Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No it was always a 5 issue mini.
    ok gotcha i wonder why Peter would be mad at her hollywood adventure
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ok gotcha i wonder why Peter would be mad at her hollywood adventure
    Because she found out she was actually working with Mysterio and continued working with him anyway, without telling Peter. At some point she will have to tell him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    Because she found out she was actually working with Mysterio and continued working with him anyway, without telling Peter. At some point she will have to tell him.
    Pretty much, yeah. I could see that being a serious sore spot with him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Attachment 89569

AMAZING MARY JANE #5

Leah Williams (W) • Carlos Gómez (A) • Cover by Humberto Ramos

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

GWEN STACY VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

CUT?!

All that stands between MJ and Mysterio’s ragtag crew and filming their climactic battle scene is…well, VULTURE, STEGRON, TARANTULA, KING COBRA, RHINO, and SCORPION!
    If this is Mary Jane’s last chance to realize her dreams, you can bet she’s going to fight like a tiger–or a spider!
    Will filming ever wrap? Will Mary Jane ever go home to the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN? And can Peter forgive her for her Hollywood team up?
    This is something I suspected from a long time, but... Do you think this means Mary Jane's Spider-Powers (the ones she got in Spider-Island) are about to resurface?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This is something I suspected from a long time, but... Do you think this means Mary Jane's Spider-Powers (the ones she got in Spider-Island) are about to resurface?
    hihgly doubt it she could use some type of web shooters though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

hihgly doubt it she could use some type of web shooters though
    Using just web shooters won't be enough against this "Savage 6". Also, I understand your doubts, but Mary Jane's infection was quite different from the rest of New York. I mean, she was the very last habitant to gain powers (because of years of being "close" to Peter). She was injected with the cure before she transformed into a were-spider, and some of the ones who were "cured" (like Anya Corazon) actually gained permanent and stable powers. Why not MJ?

Using just web shooters won't be enough against this "Savage 6". Also, I understand your doubts, but Mary Jane's infection was quite different from the rest of New York. I mean, she was the very last habitant to gain powers (because of years of being "close" to Peter). She was injected with the cure before she transformed into a were-spider, and some of the ones who were "cured" (like Anya Corazon) actually gained permanent and stable powers. Why not MJ?
    Anya herself already had powers before, which is probably why the cure didn't wipe out her powers, MJ had Peter's goop just delaying her giant spider transformation, so there isn't any reason for her to keep the powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Anya herself already had powers before, which is probably why the cure didn't wipe out her powers, MJ had Peter's goop just delaying her giant spider transformation, so there isn't any reason for her to keep the powers.
    Peter's goop? Sorry, but I don't get that.

Also, Anya's powers had a different origin the first time (a magical tatto in her arm). A villain took her arm (such brutality) and she lost her powers. (I don't know how she got her arm back, thought). So, first time was magic, and next one was science. There's no real reason for Anya to have kept her new powers, and yet, she did. So, it could be more cases, like MJ.

She didn't lose her arm. The tattoo formed a carapace armor, and that's what was ripped off her. She never got it back and was depowered until Spider-Island.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-21-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Peter's goop? Sorry, but I don't get that.
    His fluids, saliva and/or semen.

Also, Anya's powers had a different origin the first time (a magical tatto in her arm). A villain took her arm (such brutality) and she lost her powers. (I don't know how she got her arm back, thought). So, first time was magic, and next one was science. There's no real reason for Anya to have kept her new powers, and yet, she did. So, it could be more cases, like MJ.
    She never lost her arm, that was some alternate counterpart that doesn't matter.

Anyways, even if the origin is different, you can still argue that, magic or not, her body still had it, so getting a new spider power would be harder to remove on her than the rest because of some stronger "bonding".

Of course, that's more headcanon than anything, but it's the best way to explain why she's the only one who got to keep her powers with in-universe logic.

Comparing Anya with MJ is still apples and oranges anyways, since MJ's was just delayed because Peter's goop delays Spider powers for whatever reason, she's no different from anyone else from NY who got Spider-Powers.

I think the explanation is down to the spider-totem concept. Anya didn't stop being one when she lost her original powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She didn't lose her arm. The tattoo formed a carapace armor, and that's what was ripped off her. She never got it back and was depowered until Spider-Island.
    Sorry, pal. But there was a villain who, somehow, ripped Anya's arm to absorb her powers. The tattoo didn't just give her the carapace armor, she also allowed her to have the "Spirit of the Hunter", wallcrawling and some other stuff.

Sorry, pal. But there was a villain who, somehow, ripped Anya's arm to absorb her powers.
    Again, that was some other counterpart, it wasn't 616 Anya.

Wiki lists that one as from Earth-6215: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Anya_...n_(Earth-6215)

If you mean the villain who ripped off her Carapace and made her lose her powers, that was in Ms. Marvel#12 vol 2:

But either way, I don't see MJ getting those powers back aside from some story arc like Spider-Island, and she's definitely not keeping them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Comparing Anya with MJ is still apples and oranges anyways, since MJ's was just delayed because Peter's goop delays Spider powers for whatever reason, she's no different from anyone else from NY who got Spider-Powers.
    Not really, honestly. I see it similar to She-Hulk's case. I mean, she gained her powers because of a blood transfusion from Bruce, with turned her into She-Hulk. Her similar DNA because of being relatives allowed Jennifer to have better control of the Gamma Power. (At least, until now with that horrendus bulked version of She-Hulk). MJ's proximity to Peter, the original source of the infection, could have allowed her to build some "immunity" to the infection and create somekind of "symbiotic relationship". If Aunt May would have been infected too, maybe it would have found a "symbiotic relationship" with the infection too.

Cover for The Amazing Mary Jane #5