Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

I think this is something people may like, some Into The Spider-Verse Peter and MJ fan art

https://twitter.com/00tgamt/status/1098570965074628609

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    She and Peter are equals. They have parallel lives and story arcs that follow similar arcs and trajectories.
    I see what you did there...parallel...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Did he say he couldn't resist covering a comic where MJ gets vaporised?

Can we get a new writer for this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Did he say he couldn't resist covering a comic where MJ gets vaporised?

Can we get a new writer for this feature?
    If he said that shame on him. In this day and age when misogyny in the media has become such an important issue no one covering comic books should say they want to see an important, popular female character be "vaprised".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    If he said that shame on him. In this day and age when misogyny in the media has become such an important issue no one covering comic books should say they want to see an important, popular female character be "vaprised".
    I haven't enjoyed the tone of the "If Her Hair Was Red" articles...it's like the author is more interested in the downs of Peter and MJ's relationship than the ups, and puts more effort into his writing whenever they have upheaval.

CBR haven't been very fair to MJ for a while. They mocked MJ for saying she'd never trade her marriage for anything in the short tribute story to Gwen, and they're the ones who laughably stated Peter and Mockingbird would make everyone forget about OMD. They're very mean-spirited and completely out-of-touch.

Covering an out-of-continuity story like this does give me hope that he'll maybe cover Spider-Girl MJ down the line, or maybe take a side-trip into covering an arc of Newspaper MJ...you know, versions of the character that are a wee bit more consistent
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-23-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I haven't enjoyed the tone of the "If Her Hair Was Red" articles...it's like the author is more interested in the downs of Peter and MJ's relationship than the ups, and puts more effort into his writing whenever they have upheaval.

CBR haven't been very fair to MJ for a while. They mocked MJ for saying she'd never trade her marriage for anything in the short tribute story to Gwen, and they're the ones who laughably stated Peter and Mockingbird would make everyone forget about OMD. They're very mean-spirited and completely out-of-touch.
    I'll never understand this mindset. While I utterly detested the way Bobbi treated Peter when they were paired I never thought gee they should fridge Mockingbird so Spidey can "be free" because she's a bitch. The only character I think should maybe die is Aunt May not because I hate her rather because I feel her returned ruined her epic death way back in Amazing Spider-Man 400, oh and maybe Kraven for the same reason.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-23-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'll never understand this mindset. While I utterly detested the way Bobbi treated Peter when they were paired I never thought gee they should fridge Mockingbird so Spidey can "be free" because she's a bitch. The only character I think should maybe die is Aunt May not because I hate her rather because I feel her returned ruined her epic death way back in Amazing Spider-Man 400, oh and maybe Kraven for the same reason.
    And while JMS did salvage Aunt May by having her find out Peter was Spider-Man and become his staunchest supporter that wasn't Mary Jane, as soon as One More Day reset everything to the old status quo where almost no one, not even the people nearest and dearest to him, knew or remembered that he was Spider-Man anymore, all that good work went to waste.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And while JMS did salvage Aunt May by having her find out Peter was Spider-Man and become his staunchest supporter that wasn't Mary Jane, as soon as One More Day reset everything to the old status quo where almost no one, not even the people nearest and dearest to him, knew or remembered that he was Spider-Man anymore, all that good work went to waste.
    Indeed, the only worthwhile thing done with Aunt May (IMO) since Amazing 400 was thrown under the bus because of OMD grrr.

BANNED

Can we please not include anything to do with OMIT in here please?

Into the Spider-Verse won an Oscar.

One More Day is one of the most maligned stories in Marvel's publishing history.

The results speak for themselves.

(Also, Peter, get MJ that bread!)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

One More Day is one of the most maligned stories in Marvel's publishing history.

Hooray!!!!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Maybe we should take this as a sign that media with Mary Jane are more successful then those that don't ?