Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, maybe she could really impress me with writing a good dynamic with 616 Mary Jane and Earth-65 Gwen, although I feel like there would be a lot of Gwen propping up to come out of it.
    I can imagine 616 MJ wanting to promote the band - work as their manager, maybe. The only question is, what would her 65 counterpart think of that? It'd be interesting to see MJ, Glory and Betty all meet their counterparts. The other two in 616 are Bugle employees, so I think they'd be quite shocked at the differences between themselves and their alternates!

Another thing about 616 and 65 Mary Jane interacting, of course, is that anyone who sees them together might be confused about why they look so alike. It'd be fun to see them come up with some excuse to avoid telling the truth, like, say, that they're cousins with the same name? Something like that scenario happened in an issue of Go Go Power Rangers - an AU future counterpart of Kimberly (the Ranger Slayer in the Shattered Grid arc) showed up, so AU Kim pretended to be an older cousin - though using a fake name, Sally.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can imagine 616 MJ wanting to promote the band - work as their manager, maybe. The only question is, what would her 65 counterpart think of that? It'd be interesting to see MJ, Glory and Betty all meet their counterparts. The other two in 616 are Bugle employees, so I think they'd be quite shocked at the differences between themselves and their alternates!

Another thing about 616 and 65 Mary Jane interacting, of course, is that anyone who sees them together might be confused about why they look so alike. It'd be fun to see them come up with some excuse to avoid telling the truth, like, say, that they're cousins with the same name? Something like that scenario happened in an issue of Go Go Power Rangers - an AU future counterpart of Kimberly (the Ranger Slayer in the Shattered Grid arc) showed up, so AU Kim pretended to be an older cousin - though using a fake name, Sally.
    I remember that one. Fun times.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I mean, maybe she could really impress me with writing a good dynamic with 616 Mary Jane and Earth-65 Gwen, although I feel like there would be a lot of Gwen propping up to come out of it.
    Maybe, but by default I'm not trusting McGuire about this.

But who knows, maybe she'd write MJ pretty well, I just don't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ah, cool. Hopefully it's this year's Hunted, and deals with Kindred. Maybe I'm impatient, but I feel like Spencer's spun us along for enough time - let's get to Kindred vs. Peter and MJ!
    Basically everyone is theorizing that it's gonna be about Kindred, and honestly, I really hope it is, the mystery overstaying its welcome would be pretty annoying.

I think something like that happened between Peter and Ben, and they just excused it as being cousins who just happen to really look alike.

MJ and EmJay could use an excuse like that, or maybe aunt and niece, and it wouldn't be far fetched too, plenty of cases where something like that happens, I actually personally know a case where an aunt and niece look more alike that the niece and her own mother, it was confusing lol.

As for names, well, DC did something like that between both Wallies, by saying it was the name of another relative, but there it was the real case, they could say here as a lie, or maybe EmJay could just get a fake name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think something like that happened between Peter and Ben, and they just excused it as being cousins who just happen to really look alike.

MJ and EmJay could use an excuse like that, or maybe aunt and niece, and it wouldn't be far fetched too, plenty of cases where something like that happens, I actually personally know a case where an aunt and niece look more alike that the niece and her own mother, it was confusing lol.

As for names, well, DC did something like that between both Wallies, by saying it was the name of another relative, but there it was the real case, they could say here as a lie, or maybe EmJay could just get a fake name.
    MJ has enough family that she could write her off as a niece if she needed too, and it's not like she looks like adult MJ. She doesn't even really look like 616 teen MJ.

MJ has enough family that she could write her off as a niece if she needed too, and it's not like she looks like adult MJ. She doesn't even really look like 616 teen MJ.
    Isn't that more because of the different art style? Because I remember seeing a panel where she looked like early MJ.

We can actually make a direct comparison. Gwen's current artist drew Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. Which stars a different teenage MJ (though still not 616). Anyway, yes, I'd say art style and hairstyle are the main reasons why they look different.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

We can actually make a direct comparison. Gwen's current artist drew Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. Which stars a different teenage MJ (though still not 616). Anyway, yes, I'd say art style and hairstyle are the main reasons why they look different.
    While that's true, Takeshi Miyazawa's art has evolved a LOT since he did SMLMJ (one of the best series of all time, BTW) - his figures and faces are much more "normal" these days, instead of the clearly manga/shoujo-influence of the mid 2000s.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Isn't that more because of the different art style? Because I remember seeing a panel where she looked like early MJ.
    Maybe a more grungy, malnourished, 616 MJ...

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Ho, ho, ho!

...Don't look at me like that. There's a M-rated fanfic I read where MJ and Felicia call each other as such in the middle of a threesome with Peter.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

I appreciate that we have an artist for MJ who really enjoys being on her title!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I appreciate that we have an artist for MJ who really enjoys being on her title!
    Not to mention draws her so well! As far as I'm concerned, Carlos Gomez is in the running for best modern Mary Jane artist .

I honestly hope the title continues just so he can get to draw her for as long as possible .

It's also nice to see MJ's attractiveness just treated as a part of the character but not in a way that detracts from the strong, complex, woman she is, or treat it like it needs to be downplayed.

Not to mention draws her so well! As far as I'm concerned, Carlos Gomez is in the running for best modern Mary Jane artist .

I honestly hope the title continues just so he can get to draw her for as long as possible .

It's also nice to see MJ's attractiveness just treated as a part of the character but not in a way that detracts from the strong, complex, woman she is, or treat it like it needs to be downplayed.
    Well said

I love this artist
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I love this artist
    His art is absolutely gorgeous and he seems like a fun guy .