen that could be an issue in that Spectacular AU, but Zdarsky's seemingly just went with a simple "Gwen didn't die, so Gwen and Peter stay together" sort of logic, which as far as we've seen in 616, it looked like the route that would happen.

Either way, when's AMJ gonna be out again? Hopefully it's in this month...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Look, if I had to say I'm probably an MJ as my favourite love interest guy too, but I think some people are just too insecure about even the possibility of ANY iteration of Peter getting together with Gwen.
    It's not insecurity so much as Gwen being used as a cudgel by writers/editors (Mark Waid especially) to denigrate MJ. Basically, "they started it". It would be something if writers were basing this on something solid but you go back and read those issues and it becomes pretty obvious what was going on with Peter/Gwen...it was a relationship that only lasted because Stan Lee was putting the thumbs on the scale, and Gwen was a character lacks all consistency and coherence. The behind the scenes stuff confirms repeatedly that Gwen was never a very popular character. The reason her death had a reaction wasn't so much she died as the fact that it made Spider-Man look like a failure and so on. SO that provoked a sense of caveman's outrage among a generation of male fanboys.

Like I don't get the idea that she (or anybody else for that matter) could NEVER get together with him no matter what, especially in AUs when they're literally working with a blank slate.
    Peter/Gwen in AU have a rigid pattern established from the Fox Cartoon to Waid's House of M and continuing with Zdarsky's AU in Spectacular and to some extent in Life Story...basically Gwen Stacy provides Peter a path to upward mobility. If Peter married Gwen he would be rich, live it up, and have an American Dream kind of existence. Gwen doesn't really represent a character or a relationship but rather some sort of trophy which allows Peter to get it together.

In other words it just reinforces that Peter/Gwen's relationship is essentially empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Either way, when's AMJ gonna be out again? Hopefully it's in this month...
    Yup, next week, so expect the preview to drop later today.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't know why, but considering the movie MJ is working, it seems the movie is going to be a way of Mysterio to ridiculize Spidey or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know why, but considering the movie MJ is working, it seems the movie is going to be a way of Mysterio to ridiculize Spidey or something like that.
    I'm not sure about that, MJ and Peter were reading the script and rehearsing some lines, and they made no comment about it mocking Spidey, or possibly doing so.

Plus, anything that is meant to ridicule Spidey in hollywood should use the Amazing Lobster-Man

I'm not sure about that, MJ and Peter were reading the script and rehearsing some lines, and they made no comment about it mocking Spidey, or possibly doing so.

Plus, anything that is meant to ridicule Spidey in hollywood should use the Amazing Lobster-Man
    I forget if she wasn't supposed to realize what this movie was exactly about (a Mysterio biopic) until she actually showed up for it.

Astonishing Member

Have you forgotten that stupid actor wearing a Spider-Man's costume in the preview and in one of the covers? It can't be a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    yeah...you read your Superman comics
    Lori Lemaris
    they met in college
    she disguised herself as paralyzed woman in wheelchair, but she was really a mermad.
    more so i used Wikipedia but i do remember that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Have you forgotten that stupid actor wearing a Spider-Man's costume in the preview and in one of the covers? It can't be a coincidence.
    peter cant get money off of himself too right he doesnt own his licensing rights

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget if she wasn't supposed to realize what this movie was exactly about (a Mysterio biopic) until she actually showed up for it.
    Well, so far there's no hint that she knows who's behind it, but she'll probably find out in her comic.

I'm not one to trust covers lol.

Like, Adjectiveless Spider-Man#1 is a very recent example of covers lying.

last onethick.jpg

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That Spidey actor's dialog is a callback to Gwen's death?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES