Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Not really, honestly. I see it similar to She-Hulk's case. I mean, she gained her powers because of a blood transfusion from Bruce, with turned her into She-Hulk. Her similar DNA because of being relatives allowed Jennifer to have better control of the Gamma Power. (At least, until now with that horrendus bulked version of She-Hulk). MJ's proximity to Peter, the original source of the infection, could have allowed her to build some "immunity" to the infection and create somekind of "symbiotic relationship". If Aunt May would have been infected too, maybe it would have found a "symbiotic relationship" with the infection too.
    But Peter's goop makes one more resistant to getting Spider-Powers if MJ is any hint, unlike Banner's where his blood gives powers, so it's not comparable too.

Look, I know you want MJ to have powers, and if writers really wanted to, they could could retcon and say that the cure only supressed the Spider-Powers, and that they'll return after a while, and without the risk of her becoming a giant spider to boot, and if that happens, or something similar, then we have have a Spider-MJ, but otherwise, there's nothing about MJ getting Spider-Powers that made her different, Peter's goop delaying 'em aside.

Plus, if MJ were to get 'em, I'm sure Marvel wouldn't use Spider-Island, because MJ getting/keeping those powers from what is possibly from Peter's jizz is... Questionable, to say the least, would be hilarious though, but not something that should officially be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cover for The Amazing Mary Jane #5

Holy **** that's some Joker-like smile.

Seriously, MJ looks kinda scary, it's kinda like Peter in ASM#122, after Gwen died, Peter looked so pissed he was scarier without the mask, this MJ smiling like the Joker is in a similar situation

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Seriously, MJ looks kinda scary, it's kinda like Peter in ASM#122, after Gwen died, Peter looked so pissed he was scarier without the mask, this MJ smiling like the Joker is in a similar situation
    Not to mention I think her chest looks like it's gotten an upgrade. Either that or she's not wearing a bra .

Astonishing Member

But Peter's goop makes one more resistant to getting Spider-Powers if MJ is any hint, unlike Banner's where his blood gives powers, so it's not comparable too.

Look, I know you want MJ to have powers, and if writers really wanted to, they could could retcon and say that the cure only supressed the Spider-Powers, and that they'll return after a while, and without the risk of her becoming a giant spider to boot, and if that happens, or something similar, then we have have a Spider-MJ, but otherwise, there's nothing about MJ getting Spider-Powers that made her different, Peter's goop delaying 'em aside.

Plus, if MJ were to get 'em, I'm sure Marvel wouldn't use Spider-Island, because MJ getting/keeping those powers from what is possibly from Peter's jizz is... Questionable, to say the least, would be hilarious though, but not something that should officially be happening.

1º) Pal, it's not like I wanted her to get powers, but being at his own surrounded by some of Peter's deadliest enemies and no real superhero close to help her, make it VERY difficult for her to survive. She's a resourceful, strong and independient woman; but for some situations she ends up trapped, it's really difficult for a simple human to survive it. That's why I have the idea of MJ regaining her spider-powers, to make logical for her to survive these craziness.

2º) I don't deny her smile is a little "exaggerated", but "Joker's style"? Get out of town, pal! I have seen that maniac's smiles more time that I would want, and MJ's smile has nothing to do with that.

Not to mention I think her chest looks like it's gotten an upgrade. Either that or she's not wearing a bra .
    Eh, it's a cover, they make women get bigger boobs and/or asses.

Hell, Spider-Gwen is another one who's like that, with her bigger thighs and ass in a cover, even though in the comic itself, they're skinny:

Also, also I'm pretty sure both of her feet and maybe her spine are broken

Edit:

1º) Pal, it's not like I wanted her to get powers, but being at his own surrounded by some of Peter's deadliest enemies and no real superhero close to help her, make it VERY difficult for her to survive. She's a resourceful, strong and independient woman; but for some situations she ends up trapped, it's really difficult for a simple human to survive it. That's why I have the idea of MJ regaining her spider-powers, to make logical for her to survive these craziness.
    She hardly even deals with those supower powered types, and the few times she does, she's clever and resourceful, and runs the **** away if it's too much, so she doesn't need powers since not only she doesn't tend to be in these kinds of situations, when she does she's good enough to deal with 'em, usually.

2º) I don't deny her smile is a little "exaggerated", but "Joker's style"? Get out of town, pal! I have seen that maniac's smiles more time that I would want, and MJ's smile has nothing to do with that.
    If it was just the large grin, sure, but she's also with those "crazy eyes", which immediately made me think of Joker.

Only thing she's lacking, are oversized and detailed yellow teeth, but it's close enough lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-21-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

She hardly even deals with those supower powered types, and the few times she does, she's clever and resourceful, and runs the **** away if it's too much, so she doesn't need powers since not only she doesn't tend to be in these kinds of situations, when she does she's good enough to deal with 'em, usually.
    Have you forgotten what happened after the end of the original Superior Spider-Man? MJ was really tired of this crazy world of superheroes and supervillains and just wanted a normal life. So she moved to Chicago and opened a club, only to be smashed by Iron Man and one of his villains (I can't remember which one). And when Norman Osborn, as the Red Goblin, attacked Peter's closed one, MJ had an Iron Man's glove to fight back.

Like it or not, this is the Marvel's world. A place where, no matter the place, you can end up trapped in a "super-fight" when you less expect. And if one of them comes for you, sure; you can be smart enough to escape and survive. But luck doesn't last forever. So if you have your own powers, even if you are no "super", you have better chances to survive next.

Have you forgotten what happened after the end of the original Superior Spider-Man? MJ was really tired of this crazy world of superheroes and supervillains and just wanted a normal life. So she moved to Chicago and opened a club, only to be smashed by Iron Man and one of his villains (I can't remember which one). And when Norman Osborn, as the Red Goblin, attacked Peter's closed one, MJ had an Iron Man's glove to fight back.
    Superior has little to do with your point, since if she had powers or not, she'd have walked out just because she didn't want to deal with that kind of crap anymore.

Red Goblin is a case of her having to deal with super powered types, which I did mention it happens, and that shows her being smart and prepared for it, of course, having Tony's tech was a huge deal too.

Like it or not, this is the Marvel's world. A place where, no matter the place, you can end up trapped in a "super-fight" when you less expect. And if one of them comes for you, sure; you can be smart enough to escape and survive. But luck doesn't last forever. So if you have your own powers, even if you are no "super", you have better chances to survive next.
    And I'm not denying that having powers would help out, but MJ hardly ever has to deal with that kind of ****, when she does, she tends to avoid being a damsel in distress, so giving her powers wouldn't be doing much to her character, besides making her stronger.

Astonishing Member

And I'm not denying that having powers would help out, but MJ hardly ever has to deal with that kind of ****, when she does, she tends to avoid being a damsel in distress, so giving her powers wouldn't be doing much to her character, besides making her stronger.
    MJ is quite strong by her own, that I agree completely, but if she had Spider-Sense, for example, she could easily see troubles incoming and get safe.

Besides, you have to admit, when MJ came to the rescue of the people in that church during "Spider-Island", she looked really good as a heroine, even without a suit.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Mary Jane as drawn by Carlos Gómez in Amazing Mary Jane #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

She looks absolutely stunning .

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

I'm surprised that no one made jokes about MJ's comment about the suit ripping twice lol.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

She looks absolutely stunning .
    Appropriately keeping within the spirit of John Romita Sr.'s original art of course.

I'm surprised that no one made jokes about MJ's comment about the suit ripping twice lol.
    i mean she worn less should we be surprised?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Also, also I'm pretty sure both of her feet and maybe her spine are broken
    Doing a quick look at gymnasts' poses, I think that is doable for her spine; her feet yeah unless her footwear is floppy and oversized for some reason they might be at the breaking point.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That's just Ramos. He always draws her like that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's just Ramos. He always draws her like that.
    his art is either a yay or nay for me
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy