Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I dunno. For all the drama and annoying fan reaction that surrounded it, I don't think Superior is going to be one of the defining Spider-Man stories going forward. Probably because it's too far outside the standard Doc Ock story. (That isn't to say it's going to be completely forgotten or anything.)
    I mean, with all the fans who complained about them reverting Otto to Dock Ock again, it seems like it struck a major chord...but while I think most adaptions will default to traditional villain Ock, I think Superior at least stands as a major story you can do with him now.
    Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places or following the right people. This is really the only Spider-Man place I am around online. But I hardly see it brought up on social media. I have a fairly decent idea of what happened in the Duck Tales reboot or Gravity Falls back in its day despite not totally keeping up with them (or even watching an episode of Gravity Falls at all). It just doesn't seem all that popular outside of its bubble, but maybe I'm way off-base and its an incredibly popular show. (I just thought it was really dull.)
    I've seen fan art on Twitter and Tumblr. Does that count ?
    That definitely feels like Slott's influence over the show. If it makes you feel better, the next Spidey show should be heavily influenced by Nick Spencer and whoever comes after him.
    I don't think that's a guarantee. I think Slott's influence was mainly because he was a creative consultant on the show, something I don't think Spencer would be on the following cartoon.

If anything the next Spider-Man cartoon may just have a more broader focus in terms of the stuff they draw from.
    If they had MJ in this show and had her become Spinneret, would that make you feel better?
    I don't prefer MJ as a Superhero, but if it at least means they focus on her...maybe? But they barely do anything with the Spider-Heroes they already focus on, so that might not have worked out anyways.

I'm not sure if the Spinneret design would look good animated as well.
    Seems kinda late for that.
    Well, all the MCU-based cartoons are ending so there's at least the hope the next slate of cartoons won't be as dominated by that (aside from What If, obviously).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Thing is that, her crazyness is gone, now she's just "Lois Lane, minus sassiness".
    Granted, she hasn't gotten a lot of focus lately...but put her in a relationship with someone and watch sparks fly .
    The dozens of Anya's fans were happy I guess
    I know Spider-Chan was.
    There's the thing where even negative publicity can be seen as a good thing.

Hell, it's why Clone Saga gets trade paperbacks, there's probably plenty of people who buy it to see why most people hate it.
    To be honest, I don't see people bring up USM much these days either.
    To be fair, I'm not sure if losing AEMH is that much of a loss, season 1 was pretty good, but season 2 was must meh in everything except the Skrull invasion, and then that finale with Galactus... Yeah, maybe season 3 could be good though, but with how much season 2 dropped the quality, I'd have some doubts.
    I thought EMH was still pretty strong in it's second season. The quality faltered when Man of Action got brought in to take over but the overall quality still felt leagues ahead of what we ended up getting on Avengers Assemble, which I think speaks to the show's pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, she hasn't gotten a lot of focus lately...but put her in a relationship with someone and watch sparks fly .
    I think a new character would need to be made for her, since both Ned and Flash dies.

Wonder if a new guy is made, he'll just die like the rest, eventually .

To be honest, I don't see people bring up USM much these days either.
    Not negative enough I guess lol.

I thought EMH was still pretty strong in it's second season. The quality faltered when Man of Action got brought in to take over but the overall quality still felt leagues ahead of what we ended up getting on Avengers Assemble, which I think speaks to the show's pedigree.
    I judge something by itself without comparing to another adaptation, and season 2 was just meh to me outside of Skrulls, if that other cartoon is even worse, sucks for it.

Either way, as far as Spidey cartoons go, I think it's best to wait a few years before another one is made, we got too many lately.

As far as MJ in particular goes, wonder if they'll try to make her a model next time if she shows up, don't think any adaptation went that route, but then again, I really don't remember what they did with MJ in the 90's cartoon, or the MTV one.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think a new character would need to be made for her, since both Ned and Flash dies.

Wonder if a new guy is made, he'll just die like the rest, eventually .

Not negative enough I guess lol.

I judge something by itself without comparing to another adaptation, and season 2 was just meh to me outside of Skrulls, if that other cartoon is even worse, sucks for it.

Either way, as far as Spidey cartoons go, I think it's best to wait a few years before another one is made, we got too many lately.

As far as MJ in particular goes, wonder if they'll try to make her a model next time if she shows up, don't think any adaptation went that route, but then again, I really don't remember what they did with MJ in the 90's cartoon, or the MTV one.
    In the 90s cartoon, she was getting into acting and she did model in one episode.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Was there anything in particular you didn't like?
    Buh...Buh you got to keep the brand active :P!

The brand will sustain itself just fine. What it needs to do, at least on the animated series front, is to focus on building and maintaining narrative and storytelling quality with respect for the mythos it's based on and derived from.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The brand will sustain itself just fine. What it needs to do, at least on the animated series front, is to focus on building and maintaining narrative and storytelling quality with respect for the mythos it's based on and derived from.
    I know, but that usually seems the go-to reason why franchises constantly churn out new series after the latest one ends.

To be honest I'm surprised Marvel hasn't immediately launched a new Avengers cartoon after Assemble got stealth canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In the 90s cartoon, she was getting into acting and she did model in one episode.
    Thanks.

I honestly don't remember too of it, just that whatever was happening outside of Skrulls was dull, only things I remember not liking was that episode with Thor being depowered and having to fight that armor, the Sultur story arc being ignored (Since Sultur at least had potential), and that awful last episode.

Also didn't care about the "New Avengers" episode.

I'd have to rewatch to get specific reasons, but I just remember watching season 1 and thinking "Woah, this was really cool", then I watched season 2, and it was eh, and then that last episode happened...

I'm sure that pre-school cartoon will do the job

I know, but that usually seems the go-to reason why franchises constantly churn out new series after the latest one ends.

To be honest I'm surprised Marvel hasn't immediately launched a new Avengers cartoon after Assemble got stealth canceled.
    I didn't even know there wasn't a new cartoon, I just assumed they made a new one soon after lol.

What about that Avengers anime? The one made after Disc Wars, is that one still being produced?

I honestly don't remember too of it, just that whatever was happening outside of Skrulls was dull, only things I remember not liking was that episode with Thor being depowered and having to fight that armor, the Sultur story arc being ignored (Since Sultur at least had potential), and that awful last episode.

Also didn't care about the "New Avengers" episode.

I'd have to rewatch to get specific reasons, but I just remember watching season 1 and thinking "Woah, this was really cool", then I watched season 2, and it was eh, and then that last episode happened...
    For what it's worth, the episodes you cite came during the creative shift where Man of Action and Jeph Loeb took over, and fan consensus is that it was much weaker then the previous half of the season.
    I'm sure that pre-school cartoon will do the job
    That might be the only Spider-Man cartoon on the air in the future.
    I didn't even know there wasn't a new cartoon, I just assumed they made a new one soon after lol.

What about that Avengers anime? The one made after Disc Wars, is that one still being produced?
    They've never aired the dubs stateside.

For what it's worth, the episodes you cite came during the creative shift where Man of Action and Jeph Loeb took over, and fan consensus is that it was much weaker then the previous half of the season.

That might be the only Spider-Man cartoon on the air in the future.

They've never aired the dubs stateside.
    Which is a shame. A crying shame.

So what did people think of Amazing Mary Jane #2?

As hard as this is for me to say this ...the issue was bland garbage. I was worried this series would get overly silly and right on cue it did. Hopefully there’s still a chance that this series can turn around but after an issue like that I’m seriously considering dropping the title.

My girl mj deserves better treatment then this. It was literally a struggle making it to the end of this issue

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post

As hard as this is for me to say this ...the issue was bland garbage. I was worried this series would get overly silly and right on cue it did. Hopefully there’s still a chance that this series can turn around but after an issue like that I’m seriously considering dropping the title.

My girl mj deserves better treatment then this. It was literally a struggle making it to the end of this issue
    Wasn't great. MJ was fun herself, but the plot is super uninteresting.

That being said, I still really like what Hopeless/Hallum is doing with MJ in Spider-Man: Velocity. She was super cute looking, too!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post

Haven't had a chance to read it yet. That's a shame if true. At least I won't set my expectations too high then.

I read it and posted my thoughts on the Amazing Mary Jane #2 thread. Premise of #2 was weak to base a whole issue on, but I'm looking hopeful at #3 for some fun and action.

MARYJ2019005_cov.jpg

AMAZING MARY JANE #5

Leah Williams (W) • Carlos Gómez (A) • Cover by Humberto Ramos

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

GWEN STACY VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

CUT?!

All that stands between MJ and Mysterio’s ragtag crew and filming their climactic battle scene is…well, VULTURE, STEGRON, TARANTULA, KING COBRA, RHINO, and SCORPION!
    If this is Mary Jane’s last chance to realize her dreams, you can bet she’s going to fight like a tiger–or a spider!
    Will filming ever wrap? Will Mary Jane ever go home to the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN? And can Peter forgive her for her Hollywood team up?

not a fan of the art but the preview makes it sounds like its ending i thought this was an ongoing?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    MARYJ2019005_cov.jpg

AMAZING MARY JANE #5

Leah Williams (W) • Carlos Gómez (A) • Cover by Humberto Ramos

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

GWEN STACY VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

CUT?!

All that stands between MJ and Mysterio’s ragtag crew and filming their climactic battle scene is…well, VULTURE, STEGRON, TARANTULA, KING COBRA, RHINO, and SCORPION!
    If this is Mary Jane’s last chance to realize her dreams, you can bet she’s going to fight like a tiger–or a spider!
    Will filming ever wrap? Will Mary Jane ever go home to the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN? And can Peter forgive her for her Hollywood team up?

not a fan of the art but the preview makes it sounds like its ending i thought this was an ongoing?
    No it was always a 5 issue mini.