Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That Spidey actor's dialog is a callback to Gwen's death?
    seems like this whole movie is a shot at spidey fails
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Seems to be a bit of a dig, yeah, considering the whole "women in refrigerators" bit they're talking about.

It's a reference to it, yes, but Peter wasn't being this melodramatic when she died

https://i.imgur.com/3kkeo48.png

https://i.imgur.com/lnzItDl.png

https://i.imgur.com/na1C40r.png

https://i.imgur.com/PCdx39U.png

Then again, I guess they wanted to make the reference obvious.

It's odd that MJ is saying her dialogue is bad now, since in ASM#29 she says it's good, unless they changed the script afterwards.

Also, I think MJ had similar complaints about her character during that "Lobster-Man" part of JMS' run, y'know, being just a female character with no motivation, she's consistent if anything if so lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's odd that MJ is saying her dialogue is bad now, since in ASM#29 she says it's good, unless they changed the script afterwards.
    It's for a "sizzle reel" which is a kind of test promo footage. The dialogue is of a lower quality than before, as is the production standards of the entire gig.

Also, I think MJ had similar complaints about her character during that "Lobster-Man" part of JMS' run, y'know, being just a female character with no motivation, she's consistent if anything if so lol.
    MJ as an actress has always been used as a meta-commentary about her. Whether in JMS, or Roger Stern's sketch in The Many Loves of Spider-Man and so on.

Astonishing Member

Indeed. Another proof that this movie is an insult and a mock to Spider-Man.

I love how the number of criminals working on set isn't what sets her off it's that she feels she's she's being devalued as lead actress. MJ knows where her priorities are .

Art looks top-notch, dialogue is snappy, MJ sounds like MJ. Can't wait to read it .

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's for a "sizzle reel" which is a kind of test promo footage. The dialogue is of a lower quality than before, as is the production standards of the entire gig.
    Hm, if it's like a "prototype" and not the real thing, then I don't see much point in her complaining.

Then again, we do have her being grabbed by that Otto and immediately asking for help, not even Otto with the robotic tentacle arms, just his normal arms, dialogue in a situation like that would probably remain bad lol.

MJ as an actress has always been used as a meta-commentary about her. Whether in JMS, or Roger Stern's sketch in The Many Loves of Spider-Man and so on.
    Well, they're consistent about the commentary in a way that keeps this trait consistent, so it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how the number of criminals working on set isn't what sets her off it's that she feels she's she's being devalued as lead actress. MJ knows where her priorities are .
    Villains redeeming themselves, or at least trying to, are kinda common enough for her to not worry about it I guess lol.

She should at least be suspicious of the place having so many villains, but maybe she is and previews just didn't show it, but then again, she does say that the guy has credibility and part of the reason she didn't think too much on it...

Art looks top-notch, dialogue is snappy, MJ sounds like MJ. Can't wait to read it .
    Yeah, it looks good, hopefully the whole mini is fun.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Looks really Immomen-esque!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Looks really Immomen-esque!
    Especially New Avengers Immonen.

First issue is out. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

My MJ variant game so far!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    My MJ variant game so far!

Nice collection .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

AMAZING MARY JANE #4
    Leah Williams (W) • Carlos Gómez (A) • Cover by Humberto Ramos
    VARIANT COVER BY RIAN GONZALES
    What happened to “Spider-Man”?
    • Despite the SAVAGE SIX’S ongoing assaults, the show goes on! With a little help from some amazing friends.
    • MARY JANE and MYSTERIO are bonding under battlefield filming conditions, but their Spider-Man can’t take it!
    • Where did he go? And WHO could POSSIBLY replace him?! And how will THEY feel about Team MJ-STERIO?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

AMAZING MARY JANE #4
    Leah Williams (W) • Carlos Gómez (A) • Cover by Humberto Ramos
    VARIANT COVER BY RIAN GONZALES
    What happened to “Spider-Man”?
    • Despite the SAVAGE SIX’S ongoing assaults, the show goes on! With a little help from some amazing friends.
    • MARY JANE and MYSTERIO are bonding under battlefield filming conditions, but their Spider-Man can’t take it!
    • Where did he go? And WHO could POSSIBLY replace him?! And how will THEY feel about Team MJ-STERIO?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    mj has a big bust
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Finally got a chance to read AMJ#1 last night, and while fun, it didn't really promise too much. I know Williams is writing from her own experience, but it feels like MJ gets too much control and influence too quickly, not to mention trusting Mysterio (and not telling Peter) too quickly.

The dance party phone call was cute, but confusing to switch between Peter being Spidey and Peter just being at the store - couldn't tell if it was a flashback, or a quick change, or just a fantasy.