Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1197
  1. #1081
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Like her:

    Hm... Alright, I see potential, she'd just need a good reason to decide to become a super-hero, since she didn't show interest in that, not even when she was suspecting Peter is Spidey, since she was worried he'd get hurt and all.

    Then again, she was beaten by her husband, that could be used, at least as a start.

  2. #1082
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Like her:

    Good point. Jessica Cruz spent years locked up in her room and suffered from anxiety. She's now a certified badass, check out recent issues of Justice League Odyssey to see what I mean by that. It was a gradual change during the Green Lanterns series.

    Being shy or having low self-esteem doesn't stop a person becoming a hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if they remember Betty's weapons training ...

    I guess it would be her first "anti-heroine" identity since it's Black Cat she's meant to be...although that Terry Dodson variant cover indicates burglary isn't MJ's first choice of career .
    Betty doesn't need powers to be a hero. She's Marvel's equivalent of Lois Lane. She just isn't as popular because she isn't the primary love interest to her book's title character like Lois is.

  3. #1083
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    I was not expecting a Jessica Cruz mention in this thread .

  4. #1084
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,227

    Default

    I feel like this thread has gotten way off track.

    Any good MJ appearances besides her current mini these days?

  5. #1085
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I feel like this thread has gotten way off track.

    Any good MJ appearances besides her current mini these days?
    Doesn't seem like she's ever going to show up in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

  6. #1086
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't seem like she's ever going to show up in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.
    I stopped watching that show. For better or worse, I don't think that show is going to be remembered much once it ends.

  7. #1087
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I stopped watching that show. For better or worse, I don't think that show is going to be remembered much once it ends.
    Let me put it in perspective.

    Peter for plot reasons ends up forced to go to a school where we know she goes to and he knows her by name, but never once does she actually appear. We see voiceless cameos from other Midtown kids he knows, but they never address her at all.

    But they do have time to introduce Anna Maria Marconi and develop her whole love story with Doc Ock.

  8. #1088
    Fantastic Member Yvonmukluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let me put it in perspective.

    Peter for plot reasons ends up forced to go to a school where we know she goes to and he knows her by name, but never once does she actually appear. We see voiceless cameos from other Midtown kids he knows, but they never address her at all.

    But they do have time to introduce Anna Maria Marconi and develop her whole love story with Doc Ock.
    Didn't she appear once...in a mascot costume in a non-speaking role?

  9. #1089
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Didn't she appear once...in a mascot costume in a non-speaking role?
    Yeah. But apparently the writers had no plans for her beyond that so I'm not sure why they even bothered.

  10. #1090
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Betty doesn't need powers to be a hero. She's Marvel's equivalent of Lois Lane. She just isn't as popular because she isn't the primary love interest to her book's title character like Lois is.
    That, and her personality isn't as interesting as Lois'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. But apparently the writers had no plans for her beyond that so I'm not sure why they even bothered.
    Probably wanted to tease fans with the possibility that someday, eventually, they may use her, even if they didn't plan on doing so.

    Or maybe they just left her there to maybe use someday, but never thought of it.

    Wonder what they'd do if she was used, would she become a super genius too? Lol.

  11. #1091
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let me put it in perspective.

    Peter for plot reasons ends up forced to go to a school where we know she goes to and he knows her by name, but never once does she actually appear. We see voiceless cameos from other Midtown kids he knows, but they never address her at all.

    But they do have time to introduce Anna Maria Marconi and develop her whole love story with Doc Ock.
    Again, I don't think this show is going to be remembered much once it is over. I barely see it discussed much now while it's on. It's a modern version of the 1981 series (that series was overshadowed by Amazing Friends).

    Would MJ have helped this show if she had actually appeared? Possibly. At the very least she might not have been as dull as the regular characters we got in this show. Or maybe she would have been just as dull as everyone else.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 11-19-2019 at 11:06 AM.

  12. #1092
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Again, I don't think this show is going to be remembered much once it is over. I barely see it discussed much now while it's on. It's a modern version of the 1981 series (that series was overshadowed by Amazing Friends).

    Would MJ have helped this show if she had actually appeared? Possibly. At the very least she might not have been as dull as the regular characters we got in this show.
    I'm not too entirely sure about that. With how the other characters have been portrayed in this series I feel that Mary Jane would get a similar treatment. I THINK she had a presence in the last animated series...but I don't think Mary Jane has been treated as a major character in animation since the 94 series...

  13. #1093
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Would MJ have helped this show if she had actually appeared? Possibly. At the very least she might not have been as dull as the regular characters we got in this show. Or maybe she would have been just as dull as everyone else.
    The show barely has any romance and barely utilizes it's supporting cast as is. Really, I don't see how they could have given MJ a significant role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm not too entirely sure about that. With how the other characters have been portrayed in this series I feel that Mary Jane would get a similar treatment. I THINK she had a presence in the last animated series...but I don't think Mary Jane has been treated as a major character in animation since the 94 series...
    She was a significant character in the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man but they kept downplaying her the longer that series went along. It wasn't until the last stretch that they actually had her be relevant again but then they needed to turn her into a Superhero to make her a main character.

    She was a major supporting character in the MTV cartoon, and in Spec even when she wasn't the love interest.

  14. #1094
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,227

    Default

    I found the show and the characters dull. And as I said, MJ could have easily been as dull as everyone else.

    I don't think the show is going to be remembered much when it's over. It's barely remembered now while it's still on.

  15. #1095
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That, and her personality isn't as interesting as Lois'.
    If we depict her as a straight-laced reporter.

    When Betty's a crazy person, then she really takes off .
    Probably wanted to tease fans with the possibility that someday, eventually, they may use her, even if they didn't plan on doing so.
    A fan asked at a panel if all the "classic" characters would show up, including her, and they said they would all appear eventually...I guess they counted what was b
    Wonder what they'd do if she was used, would she become a super genius too? Lol.
    I kept assuming a reporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I found the show and the characters dull. And as I said, MJ could have easily been as dull as everyone else.
    I think the characters with the most personality are Peter, Harry, and Doc Ock, and they're probably the only characters the show really extensively developed.
    I don't think the show is going to be remembered much when it's over. It's barely remembered now while it's still on.
    I think it'll be remembered as the first piece of Spider-Man media to properly adapt Superior.

    And maybe for the first animated appearance of Anya Corazon as Spider-Girl.

    Of course it could also be remembered for all it's squandered potential...but I'd like to think it'll be better remembered then USM on principle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •