Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
I dunno. For all the drama and annoying fan reaction that surrounded it, I don't think Superior is going to be one of the defining Spider-Man stories going forward. Probably because it's too far outside the standard Doc Ock story. (That isn't to say it's going to be completely forgotten or anything.)
I mean, with all the fans who complained about them reverting Otto to Dock Ock again, it seems like it struck a major chord...but while I think most adaptions will default to traditional villain Ock, I think Superior at least stands as a major story you can do with him now.
Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places or following the right people. This is really the only Spider-Man place I am around online. But I hardly see it brought up on social media. I have a fairly decent idea of what happened in the Duck Tales reboot or Gravity Falls back in its day despite not totally keeping up with them (or even watching an episode of Gravity Falls at all). It just doesn't seem all that popular outside of its bubble, but maybe I'm way off-base and its an incredibly popular show. (I just thought it was really dull.)
I've seen fan art on Twitter and Tumblr. Does that count ?
That definitely feels like Slott's influence over the show. If it makes you feel better, the next Spidey show should be heavily influenced by Nick Spencer and whoever comes after him.
I don't think that's a guarantee. I think Slott's influence was mainly because he was a creative consultant on the show, something I don't think Spencer would be on the following cartoon.

If anything the next Spider-Man cartoon may just have a more broader focus in terms of the stuff they draw from.
If they had MJ in this show and had her become Spinneret, would that make you feel better?
I don't prefer MJ as a Superhero, but if it at least means they focus on her...maybe? But they barely do anything with the Spider-Heroes they already focus on, so that might not have worked out anyways.

I'm not sure if the Spinneret design would look good animated as well.
Seems kinda late for that.
Well, all the MCU-based cartoons are ending so there's at least the hope the next slate of cartoons won't be as dominated by that (aside from What If, obviously).
Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
Thing is that, her crazyness is gone, now she's just "Lois Lane, minus sassiness".
Granted, she hasn't gotten a lot of focus lately...but put her in a relationship with someone and watch sparks fly .
The dozens of Anya's fans were happy I guess
I know Spider-Chan was.
There's the thing where even negative publicity can be seen as a good thing.

Hell, it's why Clone Saga gets trade paperbacks, there's probably plenty of people who buy it to see why most people hate it.
To be honest, I don't see people bring up USM much these days either.
To be fair, I'm not sure if losing AEMH is that much of a loss, season 1 was pretty good, but season 2 was must meh in everything except the Skrull invasion, and then that finale with Galactus... Yeah, maybe season 3 could be good though, but with how much season 2 dropped the quality, I'd have some doubts.
I thought EMH was still pretty strong in it's second season. The quality faltered when Man of Action got brought in to take over but the overall quality still felt leagues ahead of what we ended up getting on Avengers Assemble, which I think speaks to the show's pedigree.