Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

BANNED

That trope is why I wouldn't mind MJ having blue eyes again or having that be her default permanent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In 616 now, and Ultimate Spider-Man, yes. I kind of think this was some coloring error, and once it got in, people liked it and it stuck. Romita certainly intended her to have blue eyes.

I was re-reading Frank Miller's Daredevil collected volumes and the first one including his early work as a penciller for Mantlo's Spectacular run, and in that one Miller's MJ has blue eyes too. This was around 1980 or so.

Attachment 86090

I think it might have been Roger Stern and JRJR that gave her green eyes. Because her having green eyes was a big part of Stern's run. Like at one point, Peter suggests that his attraction to Felicia was that she had green eyes like MJ, seeing her as a replacement for her.
    I forgot Felicia had green eyes .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forgot Felicia had green eyes .
    Sometimes they're blue, but that's explained by contact lenses. Also, 90s TAS Mary Jane had cyan eyes (light blue with maybe a tint of green).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Well, her eyes were blue back in her very first appearance. So actually it's correct! It's all the depictions with green eyes that are wrong.
    Weird, never noticed that. Guess it makes some sense, given that red hair and green eyes is a popular combination. I actually liked the blue look better myself and find it amusing to see when colorists accidentally use it. Case in point, she briefly has blue eyes in the first USM issue (when seeing Peter and Liz at the party) and at the very end of that Spider-Man/Red Sonja crossover (when she gets mad hearing that her husband had been working with a bikini-clad woman, not realizing Sonja had been borrowing her body at the time).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11. Won't spoil it, but it's one of the greatest Mary Jane-centric comics I've ever read.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

MJ is of course in Life Story #6 too.
    spoilers:
    She outlives Peter and gives Miles the classic Spider-Man costume.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    MJ is of course in Life Story #6 too.
    spoilers:
    She outlives Peter and gives Miles the classic Spider-Man costume.
    end of spoilers
    Beautiful moment that.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Cool. Thanks for sharing that.

BANNED

Zdarsky's Life Story opens with a homage to one of the great Peter-MJ moments. Nothing quite gets the "we grew old together" charm like this.

Peter MJ Kiss 2 Crop - ASM#143 Conway-Andru.jpg

Peter MJ Kiss 1 Crop - LF Zdarsky-Bagley.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Zdarsky's Life Story opens with a homage to one of the great Peter-MJ moments. Nothing quite gets the "we grew old together" charm like this.

Peter MJ Kiss 2 Crop - ASM#143 Conway-Andru.jpg

Peter MJ Kiss 1 Crop - LF Zdarsky-Bagley.jpg
    its not one to one though but they are in an airport so i give you that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    What's that from? Very cute.

Also, in other news, Spider-Man: Velocity had some really great MJ in it. I know there's lots of folk who don't like MJ being a reporter, but I love it (from the Ultimate universe), and I think Hallum writes her and Peter really well. Art wasn't quite as good as the City at War stuff by Michele Bandini, but Emilio Laiso does a good job.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What's that from? Very cute.

Also, in other news, Spider-Man: Velocity had some really great MJ in it. I know there's lots of folk who don't like MJ being a reporter, but I love it (from the Ultimate universe), and I think Hallum writes her and Peter really well. Art wasn't quite as good as the City at War stuff by Michele Bandini, but Emilio Laiso does a good job.
    It's a one page comic from Marvel Comics #1000. I like this one a lot, it's really cute and sort of J. Scott Campbell's way of poking fun at some of his own art. I also love the ending bit, "I'm in Love again!"